Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

donfers wrote: »
    i think kenny would have beaten hoy if they were allowed to have two in this competition, the fact that team gb chose kenny says it all - would be interesting to see the contest though

pendleton will take gb to 19 golds

farah should win 20 in the 5,000 metes

and then they have 6 or 7 boxers still going strong, should get 2-3 minimum gold out of that

i am not sure if they have any sailors in contention still, i assume they do
    that will take them to 22-24, have they any other gold possibilities?

they got 19 in beijing and they were over the moon with that, the home olympic bounce should take them near or beyond 25

so cards on the table, will they get more or less than 25 gold medals?

it's a simple question and the olympic couch potato experts can really shine here - what do you think?

Daley would be another decent shout but will most likely get silver but you never know with diving. can't look past that Chinese guy though.

Dai Greene tonight will very likely medal. Unlikely gold though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Outdoors !?!??!?!?

Needs to be indoors in this country come-on.

Also no disrespect to Dundalk but would need to be in Dublin, Galway or Cork to get the numbers such a thing would need.

Ya outdoors just wouldnt make any sense,be some craic on a wet day trying to sprint around that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

robinph wrote: »
    If it wasn't for Phelps getting five hundred golds for swimming fast with a bunch of different strokes then GB would be up with them for second place in the medals table. 16 golds in the swimming is far more dominant in that sport than anything GB have done in the cycling and rowing due to the huge number of events they have in the pool.
    The Americans (along with the Aussies of course) have always been strong inthe swimming events, going back to Mark Spitz in Munich (I think!), if not beyond. Remember the stink they kicked up in Atlanta over Michelle Smith? They don't like being outdone. Probably why they're so successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Ya outdoors just wouldnt make any sense,be some craic on a wet day trying to sprint around that

LOL

But it would be good to watch,

Colmustard wrote: »
    LOL

But it would be good to watch,

Ya maybe it would be sport we would be good at,wet track cycling :D

Kriss Akabusi on the beeb now,gotta love his laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus, some of the girls playing hockey atm are stunning lookin'.

I know ya,fine looking women,great sport ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Netherlands have great looking women.

Great country to visit :D

I know ya,fine looking women,great sport ;)
    Jolly hockey sticks, indeed!

I know how to improve our medal tally.

Ireland needs more black people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Germany and the Netherlands in particular seem to have a disproportionate # of hotties per team

I know how to improve our medal tally.

Ireland needs more black people.

Not sure how Jimmy Magee would feel about that!

Usain Bolt was seen in a nightclub at 4o'clock thus morning with 3 of the Swedish handball team. Love it :D

Usain Bolt was seen in a nightclub at 4o'clock thus morning with 3 of the Swedish handball team. Love it :D

If I was him id be giving a few of the Dutch womens hockey team a call

If I was him id be giving a few of the Dutch womens hockey team a call

Not so sure he would get a game with him as he doesn't qualify on grounds of nationality or gender. But you're right, a call mightn't hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Is that Shane Byrne shot putting for Belarus, could be another medal for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Legend, in every sense of the word. 3am booty call

usainbolt77.jpg

I don't think the GB pole vaulter is good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

She's psyched out. Pressure etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

All the Subway's catching up with her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Too many jalapeños I think...

Yeah I think she is as good as finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

buyer95 wrote: »
    Legend, in every sense of the word. 3am booty call

usainbolt77.jpg

He broke up with his girlfriend recently so that he could "concentrate on the Olympics" - LOL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

keith16 wrote: »
    WumBuster wrote: »
    Mens marathon, Saturday. Have the popcorn ready

Yeah, was gonna say the mens marathon allright. Probably the easiest to target security wise.

Does anyone know if the route is the same as the womens?

I was under the impression that the marathon finished with one lap of the olympic stadium which wasn't the case with the ladies event.
    It's the same route finishing on the Mall. Much better than going into an empty stadium.

Shes gone.

She was really agitated. Poor girl.

Yeah that was rough

She was really agitated. Poor girl.

I think she was over think it, sometimes its best to just do it;

As the presenter said she is young, she will learn from this and will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Pleasantly surprised to read about the Brownlee brothers going in the triathlon tomorrow, possible gold + silver there for GB. They're Number 1 and 2 in the world apparently.

• Advertisement

I think she was over think it, sometimes its best to just do it;

As the presenter said she is young, she will learn from this and will be back.
    Couldn't take the pressure. It's a big stage for a young girl like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

400m final up soon, can Dai Green make it a very good Welsh games? (the principality has as many golds as Australia right now)

Tox56 wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised to read about the Brownlee brothers going in the triathlon tomorrow, possible gold + silver there for GB. They're Number 1 and 2 in the world apparently.

I have nothing but respect for ironman triatletes

I did a sprint triathlon a 750m swim, 20 k cycle and a 5 k run and I was half dead after that, as for my time, everyone else had a stop watch I had a stop calender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

mike65 wrote: »
    400m final up soon, can Dai Green make it a very good Welsh games? (the principality has as many golds as Australia right now)

Read somewhere that Yorkshire have more golds than Australia too.

I have nothing but respect for ironman triatletes

I did a sprint triathlon a 750m swim, 20 k cycle and a 5 k run and I was half dead after that, as for my time, everyone else had a stop watch I had a stop calender.

LOL :D

This should be good.

Go green.

• Advertisement

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Wow disappointing for Greene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

According to the original article on it, that's not what happened at all. They ran into his coach in the canteen, asked could they see him, and the coach told them to go on up. Yohan Blake was there and a few others aswell apparently. They were there for an hour to an hour and a half, and ate McDonalds. Bolt was sober

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/os2012/article15219328.ab

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Bill :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

"Why is it that no Kenyan women have won the 3000m steeplechase and 9 Kenyan men have?"

"That might be due to the fact that it's only been in the Olympics since 2008 Bill" :p

• Advertisement

I have to say Colin Jacksons punditry impresses me, he has a great knowledge of his subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Gerry Kiernans hair deserves its own medal.

I have to say Colin Jacksons punditry impresses me, he has a great knowledge of his subject.
    Take it you didn't see the ''off screen'' shots of him during the 100m final last night then? He was filmed up in the BBC ''pundit's area'' (for want of a better phrase!) during the race and he was like; ''Look at whatsisname!'', and ''Go on big man!''. Granted, he wasn't supposed to be onscreen at the time, and so it was an unscripted, off the cuff moment, but even so. Michael Johnson looked distinctly unimpressed! And Denise looked mighty fine as usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Kaylyn Kyle is so damn hot. Good game of football this is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Whats the deal with that water jump

blueser wrote: »
    Take it you didn't see the ''off screen'' shots of him during the 100m final last night then? He was filmed up in the BBC ''pundit's area'' (for want of a better phrase!) during the race and he was like; ''Look at whatsisname!'', and ''Go on big man!''. Granted, he wasn't supposed to be onscreen at the time, and so it was an unscripted, off the cuff moment, but even so. Michael Johnson looked distinctly unimpressed! And Denise looked mighty fine as usual!

I did, but I like those pictures, I wouldn't be able to contain myself either and I would be screaming the place down.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Jackson and Lewis, albeit easy on the eye, are both annoyingly hyperbolic in their analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Good news for Robert Heffernan the Italian reigning 50km champion has been done for EPO and is suspended for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

WumBuster wrote: »
    Whats the deal with that water jump

They add 4 seconds to your time if you hit the water!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement