Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ginormous applause in the full stadium for GB bronze medallist in the men's high jump. The stadium looks amazing in the evening sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Wimmins hockey semi final between Britain and Argentina will I'm sure be well contested in a fair fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    When will this people talking like they're in Father Ted thing ever end? 10 years? 20 years? Sigh...

It will get a new lease of life now that the Hollywood remake is in the works. Rumor mill is saying George Clooney as Fr Ted, Ben Stiller as Dougal, Jack Nicholson as Fr Jack, and Scarlett Johansson as Mrs Doyle. Sarah Jessica Parker strongly tipped for the supporting role as The Lovely Horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

el diablo wrote: »
    What (or where) is Sneem?

Sneem Co Kerry

China v Brazil in women's beach volleyball at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

snubbleste wrote: »
    China v Brazil in women's beach volleyball at the minute

What side is it on?

Ok.... BBC3.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

quick go to bbc1 and look at the veins on the arms of the female presenter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What side is it on?

The backside.

What side is it on? Ok.... BBC3.

Yeah BBC3.
    Prince Harry is there no doubt to admire the athletic skill and passion of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The darling of Boards.ie Laura Trott has been spotted at the beach volleyball with Prince Harry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Bit of gamesmanship from Ochigava:
    She is one of the best, but she is just another boxer. In my opinion Natasha Jonas won the first two rounds against her, but the judges didn't see it that way. "When you fight Katie you are already minus 10 points. You are fighting the judges and the whole system and they will try to give her too many points
    Bit rich of her commenting on judging bias after seeing her fight today. The Brazilian can consider herself unlucky not to have at least been level going into the last round.

SNAP :D
    She may be Princess Trott soon..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Millions of flying ants invading the staduim.

in what event

There's just over a million outside my backdoor alone Jonjo. I'm trying to figure out a way to make a profit from them. Flying ant burgers?

• Advertisement

delad wrote: »
    in what event

If they let them in th ehigh jump I'm writign a strongly worded letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The darling of Boards.ie Laura Trott has been spotted at the beach volleyball with Prince Harry
    As that bloody Churchill dog would say;

''Oh yesh!''

Bit of gamesmanship from Ochigava:

Bit rich of her commenting on judging bias after seeing her fight today. The Brazilian can consider herself unlucky not to have at least been level going into the last round.

Surely saying the sport is rigged is bringing it into disrepute and she should therefore be disqualified and the gold should go to Katie now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Beach Volleyball is boring once you get enough of the perving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

How big is aries arse!

• Advertisement

apparently Ochigava also said: "Ireland is in a financial crisis because they've spent all their money on (Katie) Taylor's referees"

How can she be allowed to make comments like this saying the judges are corrupt? Is there no disciplinary board who looks into such comments?

She could do better he is only a soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Awful shame we couldn't see Thorpe at his peak take on Phelps at his peak!
    Thorpe was an outstanding freestyle swimmer -IMO better than Phelps in that regard. Phelps probably the greatest butterfly swimmer ever and very good all-round at the other strokes. In medley I think Phelps would have the advantage.

However Thorpe with his superior freestyle makes him the better swimmer in my eyes.

Freestyle > All other strokes
    Jimmy Magee is some craic.

"I asked Lennox Lewis for a comment on Katie Taylor and he summed her up in one sentence: she boxes like a man".:confused:
    I'm 99% sure Lennox Lewis gave that quote when he was interviewed by Gabby Logan (I think) on BBC last night.

Now maybe Lewis was generous with his time and gave the same soundbite to Magee as well.....but I reckon Magee just lifted it from the BBC interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What time do the 200 metres semi start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

apparently Ochigava also said: "Ireland is in a financial crisis because they've spent all their money on (Katie) Taylor's referees"

How can she be allowed to make comments like this saying the judges are corrupt? Is there no disciplinary board who looks into such comments?

My guess is she didnt actually say that and either you are writing shíte or pasting someone else's shíte.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure Lennox Lewis gave that quote when he was interviewed by Gabby Logan (I think) on BBC last night.

Now maybe Lewis was generous with his time and gave the same soundbite to Magee as well.....but I reckon Magee just lifted it from the BBC interview.

In his defence though, he's senile and probably believes he was interviewing Lewis while he was at home waatchign the telly.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I can't fcuking stand that stupid trumpet sound. Makes me want to punch the wall repeatedly

Colmustard wrote: »
    She could do better he is only a soldier.

He can get her a nice church for the wedding though. Probably on decent pocket money too.

Anyone wrote: »
    My guess is she didnt actually say that and either you are writing shíte or pasting someone else's shíte.

I dotn know, it starts with "apparently". Thats how you know its true.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Christ he doesnt waste much time does he :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone wrote: »

She didn't say those words, but did say Katie gets a ten point headstart and the judges look to give her points.

The darling of Boards.ie Laura Trott

The what now?

She's a bit meh, imo

He should have tried his luck with Jessica Ennis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What time do the 200 metres semi start?

20:10 as far as i know, have a bet on bolt so very interested:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Watching the women's diving and the commentator says "she's all over the shop". :D Thought that was a Dublin/Irish saying?

He can get her a nice church for the wedding though. Probably on decent pocket money too.

LOL
    Maybe he could. But what would she be doing with him when she could have me, that question would eventually torture her.

I haven't seen much of his ouldfellow about the games, he's probably busy trying to poison their granny.

Jesus, Tomashova in the 1500 looks about 60. Hopes the StJohns ambulance are keeping an eye on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

Play the innocent nice guy on here.

I asked the OH, to mmm how to i put this....
    give me head....

....and she said she would rather eat broccoli!!.

Just not right.

I'm not sure what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Larianne wrote: »
    Watching the women's diving and the commentator says "she's all over the shop". :D Thought that was a Dublin/Irish saying?

Most sayings you think are uniquely "Irish" are used in Britain too. Always cracks me up when idiots like Hector say "how Irish" something is when it's something in every day use in the UK.

You could grate cheese with those 6 packs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Pudsy33 wrote: »

She didn't say those words, but did say Katie gets a ten point headstart and the judges look to give her points.

Wonder if she is cynically trying to influence the judging or getting the excuses in early.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Here's an article with Ochigava's interview.
    Watched her fight back there and it's actually worse than I remembered live. The Brazilian boxer absolutely battered her, especially in the third round. Counted 6 or 7 punches that should have scored yet only 3 counted. Ochigava on the other was somehow awarded 5 points.
    I'd say she's just coming up with a ready made excuse if she (hopefully) loses tomorrow.

The GB athlete got the 1500m tactics totally wrong, Steve Cram is her coach.

There's an Irish umpire at the GB v Argentina womens hockey match BBC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Does anyone else have trouble using the choose sport red button feature on BBC? It worked for me once last week but now it just loads for ages and errors. :mad:

Still qualified though... only just

• Advertisement

She seems to have got into the final somehow.

Here's an article with Ochigava's interview.
    Watched her fight back there and it's actually worse than I remembered live. The Brazilian boxer absolutely battered her, especially in the third round. Counted 6 or 7 punches that should have scored yet only 3 counted. Ochigava on the other was somehow awarded 5 points.
    I'd say she's just coming up with a ready made excuse if she (hopefully) loses tomorrow.

I didn't see the fight, but the rules are if there's a flurry of punches thrown by each fighter, the judges wait until it's over and award a point to whoever won the duel. So could be that's why the punches weren't counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

She ran her personal best, what more do you want??

summerskin wrote: »
    She ran her personal best, what more do you want??

I just think she got herself trapped in the middle and gave herself to much to do at the end.

I think she has the power at the end to possibly sneak a bronze if she gets the race right.

But tactilly that is a difficult race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

WTF was Blake playing at?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement