Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Lucyfur wrote: »
    It'll be well worth it Lynda, do your best to stay off them. Buy yourself something nice when you're off them a week :)

What I'm gonna do (which my family will hate) is use the money I save over the next 6 months to get myself another tattoo. That and the fact that my fitness class trainers will murder me if I smoke are the only things keeping me going. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My mommy says I'm ''destroyed'' in tattoos :D

I developed a serious shoe addiction, which is fed with my no-smoking money :D

My mommy says I'm ''destroyed'' in tattoos :D

I developed a serious shoe addiction, which is fed with my no-smoking money :D

Mine says the same. :pac: I swore I'd only ever get one, and well, em. I got that, but have gotten three more in the past 11 months alone. :pac:

I loooooooooove shoes, but I'm more addicted to tattoos so I'll spend my money on those instead. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    So what did you buy? I spent a bloody fortune shopping over the past week. I lost loads of weight so had to buy clothes that aren't falling off me when I move. :pac:

It's called a komodo dragon, apparently. It was just something I drew when I was bored and itching for a new tattoo and the girl doing it told me that it looked like that particular lizard. :pac:

On an unrelated note, I'm off the smokes three days. I want to kill myself. :pac:

Jeans, headphones, shirt...I was going to look for a dress but a very lovely mate of mine has given me one she can't wear anymore so I'll have to see about that :)

Sounds cool! Part of me has always wanted an eye on the back of my neck - "teacher really does have eyes in the back of her head Mammy!" Might just not happen though, traumatising small ones not the best plan :pac:

Fair play to you on the losing weight and giving up the smokes too! Must come up with an NYE resolution...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tea,Viennese Whirls and The Sopranos,noice!!

They really don't make shows like this anymore.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Necronos wrote: »
    Tea,Viennese Whirls and The Sopranos,noice!!

They really don't make shows like this anymore.

:(
    I used to love The Sopranos so much. For some reason I didn't watch the last season or two, I must get the boxset and watch again from the start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I have them all on DVD anyway but Sky Atlantic are showing them all again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Don't have Sky Atlantic! But I'll get the boxset at some point :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

awec's pregnant?
    You wouldn't be advising the use of artificial modraception would ya now?
    Well, eh, I, now, eh, I, no...just feck off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Great news, Neccy!

Lucyfur, my finances have never been the same since I discovered LK Bennett shoes :o :pac:

• Advertisement

LK Bennett are an investment!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hello, Lucyfur, don't think I know ye, so hello. :pac:

Bad idea checking work emails at this hour, night all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

awec's pregnant?
    You wouldn't be advising the use of artificial modraception would ya now?
    Well, eh, I, now, eh, I, no...just feck off!
    Quality pun!

Hello, Lucyfur, don't think I know ye, so hello. :pac:

Bad idea checking work emails at this hour, night all.

Hello :)/

Careful now, you'll unleash the pun ninja that is KKK. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

LK Bennett are an investment!
    I LOVE YOU! That's actually what I say every time I buy a pair :D :pac:

Nah Maguined isn't around, we're safe :p

Lucyfur I'm glad you came to the dark side, we need more ladies!

Pembily wrote: »
    Lucyfur I'm glad you came to the dark side, we need more ladies normal people!

;)

Oh jesus, if it's normal people ye're looking for, I better leave :(

Then again, I don't get called a lady too often either :pac:

Oh jesus, if it's normal people ye're looking for, I better leave :(

Then again, I don't get called a lady too often either :pac:
    You'll fit right in :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose I should say welcome Lucyfur as well. You already know about the cookies. Glad to see they're working as a means to trick people into coming here.

Back to work tomorrow. Booooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sh*ttin hell lads I go offline for a few hours - awec gets himself up the duff (Dibs godfather, screw you panthro, although you're possibly the...dadmy?), Nec moves in with his lady (congratulations my good man, all the best in your cohabitation :) ), Grahmes goes to the edge and thankfully comes safely back! - glad to hear you're in better form now bud

This thread is gone bananas, which brings me nicely round to the cookies...somebody please update me on the status of these bad boys and let me know if I can has! :pac:

Lastly, welcome Lucyfur! :)

All we're missing is a theme song. Maybe Eastenders' "duh duh duh duh duh duh" leading into the Glenroe theme?

I can't sleep, I'm too excited about starting back at my bootcamp classes in the morning.

Good God, what has my life become? Too excited about exercise to sleep? This is not right! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!

Cookies with banana? please someone make me these! Me Hungy!!

Hope the morning sickness isn't too bad today Awec :pac:

Morning all :)

Morrning all! Getting up today was a bit less horrific than yesterday...I'm still scarred :D

The beers sound like fun, I might pop along if I can though it is also my birthday weekend so we'll see!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all, jeez a lot going on here..

Soo, where to start:

Awec and whoeverthedaddyis

Parenting forum here
    Newborn and Toddlers forum here
    Civil Partnerships forum here
    Primary and Pre-school Forum here

In case things dont work out..

Personal Issues here
    Seperation and Divorce here

:pac:

Oh and welcome Lucyfur :)

Cookies with banana? please someone make me these! Me Hungy!!

Not familiar with this combination..:eek:

• Advertisement

Was mentioned a few pages back!! Now I am even hungrier!

I use banana to sweeten cakes but never cookies as in my head it would make the cookies soggy but Lucyfur makes them that way so could work!

You just substitute the sugar for mushy mashed banana. Keep mashing it til i'ts total mush and fire it into to cooking recipe! It'll work in any cookie recipe...I'd be even less mad about it in anything containing chocolate tho...

Be warned, I think it's yuck, but junior loves them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Nah, I got C&H playing pun games yesterday, I've had my fix now! :pac:

The slump has hit....and hit hard at that :(

Must.Get.Coffee.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    The slump has hit....and hit hard at that :(

Must.Get.Coffee.

I concur. Though tea for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Mid afternoon slump also hitting hard here..

Tea and carrot cake seem to have solved the problem tho.. well for another hour at least :cool:

I feel worse today. Had to go to the shop to get some food and I am wrecked after it :( I hate being sick :mad:

I feel worse today. Had to go to the shop to get some food and I am wrecked after it :( I hate being sick :mad:
    You sure it's not a prolonged 3pm slump after the hols :pac:....because that coffee was like a band aid for a bullet wound for me!!

You sure it's not a prolonged 3pm slump after the hols :pac:....because that coffee was like a band aid for a bullet wound for me!!

Thank you need a bigger coffee cup so.. :D

coffee,cup,gag,mug-bbb461a4a12db22ab2d9c5b913453005_h.jpg

• Advertisement

Nope defo illness! Fell like crap... Also I don't drink coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Aw it's feckin horrible having to look after yourself when you're sick! Hope you're feeling perkier soon!

I am about to start making those aforementioned cookies! :D (mixed with some choccies I nicked from work! :D )

Also (a bit late but I'm a busy girl ok!) congrats to Neccy on the new living arrangements! Delirah for ya :)

COOKIES!!!! :D

I am hungry but don't have the energy to cook so I am getting take away!

I am hungry but don't have the energy to cook so I am getting take away!

Ata girl Pembo! Thinking of getting a dominos myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hi all,

Don't usually post here but said I'd stick the head in and say hello.

So, HELLO!!

G'wan what's everyone's favourite pizza toppings?

Hi all,

Don't usually post here but said I'd stick the head in and say hello.

So, HELLO!!

Howya.. :)

G'wan what's everyone's favourite pizza toppings?
    Chicken, onion and sweetcorn :)

I got cashew nut chicken!

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement