Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whos likely to be her opponent in the final? Araujo or Ochigava?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Absolute quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

See her opponent at the end? pretend to stop and give up and then try and throw a sneaky punch like a scumbag would do in a fight. She still missed tho:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

woohoo! Go Katie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

WD Katie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Most people wouldnt have seen anythign beyond a short poolside interview with him while he was competeing.

He isnt retired btw.He just wasnt fast enough to qualify.

He actually did retire in 2006 but in 2011 decided to get back into competitve swimming and see could he qualify for London 2012 - which he did not not but is going to focus on 2013 World Championships instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

F..king Paddywhackery on RTE!

Jimmy Magee talking sh1te and patronising Katie Taylor..."isn't she great? She trains so hard." Doesn't everyone?

Bandwagon merchants all over the arena and in every business in Ireland.

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

Ole Ole. Fields of Athenry. Bullsh1t.

See her old man showboating too? Shouldn't she have a real professional coach at this level? Touch of the Tiger Woods and Andy Murray pushy parent stuff.

She's brilliant and a credit to Ireland. That should be enough. Park the gombeenery.

Well done Katie - You're a class act.

We let ourselves down with the Paddywhackery. Michael Lester applauding. RTE are a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Marty Morrison is nearly having a coronary!

Whos likely to be her opponent in the final? Araujo or Ochigava?
    Ochigava I'd assume. She's the last person to beat Taylor back in 2010. And she beat her well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

"Wonderful Taylor" well said Jimmy

• Advertisement

libra02 wrote: »
    He actually did retire in 2006 but in 2011 decided to get back into competitve swimming and see could he qualify for London 2012 - which he did not not but is going to focus on 2013 World Championships instead.

So he's not retired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

libra02 wrote: »

Awful shame we couldn't see Thorpe at his peak take on Phelps at his peak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm watching it on BBC. Ole Ole coming out on LP next week FFS.

Great support. What's your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What a legend. Bring on the gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

mike65 wrote: »
    Marty Morrison is nearly having a coronary!

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

After the Telegraph callin her British earlier (storm in a tea cup IMO) how many will now flip out over the BBC referring to her as 'Nicola Taylor'

BBC Live Text:

BOXING
    Not much doubt about that decision either. Ireland's Nicola Taylor is into the final of the women's lightweight category, with a 13-6 win. I think the crowd might have enjoyed that... she will now fight for gold against Adriana Araujo of Brazil or Russia's Sofya Ochigava.

Edit: I can see now they've obviously mixed up Nicola Adams with KAtie in the heat of the moment, as they both qualified for finals one after the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jame Gumb wrote: »

Jimmy Magee talking sh1te and patronising Katie Taylor..."isn't she great? She trains so hard." Doesn't everyone?

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

See her old man showboating too? Shouldn't she have a real professional coach at this level? Touch of the Tiger Woods and Andy Murray pushy parent stuff.

She's brilliant and a credit to Ireland. That should be enough. Park the gombeenery.

I think you mean Gumbeenery, no place for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm struggling to hold back the tears here at my desk, fookin' brilliant!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Typically rubbish performance from the RTE website in maintining the feed.

Great site but it just can't deal with that level of traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Class again from Taylor. Her opponent was a nasty disrespectful piece of work.

• Advertisement

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

Jesus will ya give it a rest.
    I can't stand this mentality. Fans were rounded on when they cheered and sang when our footballers were beaten off the park in Poland. Now fans are rounded on for cheering and singing for one of the greatest ever Irish sportsperson.
    So obviously you'd rather the fans sit quietly and create no atmosphere whatsoever.

You should really look before you jump. My problem is McGees nonsense 'commentary' about how it's coming out on album next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Patser wrote: »
    After the Telegraph callin her British earlier (storm in a tea cup IMO) how many will now flip out over the BBC referring to her as 'Nicola Taylor'

BBC Live Text:

BOXING
    Not much doubt about that decision either. Ireland's Nicola Taylor is into the final of the women's lightweight category, with a 13-6 win. I think the crowd might have enjoyed that... she will now fight for gold against Adriana Araujo of Brazil or Russia's Sofya Ochigava.

Edit: I can see now they've obviously mixed up Nicola Adams with KAtie in the heat of the moment, as they both qualified for finals one after the other
    She's just been talked up massively on BBC, as have the Irish fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

BBC Live Text:

BOXINGNot much doubt about that decision either. Ireland's Nicola Taylor is into the final of the women's lightweight category, with a 13-6 win. I think the crowd might have enjoyed that... she will now fight for gold against Adriana Araujo of Brazil or Russia's Sofya Ochigava.

So they get her name and the score wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

BBC Live Text:

BOXING

They're on about Nicola Adams :pac: Eejits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

I'm watching it on BBC. Ole Ole coming out on LP next week FFS.

'Cause it's f..king gombeenery and Paddywhackery.

You know that the bandwagon merchants have arrived when the Ole Ole sh1te starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

LMAO

HAHAHAHA

the bbc presenter just read out this text they got in

"Dear Daily Telegraph, Katie Taylor is Irish....but please feel free to claim Jedward, Ronan Keating and Louis Walsh"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

We let ourselves down with the Paddywhackery. Michael Lester applauding. RTE are a disgrace.

Get over yourself FFS, this country is miserable at the best of times without begrudging people enjoying themselves :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

Gowayoutofit ffs :rolleyes:
    Jesus you'd give an asprin a headache!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Jesus will ya give it a rest.
    I can't stand this mentality. Fans were rounded on when they cheered and sang when our footballers were beaten off the park in Poland. Now fans are rounded on for cheering and singing for one of the greatest ever Irish sportsperson.
    So obviously you'd rather the fans sit quietly and create no atmosphere whatsoever.

just not the Fields of Athenry, I wish that song was never written :'(

You should really look before you jump. My problem is McGees nonsense 'commentary' about how it's coming out on album next week.

Ah, my apologies. I thought you were just talking about the noise from the crowd after you said you were watching it on BBC, as I was myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Delighted. David Cameron in the audience?
    Jimmy was a bit much toward the end. Raving a lot of crap. "if you're watching this on a dvd years from now". Jesus live in the moment Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Jimmy Magee is some craic.

"I asked Lennox Lewis for a comment on Katie Taylor and he summed her up in one sentence: she boxes like a man".:confused:

Katie Taylor is in sat nav. (did he mean cruise control?)

"This young lady from Bray, woman from Bray, or is it lady from Bray, I'm not sure?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Vudgie wrote: »
    Typically rubbish performance from the RTE website in maintining the feed.

Great site but it just can't deal with that level of traffic.

shocking !! all day no problems, then as soon as 2pm hit....AGHH stress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Best thing about RTE's website packing in was that there was no commentary on the Eurosport stream.

Great fight by Taylor. It would be great if she can push on and get the gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Thanks for the link, you would think that the National Broadcaster would have fixed the problems from the last day. if they spent more money on I.T and less on send ing three quarters of their stall to London for the games we could alll enjoy the coverage.

LMAO

HAHAHAHA

the bbc presenter just read out this text they got in

"Dear Daily Telegrpah, Katie Taylor is Irish....but please feel free to clim Jedward, Ronan Keating and Louis Walsh"

It was their pick of the twitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dreddredd

I am off to see the final tomorrow, got tickets for first round of 16 and she got a by so missed her but chanced getting final tickets also . Quite proud sitting here in amongst the brits at the moment.

• Advertisement

"I asked Lennox Lewis for a comment on Katie Taylor and he summed her up in one sentence: she boxes like a man".:confused:

"This young lady from Bray, woman from Bray, or is it lady from Bray, I'm not sure?"
    Poor old Jimbo; he is knocking on a bit, to be fair. And the marbles are bound to start rattling around a bit at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

I smell a troll, Pete Taylor is a great coach, and without him, katie would not be in the olympic final. The support is great, people pay hard earned money to got to see her because they adore her, what is wrong with a bit of patriotism? I think she is great, ofcourse spin it in a way that people getting behind her is a bad thing

Marty " The recession has been cancelled! "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

bbc bloke on tv does the formula 1 mentioned the daily Telegraph and read out the tweet about Britain could claim ronan keating, Jedward , and Louis Walsh lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

Our Football team was a pile of ****e at Euro 2012
    Our Rugby team was ****e Down Under this summer
    The majority of our athletes have been ****e at the Olympics
    ...and the economy is ****e.

The country needs something to cheer for and get behind FFS.

kfallon wrote: »
    Dressage = gay horses :p

Gay horses,, LOL ,,love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

So he's not retired?

Now now no need to be smart.

All I was saying is that he did retire at one point and has only recently decided to re-enter competitive swimming

So lets wrap up the conversation or we be splitting hairs all day.

Aquila wrote: »
    What did her opponent do that was disrespectful?
    A bit of showboating, and waving Taylor onto her. Nothing to get your Ann Summers' in a twist about!

Nothing much. Standing back and a bit of showboating.. not really disrespectful. She knew she hadn't a chance.

Think Prince Naseem when he was top of his game showboating etc, but now trying the same thing when he's fat and without the skills to back him up anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

He should have been let go years ago, he's senile.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement