Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

D'Agger wrote: »
    As an IT head this disappoints me on so many different levels :pac:
    I forgot :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Someone please take away this head ache :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You poor thing :(
    Still not better no?

You poor thing :(
    Still not better no?
    A bit but thwarting headache is deadly!

How's your assignment going?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Headaches are no fun.

Trying to get my head around a certain Feedback thread, hmm.

Afternoon.

Pembily wrote: »
    A bit but thwarting headache is deadly!

How's your assignment going?

Which one? :P
    I'll get there eventually...
    Headaches are no fun.

Trying to get my head around a certain Feedback thread, hmm.

Afternoon.

Baffles me how people get that worked up about abusing a drunk spoilt girl. I'm seeing the double standard but ffs two wrongs don't make a right.
    just defending my own kind tbh! :pac:

Yeah, but when you get tipsy you probably always land on your feet or reach for a scratching post. :pac:

I clearly meant the rather than thwarting! Have you many? When are you back to college?

That thread has me totally shocked! I can't believe how people have reacted.

Black is probably right Kitten :p

Just watched Ted, it's funny!

Anyone else having problems with boards logging them out over and over again right now?
    Yeah, but when you get tipsy you probably always land on your feet or reach for a scratching post. :pac:

Ah yeah, but every now and then the claws come out :pac:
    Pembily wrote: »
    I clearly meant the rather than thwarting! Have you many? When are you back to college?

That thread has me totally shocked! I can't believe how people have reacted.

Black is probably right Kitten :p

Just watched Ted, it's funny!

I figured you meant thwarting like getting rid of it tbh!
    I know, I don't get it either. There's no such thing as free speech on a private site anyway!

• Advertisement

'Service Unavailable'? Yeah, I had it a little earlier this evening and again just there now in Television.

Anyone else having problems with boards logging them out over and over again right now?

Ah yeah, but every now and then the claws come out :pac:

I figured you meant thwarting like getting rid of it tbh!
    I know, I don't get it either. There's no such thing as free speech on a private site anyway!
    The site keeps going down for me, not logging out though.

Haha, that's one way to look at it. Headache has eased a bit, thankfully :)

Yeah I'm getting those too, 503 errors all over the shop.

Stop it boards, or I might have to be productive!

Yeah I'm getting those too, 503 errors all over the shop.

Stop it boards, or I might have to be productive!
    Go be productive :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Had a party for herself and her mate at mine last night.
    Woke up to find herself and my housemate in his room.I'm not asking.
    Literally drinking the fcuk out of this one, its sad as fcuk when you think about it. The only people who have a clue about how I feel for this girl are all online!

That's a shame. :( We may be keyboard heads, but we're a community*, too. Chin up. :cool:

*I mean, I'm still waiting to hear when you're announcing you've taken over Canada. :pac:

That's a shame. :( We may be keyboard heads, but we're a community*, too. Chin up. :cool:

*I mean, I'm still waiting to hear when you're announcing you've taken over Canada. :pac:

TBO is bang on - anytime you need to rant we're here. That sucks though man so *internet hugs* going your way.

And TBO, ohh I'm waiting on that day - awec will make a great queen of canada methinks. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Feck sake, awec has already colonised Africa.

awec_logo.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah balls Panthro, that's rough (hugs)

• Advertisement

So I went to a gig for Dogs In Distress a while back...
    Don't even remember them filming, but skip to 1:03 in this and yours truly pops up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You went full hipster kkk, never go full hipster :D

You went full hipster kkk, never go full hipster :D

Hipster, me?
    You don't know me at all! :pac:

Number 5...is alive!

Need input. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Evening all! Hope everyone had a nice weekend :)

Took a three day weekend to go to London on a little jaunt. It was wonderful, but now, I have a great case of the Glenroes. Boo :(

Dying sick, in work waiting until my boss comes in so I can ask to head home, only came in because he was sick last week and not sure if he'll be in today at all....if he isn't....fúck :(

Going to miss training tonight too so not a good start to the week.

Hope you all had good weekends :)

Aw D'Agger no :(

I'm back into college today, 's weird being awake this early!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh no D'Agger, hopefully you can go home back to bed. Look after yourself!

Did everyone enjoy their weekend?

I went out for a bite to eat with a friend last night. The waiter was very tall, dark and handsome *swoon* until he spilled an entire bowl of soup in my lap...yuck! Luckily I was wearing very dark jeans, otherwise it would have looked like I'd had an accident :o I smelled like soup for the rest of the night til I got home to take a shower :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!!

D'Agger - sorry to hear you're sick! I'd say head home either way! Leave a note on your bosses desk and have a co-worker speak up for you!

Camer in today and put on come metallica so I am in a good mood for a change - wonder how long that will last?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dying sick, in work waiting until my boss comes in so I can ask to head home, only came in because he was sick last week and not sure if he'll be in today at all....if he isn't....fúck :(

Going to miss training tonight too so not a good start to the week.

Hope you all had good weekends :)

It takes me until Tuesday to 'get back into work' so you aren't missing too much.

The thoughts of looking for a new job are making me feel rotten.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all..

Jeez, this sickness is doing the rounds of tGc, please don't give it to me :(

Thanks for all the kind words folks :) I'm gone home now anyway so its:

- Tea. Check
    - Sweatpants. Check
    - Xbox. Check

I'll be fine I'd say :D Still annoyed that I'll miss training but how bad, Wednesday will be good :)
    miamee wrote: »
    I went out for a bite to eat with a friend last night. The waiter was very tall, dark and handsome *swoon* until he spilled an entire bowl of soup in my lap...yuck! Luckily I was wearing very dark jeans, otherwise it would have looked like I'd had an accident :o I smelled like soup for the rest of the night til I got home to take a shower :D

If women smelled more like soup the world certainly wouldn't be worse off for it imo :pac:

Hope you enjoyed the meetup with your friend!

It takes me until Tuesday to 'get back into work' so you aren't missing too much.

The thoughts of looking for a new job are making me feel rotten.
    Best of luck with it man, hopefully there's plenty available in your industry :)

Are you starting from scratch or looking to move away from where you are currently if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for all the kind words folks :) I'm gone home now anyway so its:

- Tea. Check
    - Sweatpants. Check
    - Xbox. Check

I'll be fine I'd say :D Still annoyed that I'll miss training but how bad, Wednesday will be good :)

If women smelled more like soup the world certainly wouldn't be worse off for it imo :pac:

Ah no, the pong in the car on the way home was overpowering, I couldn't wait to get the smelly jeans off me :D

I'm glad you're home, it's amazing how much better you can feel just by putting on your pjs/sweatpants and knowing you don't have to be anywhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What kind of soup?

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    What kind of soup?

Smelly, lol. It was miso soup so not too bad I suppose!

And yes I did indeed, we needed a bit of a catch up!

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all..

Jeez, this sickness is doing the rounds of tGc, please don't give it to me :(

Today was the first day in the last two weeks that I didn't wake up with some kind of symptoms. I'm worn out from it. I thought my throat was trying to escape. Good old TCP did it's stinky, stingy trick finally.

Lucky! It happened to me year ago with thick veggie soup. The horror...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

MISO, MISO, FIGHTING IN THE DOJO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Best of luck with it man, hopefully there's plenty available in your industry :)

Are you starting from scratch or looking to move away from where you are currently if you don't mind me asking?

I think SB is a laydee!

cantdecide wrote: »
    Lucky! It happened to me year ago with thick veggie soup. The horror...

Oh God....peeuww! :P

Necronos wrote: »
    I think SB is a laydee!
    This always happens me!

Apologies SB!

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nah, just D'Agger always gets mistaken for a guy. :P

And D'Agger, hope you're using your sick time to play something decent on XBox and clear your backlog.

awec wrote: »
    You always go after guys only to find to your horror that they are in fact ladies?

No that only happened once....Thai people are weird :pac:
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nah, just D'Agger always gets mistaken for a guy. :P

And D'Agger, hope you're using your sick time to play something decent on XBox and clear your backlog.

Bitta Forza was played but contemplating bed for an hour now...still fairly wrecked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Not starting from scratch no. I could get a job no hassle if I moved to Dublin but there isn't many Java dev roles where I am right now unfortunately.

And yes I am a lady :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jayyyysus but I hate Mondays!
    Heading home for a few days Wednesday, I think it's well deserved at this stage. (Just kidding!)
    How are we all? Welcome Stench, you ahh...leave the 50bucks tip to the Mods ya did?

Great to see so many new people posting :)

Home to Ireland Panthro?

How are you feeling now D'agger?

I'm feeling crap again but hoping that sleep will help! I left my kindle at work :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hai there all. Back to the land of electricity.

That's crap that you're stilll feeling crap Pem.

I currently have a coldsore that is taking over half of my face. I think I might be a little run down. 2 strangers commented on it today!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement