Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

God this is a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

**flicks channel*** :p

BBC just reported than the Tri medal ceremony has been delayed as Johnny Brownlee taken off in wheelchair for medical attention :eek:

This is Sonali Shah

http://hcd-1.imgbox.com/adzmUlIT.jpg?st=awLrMlsWTGlFawXScA48Fg&e=1344346242

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ok that was awesome.

Whats up next ?

Our own race.

14.0 seconds me so far.

Edit 13.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Last day of artistic gymnastics coming up in a few minutes. Men's parallel bars, women's beam, men's high bar and women's floor. High bar is really exciting to watch, and beam and floor are always great. Routines to watch out for: Epke Zonderland on high bar, Zou Kai on high bar, Catalina Ponor, Sui Lu and Larisa Iordache on beam and Aly Raisman, Ksenia Afanasyeva, Vanessa Ferrari and Sandra Izbasa on floor. There's only one or two girls under 18 competing today..in before 'they're all 12!!'.

Our own race.

14.0 seconds me so far.

Edit 13.3

Oh damn your edit was just about to wipe your eye with 13.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Our own race.

14.0 seconds me so far.

Edit 13.3

lol 13.6 for me

Who the hell designed the Russian tracksuit!!!! Looks like they robbed it from 84 Olympics

• Advertisement

Oh yes well done Cyprus on finally winning their first medal, Pavlos Kontides single-handed Laser class

As much as i slagged male gymnastsas a child they are something else!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

racso1975 wrote: »
    Who the hell designed the Russian tracksuit!!!! Looks like they robbed it from 84 Olympics

What's his face..Bosco I think is the name. Also designed Ukraine's and Spain's McDonald's uniform.

Our own race.

14.0 seconds me so far.

Edit 13.3

Ha ha 12.7........and muliple finger cramp

Gold for rasco1975!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

chrissie wellington is absolutely stunning discussing the triathlon on the bbc

fit as a fiddle, great body, beautiful smile and as articulate as a playwright, on top of that a bit posh and possibly naughty

she's the type you'd be proud to introduce to the parents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Our own race.

14.0 seconds me so far.

Edit 13.3

Best tip i can give is to take a screwdriver to the down arrow button:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

donfers wrote: »

fit as a fiddle, great body, beautiful smile and as articulate as a playwright, on top of that a bit posh and possibly naughty

I did a sprint triathlon and I did notice how attractive the women triatletes are it kept my mind of the exhaustion as they were flying by me.

I am strongly considering doing another, not to compete but to complete. I could handle the cycle and perhaps half the 5K run now, but I would have to train for the swim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Colmustard wrote: »
    I did a sprint triathlon and I did notice how attractive the women triatletes are it kept my mind of the exhaustion as they were flying by me.

I am strongly considering doing another, not to compete but to complete. I could handle the cycle and perhaps half the 5K run now, but I would have to train for the swim.

if you pace yourself you'd be well able for it, just don't be silly and trying to win the bloody thing

i fall down badly on the swimming side of things, only learned a few years ago

i wonder how hard it is to become an average swimmer and be able to swim a long distance at a slowish pace

Did you train by yourself or in a club ?
    I trained to do one about 11, 12 years back but shagged my knee at the time and never bothered again. I can swim and run (though not swim fit right now) but I dislike cycling if I'm honest - gives me backpain

• Advertisement

Did you train by yourself or in a club ?
    I trained to do one about 11, 12 years back but shagged my knee at the time and never bothered again. I can swim and run (though not swim fit right now) but I dislike cycling if I'm honest - gives me backpain

I trained with my brother who does them on a competitive level, so he gave me all the pointers and thought me how to train for one.

It actually helped me lift myself from a serious depression I had at that time. Its a structure schedule, it also gives you an aim and exercise is a great battler for depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

donfers wrote: »

You can go stalk her in Wheelwork in Clondalkin on the 14th of August at 12:30 signing her book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

do the horses get the medals in this weird event on BBC1? Your man is just sitting there like, the horse is doing a jig or something

I trained with my brother who does them on a competitive level, so he gave me all the pointers and thought me how to train for one.

It actually helped me lift myself from a serious depression I had at that time. Its a structure schedule, it also gives you an aim and exercise is a great battler for depression.

Oh cool. I think if I were going to train for something now a days it would be a marathon - too much equipment etc necessary for triathlon

phasers wrote: »
    do the horses get the medals in this weird event on BBC1? Your man is just sitting there like, the horse is doing a jig or something

Horse is doing the shuffle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Ouch that hurts:mad:

*Puts hand in freezer*

Edit:Down to 12.4 now

Getting close to needing medical help

Ireland 5th in the sailing, but I am lost as to what is going on.

Ireland 5th in the sailing, but I am lost as to what is going on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/irish-olympic-sailing-commentary-video_n_1747853.html

"Not going to win any medals going that way......dickhead" :D

Some van The Viper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Olga Korbut as pundit on the gymnastics. That's pretty cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Another Cameroonian has absconded. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Did they bring in minimum ages for the gymnastics? Somewhere in my head I thought it was 16 - the Chinese girl on the beam there a few mins ago looked about 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

IrishAm wrote: »

He's on his way here as we speak. Better get down to Dublin port and prepare to repel all alighters.

That's 8 now.

All right people I will let you's into a secret.

The Olympic babes are not the cyclists, the hockey teams, the swimmers or the beach volley ballers.

The Olympic babes are in the court volleyball.

You have these slim tall elegant Amazonian beauts, its China and Japan on now who are alright but check out the Cubans, the Brazilians, the Americans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

IrishAm wrote: »

I heard that in the Pole Vault they'll only give them the poles at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I heard that in the Pole Vault they'll only give them the poles at the last minute.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jeez, that Nomova is such a stroppy gymnast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

All right people I will let you's into a secret.

The Olympic babes are not the cyclists, the hockey teams, the swimmers or the beach volley ballers.

The Olympic babes are in the court volleyball.

You have these slim tall elegant Amazonian beauts, its China and Japan on now who are alright but check out the Cubans, the Brazilians, the Americans.

I hear where you are coming from. But I'll see your volleyball beauts, and raise you the Scandinavian women's handball teams.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

steve9859 wrote: »
    I hear where you are coming from. But I'll see your volleyball beauts, and raise you the Scandinavian women's handball teams.....

What about the Shot Putters? :D

Leryn Franco of Paraguay in the Javelin has to be one of hottest athletes at the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

steve9859 wrote: »

London 2012 has stunners from every corner of the globe. These Olympics are basically what Miss Universe would be like if Emily Pankhurst had invented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What about the Shot Putters? :D

Eh? They have no trouble lifting a heavy shot, yet cant pick up a razor.

Ooh the USA gymnast got the bronze for beam after an inquiry into her score. Sickner for the Romanian.

I could look at gymnastics all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Did they bring in minimum ages for the gymnastics? Somewhere in my head I thought it was 16 - the Chinese girl on the beam there a few mins ago looked about 11.

She's 20 apparently.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I see the Americans cant take there beating again, appealed and won:rolleyes:

Oooh the chinese gymnast not happy about her team mate getting the gold instead of her. Frosty!

She's already taken the silver medal off her neck, the minute she walked off the podem.

That female bullet Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce is on later on in the 200m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Larianne wrote: »
    Ooh the USA gymnast got the bronze for beam after an inquiry into her score. Sickner for the Romanian.

I could look at gymnastics all day long.

Well the Romanian did fall off the beam so it wouldn't be fair that she gets a bronze with a fall over a gymnast who stayed on and just had a wobble or two.

I think she was right to inquire. Im glad she got her bronze. She was great on the beam very powerful

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement