Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

miamee wrote: »
    Ah you are all only young wans :D
    Mostly. Not me :D

Wait.... is that why you wanted to start posting in here? To be around people your age since can't go to those noisy clubs.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Oi you.. how do you know I act my age? :mad: :pac:

At least my hair (whats left of it) is the one colour :P

Was implying you were only 2. :P
    And what colour is that? Grey?:pac:
    It adds character

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was implying you were only 2. :P
    And what colour is that? Grey?:pac:
    It adds character

Ahh right, well my youthful good looks and soft skin does help :pac:

Nah not grey yet, think it will be gone before it starts going grey, though the aul stubble when I get lazy and don't shave has a variety of colours in it.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Almost - I'm 20 this April, not half as organised as you though cos I haven't even planned tomorrow yet :pac:

The month of fools :pac:

To confirm this I would like to inform you all that I too, am born in April, and quite the fool
    awec wrote: »
    You should get the mach 3 out and shave it off down to the bone and polish your scone up.

Not with these bad boys - *points at bushy eyebrows

The head-shaven look, does not Paul suit I'm afraid

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »
    Not with these bad boys - *points at bushy eyebrows

The head-shaven look, does not Paul suit I'm afraid
    Get your eyebrows tweezed too then.

I think waxed would be more fun.. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Wait.... is that why you wanted to start posting in here? To be around people your age since can't go to those noisy clubs.

The music is far too loud in clubs, you can't have a nice chat :pac:

The music is far too loud in clubs, you can't have a nice chat :pac:

They're even worse sober, I believe. I'm assuming that's the case since drunk people seem to enjoy them.

Get your eyebrows tweezed too then.
    I think waxed would be more fun.. :D

I'm not shaving the head lads - I'll hold on to my hair for dear life!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They're even worse sober, I believe. I'm assuming that's the case since drunk people seem to enjoy them.

I can't imagine going willingly while sober...but there's a first time for everything I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I'm not shaving the head lads - I'll hold on to my hair for dear life!!
    Not doing a good job so far

I can't imagine going willingly while sober...but there's a first time for everything I suppose.
    I try not to go too often. there's a reason I post in OD. :)

I try not to go too often. there's a reason I post in OD. :)
    Lol, me too :)
    What about a combover?
    Ha, my uncle used to have one of those. When he went swimming one day, my other uncle started shouting at him that there was a rat following him in the pool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Clubs sober are grand! Not as bad as people think!

What about a combover?

A Mexi-Combover :pac:

*And he never posted in the know your clubbers thread again :pac: :D

*And he never posted in the know your clubbers thread again :pac: :D
    Ah I liked your funky jeans :p

Pembily wrote: »
    Ah I liked your funky jeans :p
    They took the attention away from my head :D

They took the attention away from my head :D
    Too much innuendo to comment and too tipsy :P

Of course Bluewolf likes it :pac:

Morning all, how're we today?

Think I should share this with you all - hats off to this gentleman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Christmas album on repeat and I am procrastinating to beat the band. Blog entry being typed, photos onto facebook, changing my profile picture. I'm just short of starting to paint my nails. :o

• Advertisement

Of course Bluewolf likes it :pac:

Morning all, how're we today?

That video was great!

I am feeling pretty crappy today :(:( Coming down with a cold :mad:
    Daisies wrote: »
    Christmas album on repeat and I am procrastinating to beat the band. Blog entry being typed, photos onto facebook, changing my profile picture. I'm just short of starting to paint my nails. :o
    Sounds like a good day :D

Daisies wrote: »
    Jebus, productive much?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wedding proposal

that is great! but I don;'t think anything will top this one:

Hero!!

Morning all o/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Morning all.

So, how are we fixed for the apocalypse? :pac:

D'Agger that video was lovely :) I had everyone watching the T Mobile Welcome Back video earlier here in the office. I can't actually watch it myself or I might cry :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Jebus, productive much?? :pac:

Pity none if it is what I am supposed to be doing! Photos currently uploading for my blog entry!

@Black Oil, I'm pretty sure the students want the world to end before their last exam tomorrow. However Malawi is one of the "safe places" so Bye guys, twas good knowing ye :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Morning all.

So, how are we fixed for the apocalypse? :pac:

i've a few cans, so i'll be grand

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What's in the cans?

Nice that you live in an exclusion zone, Daises. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Morning everyone!

that is great! but I don;'t think anything will top this one:

I actually know someone who did something similar to that, except it was a mini movie of their lives together, must see if I can find it on youtube!

I'm so ready for the apocalypse! Gonna be watching Die Hard when the world 'ends'! :D

• Advertisement

swapple wrote: »
    I'm so ready for the apocalypse! Gonna be watching Die Hard when the world 'ends'! :D

Don't worry!

393100_504452476253040_497986535_n.jpg

Whew... I had a freezer full of food to eat and the thoughts of that going off along with warm beer after the electricity is gone as the end of days approaches was bringing a tear to my eye.. :D

But wasn't Maya in South America? So would be 12/21 their time.

But wasn't Maya in South America? So would be 12/21 their time.

Ahh crap!! :cool:

Ahh crap!! :cool:
    Doing up a powerpoint presentation - for somebody who works in IT - I rarely have to use MS Office I have to admit!! :pac:

Doing up a powerpoint presentation - for somebody who works in IT - I rarely have to use MS Office I have to admit!! :pac:

Anyone who works in IT should never require a powerpoint presentation for themselves.. shameful!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone who works in IT should never require a powerpoint presentation for themselves.. shameful!! :pac:

Dunno. I'm a systems tester and there are times I think I have to do up a big presentation just to get the point across to the developers of what the bug is. :)

Don't put lots of words on each slide, less is more in this case!

Dunno. I'm a systems tester and there are times I think I have to do up a big presentation just to get the point across to the developers of what the bug is. :)

Work on the sys admin side of things and despise power point presentations.. especially when the contain overly colourful graphs, pie charts etc.. its like a presentation for a bunch kindergarten going kids.. :rolleyes: (Granted some senior mgmt can be like that!!)

If there is info there to be shared, a simple graph works, doesn't need every colour of the rainbow to show it.. /rant

*deep breath* :D

THIS!!

6 words per slide MAX!!

when I was in college my final presentation had no words at all - just videos, hi res pictures and graphs! it's a presentation - you are supposed to PRESENT!

(not gonna lie - I loved doing them!)

Work on the sys admin side of things and despise power point presentations.. especially when the contain overly colourful graphs, pie charts etc.. its like a presentation for a bunch kindergarten going kids.. :rolleyes: (Granted some senior mgmt can be like that!!)

If there is info there to be shared, a simple graph works, doesn't need every colour of the rainbow to show it.. /rant

*deep breath* :D
    Not everyone speaks techie but still needs to understand! There is no need for all the colours. Presentations are a good way of sharing this information! I don't mind giving them to be honest.
    THIS!!

6 words per slide MAX!!

when I was in college my final presentation had no words at all - just videos, hi res pictures and graphs! it's a presentation - you are supposed to PRESENT!

(not gonna lie - I loved doing them!)
    Ah 6 is a bit low but anything over 20 is ridiculous! People just read and don't listen to what you have to say at all, pointless!

• Advertisement

Ah 6 is a bit low but anything over 20 is ridiculous! People just read and don't listen to what you have to say at all, pointless!

what is worse than this is someone who reads the words on the slide word for word - nothing worse imo!!

also 6 words is perfect - Look up Seth Godin or Steve Jobs' presentations for proof!

Not everyone speaks techie but still needs to understand! There is no need for all the colours. Presentations are a good way of sharing this information! I don't mind giving them to be honest.

I absolutely agree and understand this but if you look at the original post by D'Agger its a presentation from one IT peep to another IT peep.. so they should understand it.

For non IT folk, its a completely different story and usually very necessary..

what is worse than this is someone who reads the words on the slide word for word - nothing worse imo!!

also 6 words is perfect - Look up Seth Godin or Steve Jobs' presentations for proof!
    I don't get why people read slides :confused:

Sometimes a few more words are needed, sometimes (I am currently working on a powerpoint that has about 20 words per slide but it's for a student audience).
    I absolutely agree and understand this but if you look at the original post by D'Agger its a presentation from one IT peep to another IT peep.. so they should understand it.

Ah see I didn't read it the way it was meant. I thought he was saying he was an IT person.

Is this day over yet?

Apparently, Haiku Deck is handy for presentations, if you've an iPad (think you can export to Powerpoint or PDF).

Last presentation I was at was half a day's training. He used 89 slides, iirc.

We do when it's to ask for the tools required.

Family based company so they want to know everything about what's going on so need to explain what we're doing, why we need it etc. - all I want is my own VM!

I'm all about the bullet points with corresponding notes underneath for me to say!

Nooooo - it's to management, that said it's also for members of IT to look at but tbh I think dumbing it down for some of the senior IT folk will also be a requirement :)

Just my luck. I win a prize at work and it's a bottle of wine.

Just my luck. I win a prize at work and it's a bottle of wine.
    Do you not drink? I will swap for the box of mint crisp chocolate I won yesterday!

oh good god the 3pm slump.....coffee

I have coffee too - nom nom nom coffee! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I have coffee too!
    But it's 8am for me...

Ye should be ashamed of yerselves, young fellas like ye..tut tut tut!:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement