Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

unlucky colin jackson :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Me and my sister were sitting there like 'He's behind...he's not going to win...ohhhhhhhkay he is'
    Some man for one man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

It's a shame Powell pulled up....everyone would have been sub 10 seconds had he finished. Which is pretty bloody amazing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Was one of these guys found to be clean at one stage. :pac::pac:
    Joking.

Out of the top 3, Bolt is the only one not to have been banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blake looks a titch besides Bolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

he is 1.96 metres or 6 feet 5 inches, that is a big man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Unreal from Bolt!!! I love him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I would have beaten Powell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Bolt is unreal.
    Does he still eat chicken nuggets before he competes??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Sensational from Bolt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

He ran under 12 seconds, so no, you wouldnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

no you wouldn't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

You did see that he pulled up right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The name Bolt definitely suits him, that was great to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

LULZ at Justin Gatlin doing the catwalk bit before the race. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Dean09 wrote: »
    Bolt is unreal.

Lol. I'm sure he'll keep picking up the paycheque from McDonalds either way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Dean09 wrote: »
    Bolt is unreal.

Two branches of McDonalds within 100m of the stadium, so probably.

I agree with colin jackson, olympic record but no WR, 9.65(ish)

Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Bolt, what a legend! How could anyone doubt him!

Feel sorry for Gay listening to him there, pity he didn't get the bronze ahead of Gatlin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Caching :D:D Good man Bolt you've made my wallet 25% happier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

You did see that he pulled up right?
    Still finished 11.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

He pulled up, limped in, and you still wouldn't have beaten him!!

Even the very worst competitors in the Olympics are better than you, sorry to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't get the whole buzz about the 100Ms tbh. Why is it the biggest and most prestigious gold medal in the Olympics? It's not even overly exciting in my opinion. In the real world, if you ever needed to run 100M very quickly it wouldn't really matter if you were 2/100s of a second later in doing it. The 10,000M should be the more prestigious race, again just imo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Really disappointed that bronze is not going around tyson gays neck instead of Gatlin. Guy was gutted in post race interview. Must be sickening to be beaten by a two time cheat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Is that Loaded by Primal Scream blaring out in the stadium? Bolt, what a beast

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't get the whole buzz about the 100Ms tbh. Why is it the biggest and most prestigious gold medal in the Olympics? It's not even overly exciting in my opinion. In the real world, if you ever needed to run 100M very quickly it wouldn't really matter if you were 2/100s of a second later in doing it. The 10,000M should be the more prestigious race, again just imo.

But most people can't be bothered to wait 30 minutes for a result.

You can't make a mistake in the 100m whereas you could in the 10000m and still win it!

Yeah but in the 10,000M you don't see 4/5 fellas cross the line within half a second of each other!

Is that Loaded by Primal Scream blaring out in the stadium? Bolt, what a beast

Tis indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

robinph wrote: »
    But most people can't be bothered to wait 30 minutes for a result.
    I must admit that is part of the reason I love the 100m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's all about speed! You win 100m you are fastest man in the world, you win 10,000m you are the 'fastest' slow man in the world :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Would agree with you. Prefer the longer races.

He is sound.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Really disappointed that bronze is not going around tyson gays neck instead of Gatlin. Guy was gutted in post race interview. Must be sickening to be beaten by a two time cheat.

In my mind, Gay did win the bronze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I reckon the main reason is Bolt tbh - before he came along I would have thought the 10,000m was the more prestigious race as well. It's just Bolt generates such publicity so therefore the race is more popular perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I want a Jamaican accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Because it's pure and simple competition and it's something everyone can do and knows what it's like.

leahyl wrote: »
    I reckon the main reason is Bolt tbh - before he came along I would have thought the 10,000m was the more prestigious race as well. It's just Bolt generates such publicity so therefore the race is more popular perhaps?

Nope, always been the 100m.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

But if you needed to do 10k better to buy a bike :p.

I do agree though the 10k deserves just as much prestige, wouldn't say more though.

• Advertisement

Loved the pundits reaction again, they should show these things more often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, but at that point why not a marathon? Or an ultra-marathon? They're all different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Best sprinter ever, Olympic legend and top man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

love Colin Jackson's going mad versus Johnson's zero reaction during the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Not a white man to be seen

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80082243&postcount=6967

Brilliant shame about Gatlin though.

Loved the pundits reaction again, they should show these things more often

"Here comes what's his name..."

J. Marston wrote: »
    I want a Jamaican accent.

I barely understood a word that Blake said, wouldn't mind Bolt's accent - would be out of place in Mayo tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

kfallon wrote: »
    ]
    you win 10,000m you are the 'fastest' slow man in the world :P

I thought Forrest Gump was the fastest "slow" man in the world. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Always thought the 1500m was the most prestigious middle/long distance race - the metric mile so to speak.

• Advertisement

When you think about it you are right, I think the 400 metres is the hardest race. Once they hit that last 100 metres you can see there is nothing left in them and they are running on pure will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement