Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I tend to plan my next meal while I'm eating :pac:
    Sames! ;)

Well done on the loss. That's fab!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

awec wrote: »
    I have had a horse appetite these past 2 days. Just made myself a ham sandwich!

Let us know when you want us to set up the Awec Sympathetic Pregnancy Support Group. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don;t buy something unless I intend to eat it. So great for avoiding snacking, etc. Not so great if I ever have visitors. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I tend to plan my next meal while I'm eating :pac:

I'm doing pretty well tho, one more dress size to go. I'm not really going by scales cos I do a fair amount of exercise and I always weigh more than I look.
    I'm a bit the same! Congrats on the loss.

Awec you finally have a normal appetite :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Hermione* wrote: »
    Enjoy your pizza, KKK ;)

That was cruel I'm telling ya, CRUEL.
    Pembily wrote: »
    I am kinda weird that way :o

Just that way? :P
    Let us know when you want us to set up the Awec Sympathetic Pregnancy Support Group. :p

:D
    None of his All Saints stuff is gonna fit - awec what are you gonna do? :eek:

Just that way? :P
    Hey :(:(
    None of his All Saints stuff is gonna fit -awec what are you gonna do? :eek:
    Die :p

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

All Saints? Jaysus, 90s flashback. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Hey :(:(
    tumblr_mdc614z2011rkmcsko1_400.gif
    Better? :P
    Die :p
    Don't say those sort of things!

I dunno man, reckon one of these could look very purty on you! Whaddya think?

Much better. I need a hug today. A mommy one preferably!

That tshirt would suit him :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ok firstly morning all! secondly I have to read the last 2 pages but I need to point this out (it may have been done already!)
    And what are you drinking it with?
    Ice!
    Neat? Hardcore!!

good god woman - Neat means NO ICE! Rocks means with ice!

Learn your lingo missy or you are not allowed enter public houses anymore! rabble rabble rabble!

I need coffee!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Someone already pointed out about the ice. Poor Pembily, she is sick, leave her alone :P
    Morning folks, beautiful morning out even if I am just sitting on the bus :D
    Thank feck it is Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Boss out from work again today - free roam for me not to be bothered :)

Sipping my coffee away here, nice start to the day. Morning all!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Tis a lovely morning, but some seriously dark clouds coming over the horizon in Dublin.. looks very end of worldish eek!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,316 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Morning! Strange how 2 days can feel like a long week.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Morning! Strange how 2 days can feel like a long week.
    Stop! Next week is going to be horrific and long!

Still...Weekend :)

I calmed down a bit after my coffee - then this happened:

[warning mini rant imminent]

I went to get the Friday cakes - got the credit card, went out into the cold and walked up, and came back with the following:
    • 7 scones
    • 7 croissants
    • 3 danish's
    • 1 BIG Belgian chocolate & biscuit cake
    • 1 small malteaser cheesecake
    • 1 small chocolate eclair
    • 2 small chocolate cake thingies
    • 1 small cheesecake
    • 1 big round multigrain bit of bread

sorted it all out - got a fresh pot of Jam and one of cream to go with them all, packed it all up and back to the office I went! Now I would like to make the point again that i eat NONE of these, as I am trying to lose weight - so this didn't benefit me at all!

Get back to the office, bring all the things into the kitchen, get the plates et al ready for when the hoard of people rush in.....Then a CERTAIN SOMEONE (who I believe I may have mentioned once or twice previously.....says: "you know there aren't as many peoiple in today lads don't you.....what did you just get the same amount as usual - guh *insert smarmy smug git smile here*"

No "thanks lads", no "cheers" no "looks good" just made his c*ntish comment and then took his share of everything and f*cked off!!

I don't care how much money you make, you can't buy class, but ffs manners are free! This jumped up little pr!ck deserved a f*cking punch - and one day I fear I actually may go through with it!! C*NT!! :mad::mad::mad:

[.....and breathe!!]

I think one of these mornings we'll be reading on rte.ie about how a certain someone met his demise thanks to a boardsie... :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Send the 'extra' cakes over here :D
    What an ungrateful git!!

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    Someone already pointed out about the ice. Poor Pembily, she is sick, leave her alone :P
    Morning folks, beautiful morning out even if I am just sitting on the bus :D
    Thank feck it is Friday!
    I like you :) Nice to see someone has my back!!

I had ready brek and jam for breakfast :)

Grames people will always be like that, just breath in and out and he will eventual get his due.

I calmed down a bit after my coffee - then this happened:

[warning mini rant imminent]

I went to get the Friday cakes - got the credit card, went out into the cold and walked up, and came back with the following:
    • 7 scones
    • 7 croissants
    • 3 danish's
    • 1 BIG Belgian chocolate & biscuit cake
    • 1 small malteaser cheesecake
    • 1 small chocolate eclair
    • 2 small chocolate cake thingies
    • 1 small cheesecake
    • 1 big round multigrain bit of bread

sorted it all out - got a fresh pot of Jam and one of cream to go with them all, packed it all up and back to the office I went! Now I would like to make the point again that i eat NONE of these, as I am trying to lose weight - so this didn't benefit me at all!

Get back to the office, bring all the things into the kitchen, get the plates et al ready for when the hoard of people rush in.....Then a CERTAIN SOMEONE (who I believe I may have mentioned once or twice previously.....says: "you know there aren't as many peoiple in today lads don't you.....what did you just get the same amount as usual - guh *insert smarmy smug git smile here*"

No "thanks lads", no "cheers" no "looks good" just made his c*ntish comment and then took his share of everything and f*cked off!!

I don't care how much money you make, you can't buy class, but ffs manners are free! This jumped up little pr!ck deserved a f*cking punch - and one day I fear I actually may go through with it!! C*NT!! :mad::mad::mad:

[.....and breathe!!]
    When we eventually meet....I'm going to present you with a stress ball :) I know the feeling though

That person seems to be a bit blunt and to the point, lacking the diplomacy to word their point in a more friendly way I'd imagine - going by what you've mentioned on here. I know, and have worked with a good few people like that - there's nothing you can do to correct it really because they'll inevitably try to have the last word I'd imagine.

My response to his little quip would have involved supply/demand/statistical analysis and a sarcastic offer to drop over said analysis to his desk when he's finished eating his share of the spoils*

*I probably wouldn't respond like this, I'm a right mouse :(

You've reminded me of my own little rant from last night though GB!

We parked just inside a yellow box of a garage next to the air pump - there was a car to the right of us directly in the way of it also, which doesn't excuse it but there is literally nowhere else to park. Ran in and got food - 10mins we were there I'd say. Come back to a guy pulling into the now empty spot next to our car. Guy was in a bad mood and told us we shouldn't be parked there, which is a fair call - we said sorry and got into the car, guy then gives us evils and my buddy (who's learning to drive) starts the car in gear, causing a bit of a lurch. This guy, whilst hurriedly pumping his tyres, stops and claps at this.

My buddy just reversed and we left but was tempted to get out of the car and question this obnoxious príck as per what was so clap worthy - my friend has L plates up, meaning he's learning to drive, what on earth made him think that clapping at him making a common enough mistake is a cool thing to do. Is your day going so badly that you feel it's fine to act like a complete ass to two people who've already acknowledged they were in the wrong and apologized for it :rolleyes:

Was fairly annoyed at not calling him on it...until I stuffed my face with some sweet, sweet KCs munch

Anyway....that's my rant :)

Thanks for the kind words guys, and sorry that I rant about Captain C*nt a fair amount on here - but I fear if i don't I may end up throwing him out the window! So thanks for that! Yizzer all just lovely!!

D'Agger - soinds like you ran into the most obnoxious of pr!cks - you should have ran him over........

too harsh?! :pac:

Thanks for the kind words guys, and sorry that I rant about Captain C*nt a fair amount on here - but I fear if i don't I may end up throwing him out the window! So thanks for that! Yizzer all just lovely!!

D'Agger - soinds like you ran into the most obnoxious of pr!cks - you should have ran him over........

You're grand out kiiiid - good to vent and get others opinions on it :)

Bit OTT on the knocking him down thing....I'm leaving karma deal with that guy!

Better out than in as they say :pac:

(I think that may be in reference to something else, lol)

miamee wrote: »
    Better out than in as they say :pac:

(I think that may be in reference to something else, lol)
    Better up than down :P

• Advertisement

Better up than down :P

300_2270082.png

300_2270082.png
    Not what I meant!
    :eek:

300_2270082.png
    The heating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Typical Pem, always in to lower the tone...tut tut tut!
    My Boards.ie Teeshirt arrived yesterday, wore it to a comedy gig last night.
    Not to sound too far up my own rear end but I'm pretty sure I got checked out by a rather cute girl last night. She was doing a quare amount of looking in my direction and smiling.
    Perhaps I've discovered a "lucky" teeshirt with magical powers!:D

I didn't lower the tone!!!

I'm getting take away again tonight...

• Advertisement

Ummm hmmm...Tell it to the judge!:pac:
    (Wait, round here, I am a judge...GUILTY!)

Tonight I get to say bye to the girl I've been kissing and starting to like.
    Yeah that should be fun...not.

Panthro wrote: »

Aaahhh :(:( That sucks!! Hugs

I got that t-shirt as well. Good design, quality of the print...less so.

Leave Pem alone, she's taken all the drugs. :pac:

Sorry to hear that man....this will either cheer you up or sadden you but I'm going to gamble that the sheer power of cheese will make you laugh. Enjoy :)

Aw no, that sucks :( That wasn't very long at all...hopefully you will keep in touch with each other.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What you need to do now is slap both your arse cheeks while she's looking and give her a "you want a bit of this?" look.

Her knees will tremble at the sight...

Ehhh what yourself and Pem get upto in the privacy of yer own homes is yer own business man.....

:pac:

Necronos wrote: »
    Ehhh what yourself and Pem get upto in the privacy of yer own homes is yer own business man.....

:pac:
    Feck off! Don't pick on me cos he is an idiot :(

Any weekend plans, folks?

I'll be getting ready for work on Monday (new office time) and watching a bit of Borgen.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man....this will either cheer you up or sadden you but I'm going to gamble that the sheer power of cheese will make you laugh. Enjoy :)

I see you above and I raise you the tune that came on on my itunes radio selection for the day.
    I laughed...So hard a tear escaped..into my coffee..Now I have tear flavoured coffee..It's not been a good morning!

• Advertisement

Aw Panthro :( Do you have a date with the lady or literally meeting to say goodbye?

Hugs hugs Panthro!

Miamee your sig makes me smile :)

I rented a dvd and sat down to watch it only to remember that my laptop doesn't have a dvd drive :( :rolleyes:

myself and my housemates are mates with herself and a mate of hers who she is going traveling with so we are getting together for pints. Ara I'll be sound in a day or two I guess, it's just a pity because it was such a coincidence we met in the first place and clicked.
    Her aunt was telling my sister about her niece being out in Canada, and my sister came back to me asking a few questions about Canada, and just so happened to mention that she was talking to the aunt who mentioned that she had a niece out here.
    But I'd actually already met her like the night or two before, and the strange thing is, as soon as I had met her, I thought to myself "Jesus, she reminds me so much of (insert Aunts name here)"
    Her aunt is a Shaman and really "in touch" as it were. I'm not mad into that sort of thing personally, but I do listen to her aunt when she says something to me, she usually isn't too far wide of the mark if she says something to me.
    But that's going off into a different tangent altogether.

How long is she gone for Panthro?

Gone off traveling for a few months, then home to college(no she's not 18, a bit older!)...where else but...IN GALWAY!:mad:

Gone off traveling for a few months, then home to college(no she's not 18, a bit older!)...where else but...IN GALWAY!:mad:
    So is she starting in college in September?

Feck, had a big long reply and accidentally deleted it :rolleyes:

@Pembily that made me laugh about your laptop...sorry :P

@Panthro sounds like ye might keep in touch anyway, you never know what might happen. Make sure you give her a goodbye kiss to remember ;):D

I'll be getting ready for work on Monday (new office time) and watching a bit of Borgen.
    Wine and curry night with the girlies tomorrow :)

Getting better :(

• Advertisement

I rented a dvd and sat down to watch it only to remember that my laptop doesn't have a dvd drive :( :rolleyes:

As an IT head this disappoints me on so many different levels :pac:
    myself and my housemates are mates with herself and a mate of hers who she is going traveling with so we are getting together for pints. Ara I'll be sound in a day or two I guess, it's just a pity because it was such a coincidence we met in the first place and clicked.
    Her aunt was telling my sister about her niece being out in Canada, and my sister came back to me asking a few questions about Canada, and just so happened to mention that she was talking to the aunt who mentioned that she had a niece out here.
    But I'd actually already met her like the night or two before, and the strange thing is, as soon as I had met her, I thought to myself "Jesus, she reminds me so much of (insert Aunts name here)"
    Her aunt is a Shaman and really "in touch" as it were. I'm not mad into that sort of thing personally, but I do listen to her aunt when she says something to me, she usually isn't too far wide of the mark if she says something to me.
    But that's going off into a different tangent altogether.

That sucks man, at least there's a group dynamic to it tonight, I'd prefer that to be honest, were I in your position. Hopefully it will make it easier.

Whatever way you look at it, you're better off for meeting her, it's experience and you'll always have memories etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement