Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Wow that was a time. 9.82 may get a bronze. Powell might get a bad lane draw for not finishing in the top 2.

Every lane's the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

1500 has and always be my favourite race in the Olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

As long as Gatlin doesn't win I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

The buttocks on Denise Lewis. Noice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

What the odds that Bolt breaks the WR while doing a cartwheel as he crosses the line? :D

maybe he could do "the worm" and still win it:D

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/04/clip-of-the-morning-sprinter-makes-up-for-faceplant-at-the-finish-line-by-doing-the-worm-video

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Predalien wrote: »

Will be very unimpressed if he gets any kind of medal. He shouldn't be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Predalien wrote: »

He better not even medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Distance runners - flurescent yellow runners - dafaq is that all about... Noticed it in the 10k last night as well and in the 1500m now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Is Bolt in the 200m and 4x100 relay this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Distance runners - flurescent yellow runners - dafaq is that all about... Noticed it in the 10k last night as well and in the 1500m now

So that you notice them and then wonder why are they wearing fluorescent shoes.

It's advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

robinph wrote: »
    Will be very unimpressed if he gets any kind of medal. He shouldn't be there.
    titan18 wrote: »
    He better not even medal

Guys, the people you should be pissed are those who uphold the laws, he served his ban and has returned - its not his fault that it was only four years. Yes he cheated, but he was punished.

johnmcdnl wrote: »

So that you notice them and then wonder why are they wearing fluorescent shoes.

It's advertising.
    Hammer throwers at it too... Advertising has got me.. Ima get me some yellow runners first thing in the morning :pac:

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Is Bolt in the 200m and 4x100 relay this year

There were rumors of the 4x400m as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Shryke wrote: »
    Bolt is irritating me a bit. Always miming for the camera and pulling faces. I wouldn't mind him bottling it for the humble pie, although I doubt it.

Don't be irritated, Bolt is a class act in the same way that Muhammad Ali was. Bolt has run the fastest 100m ever, in the same way as Ali was the greatest ever heavyweight boxer. To many Ali was also irritating with his brovado and his silly playing to the camera (but he nearly always backed it up) and dare I say Bolt can back up his brovado too > with the fastest time in the history of mankind . . .

Bolt looks V good in the heats, lookin 4ward to 9:55pm tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

I would kiss Bill O'Herlihy's arse to be in that crowd tonight to watch Bolt, Blake et al.

• Advertisement

Guys, the people you should be pissed are those who uphold the laws, he served his ban and has returned - its not his fault that it was only four years. Yes he cheated, but he was punished.

Was a very bad decision when the BOA stance of having permanent bans was overruled.

Was a very bad decision when the BOA stance of having permanent bans was overruled.

The BOA's stance wouldn't affect Gatlin.

Of course, I'm also pissed at those people. Gatlin is still running the same times he was running when he got banned though, and has still cheated himself to being an Olympic Gold medalist

Re the 100 Metres > Where is Lemaitre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

On RTE they did some Olympics look-alike thing with all the atheletes. Anyone know where I can find it or what its called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nevin up in just over 15 minutes.

Come on John Joe!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

LordSutch wrote: »
    Re the 100 Metres > Where is Lemaitre?

Think he decided to focus on the 200m

Pherekydes wrote: »
    The BOA's stance wouldn't affect Gatlin.

No, but it should have been the IOC/ IAAF coming into line with them, not the other way round.

LordSutch wrote: »
    [SIZE="4"]Re the 100 Metres > Where is Lemaitre? [/SIZE]
    Saving himself for the 200m I think?

No, but it should have been the IOC/ IAAF coming into line with them, not the other way round.

Haha. British Imperialism at its best.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Haha. British Imperialism at its best.

What has imperialism got to do with it?

Drug cheats should get life bans.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Think he decided to focus on the 200m

Wise move, this 100m field is too hot to handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Will Nevin win tonight? I think this Mexican will beat him.

We'll win two medals tomorrow though. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the Americans were as tough on drugs cheats as the British are there wouldn't any cheating to speak of as the IOC would row in behind them (their money)

el diablo wrote: »
    Will Nevin win tonight? I think this Mexican will beat him.

We'll win two medals tomorrow though. :)
    I think the Mexican will have too much for him, hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

C'mon now John Joe burst him, he called your ma a knacker.

Fucking breaks on RTE would drive you mad. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE........

mike65 wrote: »
    If the Americans were as tough on drugs cheats as the British are there wouldn't any cheating to speak of as the IOC would row in behind them (their money)

Dwain Chambers just raced for Britain. If the British were tough, they wouldn't be racing him or employing doctors/coaches with dodgy histories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

When are the 200m on?

Bernard Dunne is such a cool guy.

Also, where in the name of God did Kenny get that jacket?

Haha I love it "he has to hurt him, tell him "everytime you come forward you're gonna get a bang of that"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Kenny Egan's jacket :o

flyswatter wrote: »
    When are the 200m on?

Semis are on Tuesday. I have tickets. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mike65 wrote: »

Dwain Chambers just raced for Britain. If the British were tough, they wouldn't be racing him or employing doctors/coaches with dodgy histories

They handed him a lifetime Olympic ban which the CAS overturned.

Semis are on Tuesday. I have tickets. :D
    How much were they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

JONJO 1/2 on Betfair.

marco_polo wrote: »
    They handed him a lifetime Olympic ban which the CAS overturned.

Yet, they still selected him. If you were that against it, you can select someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

G'wan John Joe!

They were made to pick him and there was legal cases going on until around the time of the UK trials to try and keep Chambers, a road cyclist whos name I've just forgotten and a hammer thrower out of the Olympics. Chambers won the trials so he got a place as that was the BoA rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

come on John Joe slap the sh1te outta him

C'mon John Joe.. ya can take this lad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think tonight and possibly the world champs next year will be Bolts last chance at breaking the WR. I know hes only 26 but he is starting to get injuries and probably wont be as fast again.

After that we are just going to have to wait for the next freak of nature to come along and smash Bolts time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

If John Joe wins this he is garunteed a medal right?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Good luck to John Joe Nevin. Really really hope he wins this fight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement