Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

crowd really getting behind Murray..

Murray wants it more so he'll probably win this. If it was a Slam I've no doubt that Fed would win.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

irish-stew wrote: »
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Fight on now to determine katies first opponent

COM ON RTE. GET IT ON THE SCREEN!!!!!

[SIZE="1"]
    I know they're showing it at 3.30 but it an't the same.[/SIZE]

Edit: Murray has just broke Federers serve.

:D

I was getting pissed that they weren't showing it. Talking heads going on about show jumping. Argh. No internet for me for half an hour.
    Anyway, go Murray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is it the winner of the fight thats on at the minute between the Brit and the American (Jonas & Underwood) that Taylor fights? Are we leaving out spoilers for those unfortunate to have to watch the Olympics on RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

el diablo wrote: »
    I agree. It's a bit strange that at least half our athletes are claiming to be either carrying injuries or having "gastro" problems.

Are they carrying injuries/sick or are they bottling it and making up excuses?

Just seems strange that so many Irish athletes are getting ill or injured....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is it the winner of the fight thats on at the minute between the Brit and the American (Jonas & Underwood) that Taylor fights? Are we leaving out spoilers for those unfortunate to have to watch the Olympics on RTE?

Yes it is. RTE in their ultimate wisdom are not showing it until 3.30. Already have the Tennis Final on one stream, wouldn't like to see my internet bill if I opened another.

Thankfully this evening and all day tomorrow I will have BBC and the Red Button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Murray takes the first. Some atmosphere on centre court..!

More that likely some of them have choked on the big occasion and are using illness as an excuse. I won't mention any names though. :)

6 games in a row for Murray. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

6 games in a row for Murray. :)
    Looking very good for him now.

Get this match over quickly to save some energy for the next one straight afterwards in the doubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Is this the best of 3 sets or 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

pithater1 wrote: »
    Is this the best of 3 sets or 5?

Best of 5

Best of 5

Thats got to count against Murray for his doubles final, when is that due to kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Does anyone know who got the bronze in the mens tennis?

Thats got to count against Murray for his doubles final, when is that due to kick off?

Already has. Murray is a set to love up. Leading the second set 2 games to love.

Already has. Murray is a set to love up. Leading the second set 2 games to love.

Sorry, did you mean the Doubles or the singles.

:o

No I meant his mixed doubles final? He's in two finals today. Surely it isn't on straight after his match with Fed.

No I meant his mixed doubles final? He's in two finals today. Surely it isn't on straight after his match with Fed.

Its schulded to anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

worried by the fact the judges gave the british fighter an 8 point victory over underwood in a fight that most pundits said was even and too close to call

katie may well have to overcome the hometown judging bias to beat jonas, a tough task

murray just won a key game in the second set after multiple deuces, well on his way to going two sets up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure if they have had the mens doubles yet, they hopefully have that scheduled next before Murray is on again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

robinph wrote: »
    Not sure if they have had the mens doubles yet, they hopefully have that scheduled next before Murray is on again.

Mens doubles played yesterday

cgpg5 wrote: »
    robinph wrote: »

Mens doubles played yesterday
    Then he'll just have standing on the podium in between then. Not much of a rest period. Laura Robson is in the players family area behind Murrays mum.

Great play from Murray.

I really hope he wins this. If he ended up losing it could kill him for the doubles (even more than he already will be anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Even if all injuries / sickness are genuine, it reflects very poorly on Irish team management. It seems amateurish to have such a high proportion of the team injured or ill....team coaches / doctors / physios must take most of the blame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You'd have thought someone would have considered the likelihood of a player being in both finals wouldn't you?

mike65 wrote: »
    You'd have thought someone would have considered the likelihood of a player being in both finals wouldn't you?

Surely it wouldnt be a huge issue to have the doubles on the Monday?

Say doubles on Saturday, mens and womens finals on Sunday the mixed double son Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Best of 5

They may not need 5 sets the way things are going here. Murray 5-0 up in the second set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Well, like many, the organisers probably thought that Venus Williams would have won the mixed doubles on her own.

To be fair, I'd say they were almost certain of it being a Fed-Djoc final.

Federer wins a game :eek:

Hopefully his last

It's a pity Federer isnt in the mixed doubles final too. Would have been great craic to watch the 2 of them standing at the back of the court nackered, letting the 2 women fight it out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Del Potro bawling his eyes out after he won bronze. Hope that disproves the myth that the Olympics means nothing to professional athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

Wimmin boxers :eek: God they look rough, methinks our Katie is a rose among nettles ;)

Wimmin boxers :eek: God they look rough, methinks our Katie is a rose among nettles ;)

It took me a while to figure out I was watching female boxers. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What time is Katie Taylor supposed to be on?

2 30 tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

There is a great badminton game on.

Tomorrow afternoon at some stage

The Chinese athlete has retained his Olympic title. I was reading that that guy is regarded as a God in China. 1.3 billion watched the Beijing final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Lets hope katie doesnt have a close fight against the british girl after the horrible decision the judges made in favour of the home team in the other mens match.

surprised bbc HD are showing a repeat of the badminton final instead of the tennis final.
    forget that, didnt even see bbc1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

They have the women livestream of the weightlifting 75kg.
    I don't know how they do it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The women's boxing was way more entertaining for me. They really tore into each other. Can't wait for tomorrow.
    Back to the tennis, Murray is such a likeable guy. The crowd are being amazing. Less reserved than at the Wimbledon final obviously, although great there too.

And the velodrome is on.:):)

C'mon Andy. Break him.

Get in.

Outside the Tennis and Athletics, what are GB's other medal hopes tody? Pendleton is one , yeah?

Wish I had put some money on Murray, one of the bets I was considering has already come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Murray breaks in the third set, leading 3-2. Crucial that he holds serve and wrap this up early so I can watch the cycling

Outside the Tennis and Athletics, what are GB's other medal hopes tody? Pendleton is one , yeah?

They have a girl running tonight too, I think 400m who is defending champion afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Shryke wrote: »
    The women's boxing was way more entertaining for me. They really tore into each other. Can't wait for tomorrow.
    Back to the tennis, Murray is such a likeable guy. The crowd are being amazing. Less reserved than at the Wimbledon final obviously, although great there too.

I would be depressed at the wimbledon final too when I realised I just paid over 3grand on my ticket.

How much is an Olympic ticket?

• Advertisement

Roger is a broken man, he should have challenged there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement