Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Jimmy Magee is some craic.

"I asked Lennox Lewis for a comment on Katie Taylor and he summed her up in one sentence: she boxes like a man".:confused:

Katie Taylor is in sat nav. (did he mean cruise control?)

"This young lady from Bray, woman from Bray, or is it lady from Bray, I'm not sure?"

Way to miss quote him anyway.

He said the young girl from bray, The young lady from bray, the young woman from bray, I think that covers it all.

Not all women are ladies. Ive never seen a lady playing ladies football but yet then dont call it gentlemens football.

what he meant about the satnav is that all her punches were landing on target.

And Lennox Lewis meant she had the strength and speed of a man in her punches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

I reckon she's the fittest boxer pound for pound in the Olympics. See how she's on her tippy toes the whole time. If you've never done that it's unbelievably draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lyster is having a great time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Very embarrassing stuff from RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Until? ;)

I thought the fight was on at 3, I would have missed it if I wasn't on boards, thank you boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

fullstop wrote: »
    He should have been let go years ago, he's senile.

Tut, how can the memory man be senile !

Katie saying she was a bit dirty inside too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Jake1 wrote: »
    kfallon wrote: »
    Dressage = gay horses :p

Gay horses,, LOL ,,love it :)

Trot, trot....trot in place....YEAH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

garv123 wrote: »
    what he meant about the satnav is that all her punches were landing on target.

I'd say its more likely he meant shes cruising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Dempsey wrote: »

How so? I can't see it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jorah

Had to laugh at that idiot show boating when she was getting beat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Dempsey wrote: »

Shameful Paddywhackery.

Everything they do reflects an inferiority complex.

It's like "look how great we're doing despite the fact that we're gombeen men".

Instead it should be "we are a great nation among equals...well done Katie Taylor".

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Shameful Paddywhackery.

Instead it should be "we are a great nation among equals...well done Katie Taylor".

Ah stop pissing on everyones cornflakes FFS, let people enjoy it for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

I'd say its more likely he meant shes cruising.

Or maybe he actually thought she is in a Sat Nav?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

When's the next match for Katie?

Jorah wrote: »

She was losing by a fair bit on points. Standign toe to toe wont work so maybe giving a go and seeing would Taylor drop her gaurd a bit and trying for a haymaker was worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Shameful Paddywhackery.

Are you still here???

Saying the same nonsense over and over just makes you a bigger fool, not more correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Shameful Paddywhackery.

Will you ever **** off and live somewhere else then before your ****ing misery brings us all down :rolleyes:

Shameful Paddywhackery.

Ah christ, BBC are going mad and going on about how great when they win something. Leave em off and fecking enjoy the bit of success we're having in boxing since its the only thing we'll get medals at.

Daith wrote: »
    When's the next match for Katie?

4.45 tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Garv, repeatedly saying she boxes like a man through the match with no context is poor commentating, which is what we got.
    There's nothing to defend it was just poor.

Woo Katie! What time is the Russian fighting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Shameful Paddywhackery.

Last time i checked we didnt have the same population as America or China. Sounds like you're the one projecting the inferiority complex

Or maybe he actually thought she is in a Sat Nav?

It's possible he has her voice on his sat nav alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Jorah wrote: »
    Couldn't blame her really, to be honest. She knew she was behind, so she tried to goad Taylor onto her (hopefully with no defence). A bit obvious, and Taylor knew better.

Shryke wrote: »
    Garv, repeatedly saying she boxes like a man through the match with no context is poor commentating, which is what we got.

On now,well its probably over dunno if RTE will show it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You think RTE would actually show the other fight live rather than discussing the opponent she might face

Shryke wrote: »

Now, 4 points up going into final round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What an atmosphere in the boxing arena. What an inspirational hero we have in Katie. Fair play girl, the whole country loves you at this stage. Good to hear hordes of Irish supporters singing Fields of Athenry in a positive sporting occasion. Bring home the gold now

Commentators not happy witht the scoring in the other semi. Maybe its not hometown judgign afterall and just bad judgeing?

RTE not showing it I see. Surely the fight to see who Taylor will face in the final is of interest?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jaysus the Brazilian should be closer to Ochigava, if not level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Aquila wrote: »
    What did her opponent do that was disrespectful?

Nothing, people are just looking for something to get irate about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

F..king Paddywhackery on RTE!

Jimmy Magee talking sh1te and patronising Katie Taylor..."isn't she great? She trains so hard." Doesn't everyone?

Bandwagon merchants all over the arena and in every business in Ireland.

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

Ole Ole. Fields of Athenry. Bullsh1t.

See her old man showboating too? Shouldn't she have a real professional coach at this level? Touch of the Tiger Woods and Andy Murray pushy parent stuff.

She's brilliant and a credit to Ireland. That should be enough. Park the gombeenery.

Well done Katie - You're a class act.

We let ourselves down with the Paddywhackery. Michael Lester applauding. RTE are a disgrace.
    Shameful Paddywhackery.

Mod:
    Do not post here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Way To Go Katie !!!!!

Commentators not happy witht the scoring in the other semi. Maybe its not hometown judgign afterall and just bad judgeing?

RTE not showing it I see. Surely the fight to see who Taylor will face in the final is of interest?

They'll show it now, it was on literally 5 minutes after Katies fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Can anyone explain how the showjumping final is scored?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Brazilian name - Araujo, Lyster pronunciation - Ajagugu

Ochigava took it handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Fanatastic for Katie but with her big match tomorrow now, shouldn't the focus be switching to Cian O'Connor chasing a medal very, very soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Ochigava won 17-11

• Advertisement

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    They'll show it now, it was on literally 5 minutes after Katies fight

ANyone interested will have been looking for the result and will already know.Was whatever they were talkign about that important it couldnt wait?
    Most probably just watched it livve on BBC.

Ahem, I said that on this thread a while ago, but was told in a round about way that I don't understand how Olympic is scored. But yet when professional commentators say it, oh yeah, lets agree with them. :)

RTE are showing the other fight now.

F..king Paddywhackery on RTE!

Jimmy Magee talking sh1te and patronising Katie Taylor..."isn't she great? She trains so hard." Doesn't everyone?

Bandwagon merchants all over the arena and in every business in Ireland.

F..king gombeenery.

F..king Paddywhackery.

Ole Ole. Fields of Athenry. Bullsh1t.

See her old man showboating too? Shouldn't she have a real professional coach at this level? Touch of the Tiger Woods and Andy Murray pushy parent stuff.

She's brilliant and a credit to Ireland. That should be enough. Park the gombeenery.

Well done Katie - You're a class act.

We let ourselves down with the Paddywhackery. Michael Lester applauding. RTE are a disgrace.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ahem, I said that on this thread a while ago, but was told in a round about way that I don't understand how Olympic is scored. But yet when professional commentators say it, oh yeah, lets agree with them. :).

I never entered that particular debate. :)

RTE are showing the other fight now.

Iv'e seen it and already moved on :-) More live fights on now. Frantic start to the USA - KAZ fight.

Patser wrote: »
    shouldn't the focus be switching to Cian O'Connor chasing a medal very, very soon

As long as his horse doesn't go chasing dragons at the same time.

ANyone interested will have been looking for the result and will already know.Was whatever they were talkign about that important it couldnt wait?
    Most probably just watched it livve on BBC.

I preferred watching Katie being interviewed before watching the other semi. It's not really a big deal that RTE are only showing it now

• Advertisement

As long as his horse doesn't go chasing dragons at the same time.

Horse has head phones on listening to Bob Marley :) We're Jamming.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Colmustard wrote: »
    It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

lol I read that the way Cartman said it in Southpark ;)

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I preferred watching Katie being interviewed before watching the other semi. It's not really a big deal that RTE are only showing it now

BBC interviewed her after she got out of the ring.

Jesus, these trainers need to learn how to tie laces, that two fights in a row. Whats wrong with a nice bit of velcro. :)

Patser wrote: »
    Fashouldn't the focus be switching to Cian O'Connor chasing a medal very, very soon

Theres talking to be done. :)

I am normally a fan of RTE sport, I think normally that, their current affair and news is worth the licence fee. But the Olympic coverage is woeful.

They have to pay for the live feeds so I suspect they may have blown their sport budget on the Euro Cup.

I should really complain as I am only watching the games on the BeeB.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement