Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I was in the same class in Secondary School as Katie and I still can't believe she's on the big stage. Very proud of her. Fully confident she can take the gold :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Pa Dee wrote: »
    Interesting attitude. You could make the "don't watch it" argument for badger baiting, cock fighting, dog fighting that you do for women beating each other and lads getting off on it

Wait, are you comparing womens boxing to animals fighting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Interesting attitude. You could make the "don't watch it" argument for badger baiting, cock fighting, dog fighting that you do for women beating each other and lads getting off on it

They're not being forced to fight for people's entertainment. They're athletes who put their lives into what they do. Would ya cop on like!
    Not sure about that. Hadn't her father channelled her down this route since she was 8? Seems an odd route to force your daughter down

By that logic, we shouldn't watch any sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone who has some stupid grudge against anything about Katies fight is either a prick, or begrudging twat or worse still has no clue what they are talking about.

Katie you were immense today and have done the country proud.

Fair play to British fighter for true sportsmanship.

Womens Boxing is rubbish eh? Some Joke that was:pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Jesus. Some crazy double standards being thrown around. Some of the women that get passed of ordinary looking ion here and people cramming themselves over Taylor . She's rough lads and talks like a heavy smoker. A million Irish passports won't change that

What is your problem? She comes across as sweet and dedicated and is a winner, what's not to admire?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Nah we can't have atmosphere at a sporting event, its embarassing sure!

Yup supporting our teams in great voice is an issue it seems. Was the same with the Euros. Pathetic stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Jesus. Some crazy double standards being thrown around. Some of the women that get passed of ordinary looking ion here and people cramming themselves over Taylor . She's rough lads and talks like a heavy smoker. A million Irish passports won't change that .

Getting punched in the face definitely won't change her for the better either

Yeah, but you'd feel safe with Katie. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah they should be berating her instead :rolleyes:

Had a tear in me eye myself at the end. And I couldn't give a fook what you think about that

Had a tear in my eye myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone who has some stupid grudge against anything about Katies fight is either a prick, or begrudging twat or worse still has no clue what they are talking about.

Katie you were immense today and have done the country proud.

Fair play to British fighter for true sportsmanship.

Womens Boxing is rubbish eh? Some Joke that was:pac::pac:

Well said sir, you will forever be welcome round my gaff with views like that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What happens in the boxing if all the rounds are drawn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Jesus. Some crazy double standards being thrown around. Some of the women that get passed of ordinary looking ion here and people cramming themselves over Taylor . She's rough lads and talks like a heavy smoker. A million Irish passports won't change that .

That is truly the most pathetic post I've yet to read on here, congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

keano_afc wrote: »

Countback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

F U Rte Player, F U in the A. Cut out at second round, look like the site crashed.

Legged it down the other end of the building to the gym tv just to catch the result.

Savage stuff.

Not sure about that. Hadn't her father channelled her down this route since she was 8? Seems an odd route to force your daughter down

Nope. Her Dad introduced her to it. He doesn't want her to become professional as he doesn't want her to fight for her life. She chose boxing over football - another sport which she excelled at - because boxing was her first love.

She's not rough at all. Comes down as very down to earth and modest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

keano_afc wrote: »

Whoever throws the must punches wins i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

What the hell does this mean? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Jesus. Some crazy double standards being thrown around. Some of the women that get passed of ordinary looking ion here and people cramming themselves over Taylor . She's rough lads and talks like a heavy smoker. A million Irish passports won't change that

What is your problem? She comes across as sweet and dedicated and is a winner, what's not to admire?
    What part of anything I said is about had anything to do with dedication, admiration or being a winner ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

kfallon wrote: »
    What time is the final due for on Thursday?

According to the London 2012 app Semi-Final Wed at 14.00, Final Thursday at 16.45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Had he? Forced? Check your facts.

She was still playing competitivly for the Irish Football team up until 3-4 years ago, whilst boxing as well which suggests she did have a choice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Jaysus, I've read some ****e on boards before. But this...

Anyway.....

Well done to Katie. Genuine World Class, Once-in-a-Generation, talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

A British gymnasts is in the medals:eek:

I wouldn't have expected that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

What part of anything I said is about had anything to do with dedication, admiration or being a winner ?

You just admitted to being as deep as a paddling pool there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

Nope. Her Dad introduced her to it. He doesn't want her to become professional as he doesn't want her to fight for her life. She chose boxing over football - another sport which she excelled at - because boxing was her first love.
    I would question any fathers parenting skills that introduces their daughter to getting her head smashed

Looking at the fight after Taylor's she seems streets ahead of the opposition..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It's actualy quite an achievement given the standard of some of the competition on this thread today.

C'mon RTE we want an interview with her, I think I'm ready for a good ould fashioned cry! :)

How? People go on about how good looking (or not) loads of athletes are then start saying Taylor is. Just because she's Irish she's automatically a cracker and no one can say otherwise? Reel your neck in.

I would question any fathers parenting skills that introduces their daughter to getting her head smashed

I'd question any father's conception skills who gave birth to you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ah ffs......

• Advertisement

How? People go on about how good looking (or not) loads of athletes are then start saying Taylor is. Just because she's Irish she's automatically a cracker and no one can say otherwise? Reel your neck in.

Who said she was a cracker? She doesn't look like a model but she's pretty, in great shape, and comes across as a total sweetheart. And she's a world class athlete and almost at national hero status.
    If you fail to find anything attractive in there you're dead on the inside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Again but its ok for lads to do it? How about stop being a sexist pig?

I didnt see any heads smashed either.

Yeh teaching your daughter to defend herself is absolutely shocking. Shocking stuff. Call the ISPCC.

I'm sure he'll be calling his own fatherhood into question when she arrives home with an Olympic medal. Terrible terrible man.

:pac:

****ing hell :rolleyes:

This thread has gone to the dogs, I'm out of here, are the mods asleep or what?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Would you be saying this if it was the son getting introduced to boxing? Somehow I doubt it.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

Who said she was a cracker? She doesn't look like a model but she's pretty, in great shape, and comes across as a total sweetheart. And she's a world class athlete and almost at national hero status.
    If you fail to find anything attractive in there you're dead on the inside!
    Again. Being a sweetheart or in great physical shape is nothing to do with what I said

If she was a 135 kg weightlifter would anyone be commenting on her being attractive. I highly sucking doubt it. Proof being how when I said the Chinese one that won the weightlifting yesterday wouldn't be out of place in the men's it got a good few thanks.there wouldn't be anyone saying it if she wssnt Irish. Hence, double standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Originally Posted by Guy:Incognito

Really, I think she is quite a looker and on panels she certainly comes across as very intelligent and it really is about her sporting performance which was obviously world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jesus, have the mods not gotten rid of you yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Semi on Wednesday, Final on Thursday? One days rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You think that's the part of your post people have an issue with?

Anyway, back to the boxing. So its the Tajikistani girl she fights, and she's beaten her before. Looks promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Good job by the boxer from Tajikistan.

****ing hell :rolleyes:

This thread has gone to the dogs, I'm out of here, are the mods asleep or what?????

Did you report the posts?

Again. Being a sweetheart or in great physical shape is nothing to do with what I said

Whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It's a pity the Chinese girl didn't win that other quarter final....I'd enjoy seeing Katie smack one of them down more!

I normally don't as I'd feel like a snitch, but this guy is a special case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Why are you even contemplating this discussion? Brainless, just brainless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Colmustard wrote: »
    A British gymnasts is in the medals:eek:

I wouldn't have expected that.

Guess you weren't following the gymnastics so far, GB already has 3 medals.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement