Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I expected the "But Phelps got his revenge in the 200 metres event" line to be followed by something like "as he pissed in the pool too" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's pointless if you don't blast it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Its unreal how dumb he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Now the womens 100 metres.

This will be very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I thinking there's an irish person in the race because of the flag with the same colours. And then I realise it's Ivory Coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I thinking there's an irish person in the race because of the flag with the same colours. And then I realise it's Ivory Coast.

I thought it may have been a dyslexic Irish person.

It's amazing Flo Jo's record has stood for so long.

That has been happening to me, we should lodge a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Well done Farah. He's some man for one man. He also bet The Cube for charity!
    Bahahaha that only heightens him in my estimation! What an impossible game show :p

The women's 100m was closer than I expected. Not surprised Fraser one it though, she was awesome in her semi-final earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Did the Irish commentator say "Nigeria 1 and 3" just after the race finished? :confused:

Colmustard wrote: »

Yeah, I'm sick of those fat cats in the IOC messing with our flags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

GB v South Korea going to penalties.

BBC3 NOW.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Well done Farah. He's some man for one man. He also bet The Cube for charity!
    The mobot beats everything he faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

When did they do the medal ceremony ??

S'ok, think someone in crowd gave Mo that medal lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

aah, penalties or athletics??? Shyte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

I wouldnt support or cheer England in any team event(football,rugby etc) but i have a great deal of respect and admiration for all these athletes,cyclists who put their bodies through hell to achieve their goals.

tonight is all about GB and the medals they have won.

ps i fecking missed the womens 100m sprint because i was rewatching the last lap of the 10,000metres

Ahh Jess come here and I will comfort you. she really has model looks and she seems so down to Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Beautiful run from Farah, pure class. Pryce stormed it in the womens 100m, my money was on Jeter or Madison but Pryce just rocked it. Actually feeling proud to be a Londoner - great Olympics so far, fantastic to watch.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

phasers wrote: »
    aah, penalties or athletics??? Shyte!

Record one, watch one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Colmustard wrote: »

They should change their colours or even just one of the colours. It's just the same really. I never noticed that having the green side on the left with the orange on the right was the actual irish flag. I didn't think it made a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I was just looking back at 10,000 metre mens stats. Farah and the American are the first winners of any medal by non Africans since 1988 and the American is the only white man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

keith16 wrote: »
    It's amazing Flo Jo's record has stood for so long.

Not that amazing, she cheated her hole off for years.:mad:

In fact, most world records from the 80s should be now scrapped considering all the drug cheats from the old eastern bloc. Look at the throwing events, the discus, hammer, shot put etc. All these records are from the mid to late 80s for both males and females.

Was watching the female discus earlier...the winning throw was a full 10 metres behind the distance set by some east German "woman" back in 1985!!!

I love watching the Olympics mainly to see if new records will be set. Not gonna happen in the majority of track and field events.

FFS, what's the point like? :mad:

They should change their colours or even just one of the colours. It's just the same really. I never noticed that having the green side on the left with the orange on the right was the actual irish flag. I didn't think it made a difference.

Oh yes, Green side to the mast! Now you know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

oooooo penalties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

"I think that's what it is. It's finals and it's medals and that's what it's about." -rte analysis.
    Jamaica has some serious running talent. 1st in the womens hundred meters. Jeter seemed likely to win but came in second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

telekon wrote: »

In fact, most world records from the 80s should be now scrapped considering all the drug cheats from the old eastern bloc. Look at the throwing events, the discus, hammer, shot put etc. All these records are from the mid to late 80s for both males and females.

Was watching the female discus earlier...the winning throw was a full 10 metres behind the distance set by some east German "woman" back in 1985!!!

I love watching the Olympics mainly to see if new records will be set. Not gonna happen in the majority of track and field events.

I'm old enough to remember seeing Jarmila Kratochvilova, Marita Koch et al on TV. Their records still stand 20 odd years on.

• Advertisement

I'm old enough to remember seeing Jarmila Kratochvilova, Marita Kock et al on TV. Their records still stand 20 odd years on.

Yup, old Jarmila was amazing alright. Came from nowhere at the age of 32 to set records left right and centre, Michelle Smith de Bruin style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Come on south korea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Don't forget the shemales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

pithater1 wrote: »
    Fantastic run, thought he went off to soon but there you go, amazing how the African runners seemed to fade off towards the end.

except Mohamed Farah that is!

the GB goalie is a bit of alright!

This shootout could go on forever, they're really evenly matched imo

• Advertisement

Most of those questions seemed to be absolutely idiotic in themselves though.

Don't forget the shemales!

I didn't. :p

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Come on south korea
    Boo. Down with that sort of thing

fionnsda wrote: »
    He's British...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

If you need to piss in the pool, urine trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Guys, time to put your TVs on mute. God save the Queen will be playing three times! :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Boo. Down with that sort of thing

Careful now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Some fairly high quality pennos so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

uh-oh... :o

He's British...

born somalia!

• Advertisement

****ing sturridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Were you trying to make a funny there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

S. Korea win on penalties.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I didn't. :p

It's importatn they get their dues.

Anyone know what the deal is with Victor Costello on RTE? Is he a sports editor of a national paper, or what was the reasoning behind him being on to talk about the athletics?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Was wondering how long it'd take for someone to post that.

Strange to get a warning for that comment, Mods gone mad!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

In Dublin tomorrow for the football. Anyone know of anywhere, roughly on the route between Heuston station and Croke park, that might be showing the womens marathon?

out you go brits Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

pithater1 wrote: »
    Some fairly high quality pennos so far.

Till Sturrage anyway, thought it would have been one of the Welsh lads to miss one.

I won't watch the Olympic mens football I don't regard it as an Olympic event, women's yes because they are all amateurs, I have the same attitude to the tennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

He's British...

born somalia!

Ronan O'Gara was born in San Diego, I doubt the US will be making a claim for him anytime soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement