Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Evening all. Greetings from Planet Tiredness. I don't mind the morning part of commuting, or the darkness, but public transport is fun...

Anything good on the kindle, Pem? I've just started Life of Pi.

What's the cure for cold sores these days - vitamin C, rub a cat on your head..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm reading Game of Thrones, the first one. Thankfully I have it hard copy :)

Public transport is appalling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Evening all. Greetings from Planet Tiredness. I don't mind the morning part of commuting, or the darkness, but public transport is fun...

What's the cure for cold sores these days - vitamin C, rub a cat on your head..?

Lysine. Bucket loads of it. You'll get it in most pharmacies or health food shops. It really is brilliant :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just watched episode one of series one of Game of Thrones with my friend earlier, I really liked it! The only catch is it's his boxset in his house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I'm staying away from your head :pac:

I'm reading the Hunger Games on mine...never got around to finishing them, love it!
    Also someone linked me to this and now I can't stop singing it :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Lysine. Bucket loads of it. You'll get it in most pharmacies or health food shops. It really is brilliant :)

I can vouch for the magical effects of lysine. Unfortunately Malawi is not big on the health food sector! So bucket loads of acyclovir it is!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all..

Anyone watching TV at the mo, switch over to BBC2 and there is a class programme on Polar Bears.... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Oh, the spy camera one? Brilliant. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Oh, the spy camera one? Brilliant. :D

Dunno, is it that one?

This one he's in a container around a skidoo and the bear comes to check him out. Its class :)

• Advertisement

Polar-Bear---Spy-on-Ice-007.jpg

Dude, the internetz is talking about us again!

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Evening all..

Anyone watching TV at the mo, switch over to BBC2 and there is a class programme on Polar Bears.... :)
    It's times like this that I wish I had a tv! I think polar bears are amazing animals and I'm a tad obsessed with them :o Love watching shows on them!

If I won the lotto I'd go to see them. Trips cost a couple of grand for a few days/a week.

If I won the lotto I'd go to see them. Trips cost a couple of grand for a few days/a week.
    It's my will do trip! Easily 5k for 5days. Would love to go and watch them and penguins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Pembily wrote: »
    It's my will do trip! Easily 5k for 5days. Would love to go and watch them and penguins.

I'm coming with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Polar bears are my favorite animal, they're so cool!

Im still all aches and pains today, awake since half 4 trying to stretch out my back which is in bits. Shouldn't have napped at 5pm for an hour I guess!

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm coming with you.
    I was wondering when you would appear! Have you the word penguins alarmed :p

Morning all, had a great nights sleep thankfully. Feeling a bit better so hopefully on the mend :)

How are you feeling now D'Agger?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

What's better than Christmas presents? January presents to combat the blues. Just got a message that there is a parcel for me. \0/

Morning all. Trying to achieve anything in this university is impossible because noone is EVER in their office!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm reading Game of Thrones, the first one. Thankfully I have it hard copy :)

Public transport is appalling!!

I started reading them last year and I've just started the last book.

I found it awful hard to read the first two because I'd seen the series but they are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Good morning :)
    I'm listening to Hakuna Matata!! :D

I started reading them last year and I've just started the last book.

I found it awful hard to read the first two because I'd seen the series but they are really good.
    I was the same but opposite :pac: I didn't want to read the books as I wasn't too keen on the series, I saw a few episodes but didn't really like it, loving the book though :)
    swapple wrote: »
    Love that song :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!!

I noticed a one direction song was posted in here - that should be a bannable offence imo!

Although it does allow me to post this bit of comedic brilliance:

235362.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Game of Thrones show and books are both awesome,started the last book last night.

The beers may be getting changed back to the 2nd btw,something else has come up that canny be avoided,trying to juggle work commitments,relationship commitments and alcohol abuse is no easy feat,I will post in the beers thread when I know for sure.

Soz.

:embarrassed:

I was the same but opposite :pac: I didn't want to read the books as I wasn't too keen on the series, I saw a few episodes but didn't really like it, loving the book though :)

Just finished book 2 and when I finish "The Beautiful and the Damned" I will start book 3. I have them on my kindle if you want them Pem?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

I'm so happy I finally have a kindle, can finally get stuck into all the books I've been meaning to read but have been too lazy to carry around! :rolleyes:

I'm so happy I finally have a kindle, can finally get stuck into all the books I've been meaning to read but have been too lazy to carry around! :rolleyes:

I can add you to my dropbox although I suspect you have figured out how to acquire all the books you need already!

I'll take a dropbox addy off you if possible Dasies - you may have some stuff I don't and vice versa! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, what a wonderful phrase. Heard the song years before seeing the film.

As for Game of Thrones, I don't want to read the books as I'm enjoying the tv series.

Good logic but I've lost my appetite! Sure sign I'm very sick!!

Thanks BW. How's the jetlag?

Insanely bad!

bluewolf wrote: »
    Insanely bad!
    Is that where you have been hiding?

• Advertisement

No I just flew back last night, stayed up most of the night, just woke up at 16.30 :) work tomorrow :p

bluewolf wrote: »
    No I just flew back last night, stayed up most of the night, just woke up at 16.30 :) work tomorrow :p
    Oh I thought you were home already!

Work tomorrow :eek:

I thought one day to recover would be enough :(

I'm still in college :( Major shock to the system this week!

I'm still in college :( Major shock to the system this week!

I'd love to be back in college.. ahh the memories :D

I'd love to be back in college.. ahh the memories :D

If you wanna swap places with me right now fire ahead, cos I'm still stuck in here!

If you wanna swap places with me right now fire ahead, cos I'm still stuck in here!

I only got out of work at 8.30pm myself.. You sure you wanna swap?? :p

Morning all..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Good morning everyone :)

Hi Paddy!

• Advertisement

Morning all. Sat in a board room this morning for 25mins before someone decided to tell me that the meeting had been rescheduled. :rolleyes:

Daisies wrote: »
    Morning all. Sat in a board room this morning for 25mins before someone decided to tell me that the meeting had been rescheduled. :rolleyes:

I know that feel! On the plus side, could've been 25mins spent working! :)

Morning all, I'm back in work and feeling miles better....training in the cold tonight might change that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

That must be annoying Daisies. Would be raging myself if that happened to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's a Winter wonderland out there! Yay!

cantdecide wrote: »
    It's a Winter wonderland out there! Yay!

Aw really? Only got a bit of frost here this morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

miamee wrote: »
    Aw really? Only got a bit of frost here this morning :(

Maybe I exaggerated a bit! It's frosty but the whole world seems to be glistening and silvery. I went for a walk there and the frosty hillsides were so peaceful. Good form today:)

• Advertisement

Morning all! How are we all today? :)

Morning all! How are we all today? :)

Surrounded by chaos.. *sigh*

But whats new *shrugs* :rolleyes:

Hit me with the IT chaos TP...I'm all ears :)

very ame over here! due to one agro somebody!

spill - what has exploded over your side?

cantdecide wrote: »
    Maybe I exaggerated a bit! It's frosty but the whole world seems to be glistening and silvery. I went for a walk there and the frosty hillsides were so peaceful. Good form today:)

Aha! I'm jealous though, I love walking in the frost and taking a few pics. Hopefully it'll be good and frosty at the weekend, getting all wrapped up to go for a walk in the park sounds great!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement