Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Sup.

It's only taken me like 4 days, but I finally caught up with this thread. I blame Minecraft. That game just eats up the hours. But that's beside the point. Right, *clears throat*

Panthro: Sorry about that girl going travelling. At least you got to know her though. Better to have loved and lost, as they say.

D'Agger and Pem: Get well soon, the pair of yous.

Grames: As much as you want to kill that guy, none of us want to see you become some guy's bitch in Mountjoy.

Nec: Congrats on your pending change of accommodation.

Dasies: D'Agger is right, at least it wasn't work. You got to sit down and chill out for 25 mins. There's your silver lining.

TP: It's because of the chaotic days that you really learn to appreciate the quiet ones.

And finally, hello to new people!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Ya it was annoying but this stuff happens ALL the time. Was very productive after though. Now however is a completely different story. Cannot keep my eyes open. Seriously think I'm going to head home soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

:)/

I'm trying to do a lot of stuff that needs to be done but I need other people to help me and it's not happening and if I could do it for them, I would, but I need their input and it's not happening and it's making me want a cigarette and they're yuck so I don't want one and that's a lie cos they're lovely and I'd love one but I won't.

And breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lucyfur wrote: »
    :)/

I'm trying to do a lot of stuff that needs to be done but I need other people to help me and it's not happening and if I could do it for them, I would, but I need their input and it's not happening and it's making me want a cigarette and they're yuck so I don't want one and that's a lie cos they're lovely and I'd love one but I won't.

And breathe.

Even if want one - you don't need it! I'm off them a year and I was the devil for sneaky work ciggies to avoid work :pac:

Have a stretch and some deep breaths for yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

D'Agger wrote: »
    Even if want one - you don't need it! I'm off them a year and I was the devil for sneaky work ciggies to avoid work :pac:

Have a stretch and some deep breaths for yourself :)

Thank you! You're dead right, I don't need one. I am a strong, confident woman, just like Chandler :D I've had a 10k run and an upper body work out...but it's nearly time for a bath, so that'll take my mind off having one :)

You'd think after nearly 3 years, I'd be over the cravings :rolleyes:

Thank you! You're dead right, I don't need one. I am a strong, confident woman, just like Chandler :D I've had a 10k run and an upper body work out...but it's nearly time for a bath, so that'll take my mind off having one :)

Yeah I started getting them again recently but they're very short bursts, I guess you'll always be attracted to the physical act of just having one rather than just a case of missing nicotine.

Haven't had a bath in quite some time....this weekend perhaps if I have a match which could be the case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I really wasn't finished with cigs until I was about five years in. I always said up until that point that if they invented a consequence free cig, I'd be the first to queue up for it. I'm off them nine years now (bejaysus I'm old) and I still dream occasionally that I've gone back on them:o

cantdecide wrote: »
    I really wasn't finished with cigs until I was about five years in. I always said up until that point that if they invented a consequence free cig, I'd be the first to queue up for it. I'm off them nine years now (bejaysus I'm old) and I still dream occasionally that I've gone back on them:o
    TBH, even if they did, I don't think I'd go back to them. The main thing I've noticed about them is the effect they have on your breath and clothes - I have no idea how I hid the fact that I smoked for so long when I get the stench of them off my mates!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Having been out the past 3 nights, I can't wait to go home, cook dinner and chill in front of the tv for an hour. I might even plug in the Christmas tree lights :pac::pac:

Any nice plans for the rest of you?

miamee wrote: »
    Having been out the past 3 nights, I can't wait to go home, cook dinner and chill in front of the tv for an hour. I might even plug in the Christmas tree lights :pac::pac:

Tree still up after the 6th?? :eek:

Ours is still up too if I'm honest, plain laziness the reason it's still there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

miamee wrote: »

Took mine down on Monday.

My plans include cooking, eating, watching tv and maybe read a bit! Lazy night :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I finally got my Planet Earth episodes to work and just watched two episodes! Love it. My plan involves heating up leftovers and going to bed super early. I have an electrician coming at 7am tomorrow (he suggested 6am first).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

D'Agger wrote: »
    Tree still up after the 6th?? :eek:

Ours is still up too if I'm honest, plain laziness the reason it's still there!

Me too, I just haven't had the time :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cooking dinner for myself and herself,she is in London with work so or will be after 8 before she gets in so I shall have it ready for her,easy way to earn a few brownie points.

Cooking chicken stuffed with Philadelphia,wrapped in Parma ham and oven baked with sweet potatoe fries and a side salad.

Om nom nom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Necronos wrote: »
    Cooking dinner for myself and herself,she is in London with work so or will be after 8 before she gets in so I shall have it ready for her,easy way to earn a few brownie points.

Cooking chicken stuffed with Philadelphia,wrapped in Parma ham and oven baked with sweet potatoe fries and a side salad.

Om nom nom!

Noice. As a very occasional treat, I used to make that with pasta and a creamy mushroom sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Evening guys, how you all doing?

I'm proud of myself. I've been off smokes for 10 days, haven't slipped up. Started back in bootcamp classes on Monday and the sessions I've had have been noticeably easier because my lungs are clearer already (either that or it's psycho-somatic!). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And just because...

"It's a quarter after one
    I'm all alone..."

Yeah, stuck in my head all day so figured may as well use it. :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And just because...

"It's a quarter after one
    I'm all alone..."

Yeah, stuck in my head all day so figured may as well use it. :D

I was about to say it's 20 past one, til I checked the time you posted at. Damn you ruining my pedantry! :p

If any consolation, you can point and laugh at how sad I was to post it at the exact time required

• Advertisement

If any consolation, you can point and laugh at how sad I was to post it at the exact time required

Problem there is, I'd have done the same. :pac: :o

I'm avoiding the temptation to sit up to post lyrics from Goodnight Sweetheart. :)

I heard 2 songs today and thankfully it was Need You Now that got stuck in the head. The other one was One Direction's new song which sounded very like their other one.

I'm avoiding the temptation to sit up to post lyrics from Goodnight Sweetheart. :)

I heard 2 songs today and thankfully it was Need You Now that got stuck in the head. The other one was One Direction's new song which sounded very like their other one.

I currently have Crazy Bitch by Buck Cherry stuck in my head. It's too filth-laden to even attempt to link it here. :pac: Stupid people introducing me to inappropriate and catchy music. :pac:

Daisies wrote: »
    I finally got my Planet Earth episodes to work and just watched two episodes! Love it. My plan involves heating up leftovers and going to bed super early. I have an electrician coming at 7am tomorrow (he suggested 6am first).

Up, showered and dressed by 7am. Did the electrician show up? Did he heck! :mad:

Up, showered and dressed by 7am. Did the electrician show up? Did he heck! :mad:
    So they are as reliable as some here! That sucks... Did he ring or anything?

Pembily wrote: »
    So they are as reliable as some here! That sucks... Did he ring or anything?

Even less reliable. Ring? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Noone ever rings here. They were supposed to come at lunch yesterday (lunch here starts at 11:45 because work starts at 7:30) and he shows up at 1:45 when I was heading back to the office!:mad:

In other news I am listening to The Arcade Fire in the office while grading research proposals and drinking hot chocolate. Things COULD be worse.

• Advertisement

Even less reliable. Ring? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Noone ever rings here. They were supposed to come at lunch yesterday (lunch here starts at 11:45 because work starts at 7:30) and he shows up at 1:45 when I was heading back to the office!:mad:

In other news I am listening to The Arcade Fire in the office while grading research proposals and drinking hot chocolate. Things COULD be worse.
    Aaaannnnndddd tomorrow is FRIDAY :D

Om nom nom!

Niiiiice. My buddy cooked the same chicken dish but with bacon wrapped around it - must mention Parma ham to him and maybe give it a lash myself because it's a tasty dish!

I take it went down well with herself??
    Aaaannnnndddd tomorrow is FRIDAY :D

Damn Straight it is!! :D

Looking forward to the weekend now, have the house to myself so hoping to catch up on cleaning my room properly, watching a few movies, playing a bit of Forza and match then on Sunday - I survived training last night thankfully :)

Om nom nom!

Mmmm that sounds very tasty indeed! Must try something similar :D

Good morning all, how are we today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh Ireland how I've just eaten a full irish
    fatty is back for a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!!

Rory Gallagher marathon in work has me in a good mood! How are we all today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Morning!!!

Afternoon all. I really have to get back into the work mode. I took a 3 hour lunch Mon and Tue, a normal one yesterday and a 2 1/2 hour one today. Woops.

Oh and welcome home Panthro, send over a bit of that fry to me will ya?

Watched an episode of Supernatural this morning, and it happened to be the last in that particular season. And it had completely slipped my mind that on the final episode of every season they play Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas. I was pleasantly surprised, and have been singing it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Supernatural is on my list of things to watch. Wish I had the time to watch them all.

I am having chicken and parma ham cooked for me tonight :)
    Panthro wrote: »
    Oh Ireland how I've just eaten a full irish
    fatty is back for a week!
    Welcome home :D

Afternoon all!

I am having chicken and parma ham cooked for me tonight :)

Chicken AND ham!! Good woman!! None of this Vegetarian Bullsh!t!! eating properly - the way nature intended!!

Chicken AND ham!! Good woman!! None of this Vegetarian Bullsh!t!! eating properly - the way nature intended!!
    And cream cheese!

I had vegetarian curry last night :P

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Watched an episode of Supernatural this morning, and it happened to be the last in that particular season. And it had completely slipped my mind that on the final episode of every season they play Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas. I was pleasantly surprised, and have been singing it since.
    What a tune!

Also, welcome home Panthro buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Afternoon all!

First yoga class this evening,looking forward to it.

Afternoon all!

After noon dude! Tell me this - are you coming to the Rumble party? Or considering it?

uuuurgh! and here I was starting to think you were cool!!

Oh well....... :pac:

• Advertisement

uuuurgh! and here I was starting to think you were cool!!

Oh well....... :pac:
    I am the coolest :cool:

Self praise isn't a character trait of cool people Pem :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Maybe...on 3.14159265 days of the year. :pac:

Afternoon all!

Enjoy that class buddy - bought a mat today to continue doing it & stretching at home. One of my mates is doing bikram yoga at the moment, was hoping to do it this weekend but have to leave it until some other time as I've a match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I am having vegetarian stir fry with lime, ginger, chilli and soy tonight. Can’t wait. Having a bitch of a day week in work :/
    Afternoon all!

Oh, can’t wait to hear how it goes!
    Yes, yes, I am slightly evangelical about yoga. And I care not! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Root of ginger? :cool:

Supernatural is on my list of things to watch. Wish I had the time to watch them all.

It's good. I still have 2 seasons to watch, I think.

Also, when did yoga get to be such a big thing? I know it's been around a long time, but more and more people seem to be talking about it recently.

Going to view a house to rent this evening with a friend *so excited*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Root of ginger? :cool:
    Always! I like to have garlic, ginger and lemon/ lime (ideally both) in the house at all times. I panic otherwise :o
    Kev.OC wrote: »
    Also, when did yoga get to be such a big thing? I know it's been around a long time, but more and more people seem to be talking about it recently.
    Honestly, about ten years ago. I’ve been doing it for six, and it was quite popular back then.

Exciting, miamee! Fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The awkward moment when you realize you've put on a stone weight since September. Ohhh dear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement