Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

The Jackets of Kenny Egan :D

any link online to this, raging I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

sassyj wrote: »
    any link online to this, raging I missed it

Last nights coverage is up on the RTE player now,it was after Paddy Barnes fight when they showed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

racso1975 wrote: »
    It is open water i suppose :D

On a separate note the volley ball would be a lot more interesting if downtown was commentating

LOL a fine example of a Freudian slip.

http://womanandhome.media.ipcdigital..._Mary-King.jpg

Mary King 51 with 2 kids and a silver medallist who is going for gold today in the equestrian.

I have a new Olympic darling sorry Laura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oi! There aint no party like an S Club Party :pac:

Rachel Stevens would have got it....and the dark haired girl too! :D

Btw go onto the Today FM website and listen to yesterday's Gift Grub, they have all the boxing lads on it, classic stuff

http://www.todayfm.com/shows/weekdays/ian-dempsey-breakfast-show/Gift-Grub.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Colmustard wrote: »

Mary King 51 with 2 kids and a silver medallist who is going for gold today in the equestrian.

The british guy is 54, It would be more impressive it if was the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kfallon wrote: »
    Rachel Stevens would have got it....and the dark haired girl too! :D

Btw go onto the Today FM website and listen to yesterday's Gift Grub, they have all the boxing lads on it, classic stuff

http://www.todayfm.com/shows/weekdays/ian-dempsey-breakfast-show/Gift-Grub.aspx

Great Stuff!

:pac:

Great Stuff!

I always love the Gift Grubs where they burst out laughing during it.
    Apparently they were at it again this morning with the boxing so should be on the website tomorrow....hopefully!

I always love the Gift Grubs where they burst out laughing during it.
    Apparently they were at it again this morning with the boxing so should be on the website tomorrow....hopefully!

Its up there now

• Advertisement

Its up there now

*legs it*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ok is it just me or is long distance swimming phenomenally boring to watch ?

Edit: AWESOME Timmy Mac is on rte2. BOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    bye bye swimming

"How are ya fixed for parrots Ian?"

The Liam Nesson part in the gift grub bloodly priceless :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Timmy time.

The Liam Nesson part in the gift grub bloodly priceless :D

Michael Carruth is priceless, really gone to town on him after the other night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Ok is it just me or is long distance swimming phenomenally boring to watch ?

what exactly did you expect when you tuned in? Something along the lines of 'It's a Knockout'?!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johne30

simply sick of all this boxing nonsense , its an awful sport and won't be in the olympics in a few more games time. . she (kate taylor) will probably lose as usual for irish competitors. she competes for 24 mins in total 8 min fights by 3 . the sailors and rowers are way better sports people . feel sorry for analise. Taylor has a good p r machine behind her though

steve9859 wrote: »
    what exactly did you expect when you tuned in? Something along the lines of 'It's a Knockout'?!

Yes. Yes I did.:mad:

johne30 wrote: »
    simply sick of all this boxing nonsense , its an awful sport and won't be in the olympics in a few more games time. . she (kate taylor) will probably lose as usual for irish competitors. she competes for 24 mins in total 8 min fights by 3 . the sailors and rowers are way better sports people . feel sorry for analise. Taylor has a good p r machine behind her though

Oh ffs! :rolleyes:
    Would love to see you box for 8 mins!

No doubt you'll be sitting at home watching with your Russian flag on. Wish people like you would just leave our country, do my head in!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh do you know what I usually try not to rise to troll types or to lower myself but Fu ck off with your stirring, try have a bit of pride in our group of boxers who are excelling. It is giving the majority of this island a lift, its great to have something to cheer about and be happy about rather than austerity, corrupt bankers/politicians, cuts to medical services etc. Just feck right off. :mad:

• Advertisement

LOL
    And a host of world titles as well. If you don't like boxing don't watch it. That what normal people do if they are watching something that they don't like, they change the channel.

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

:D

I see we have another entry for the Trollympics. You are going to have to try harder, you are currently in 4th position at best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Heading into a two hour long physics exam at 3 30, and I hope I do finish up as the country is celebrating a great victory. Gutted to miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Something weird just happened - South Africa are back in the 400 relay after an appeal, as they didn't finish the race how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johne30

Oh ffs! :rolleyes:
    Would love to see you box for 8 mins!

No doubt you'll be sitting at home watching with your Russian flag on. Wish people like you would just leave our country, do my head in!
    i have done boxing and lots of other sports , and boxing is not a serious sport , we never win medals at serious sports, thats why other countrys leave the boxing to us and a few old former soviet states and they get on wit real sport. so don't be codding yourself ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

i have done boxing and lots of other sports , and boxing is not a serious sport , we never win medals at serious sports, thats why other countrys leave the boxing to us and a few old former soviet states and they get on wit real sport. so don't be codding yourself ok.

allways 1 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not a serious sport? :confused:

What constitutes a real sport? Yes, it's pretty much the only thing we are good at currently. That doesn't make it less of a sport. Cop on would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The camera work in this race is awful. Stay on the leaders ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

That was a nice Slice n Dice in the basketball :D

Anyone notice the camera work on the BBC for the last few hours? Every time they cut back to the presenter they have this wide angle so they can show off your woman's legs. Now, she is lovely looking and all but they never do that with Claire Balding. :p

you obviously never made it past 2 minutes of you think its nonsense.

last time i checked in sailing the wind does most of the work and I'd like to see the rowers rowing as they are having the wind knocked out of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mod:
    Banned. Again.

Great last quarter in the basketball at the minute, 3.30 left and Argentina are 4 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

garv123 wrote: »
    Colmustard wrote: »

The british guy is 54, It would be more impressive it if was the horse.
    Was there not someone pushing 70 the other day? A Canadian or somesuch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Anyone watching the rhythmic gymnastics on BBC1. How does a human body do that with a ball amazing!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Exciting finish to the open water swimming, gold for Hungary.
    It looks like a grueling sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Was there not someone pushing 70 the other day? A Canadian or somesuch?

Japanese guy i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Heading into a two hour long physics exam at 3 30, and I hope I do finish up as the country is celebrating a great victory. Gutted to miss it.

Best of luck with your exam Pudsy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Missed the basketball :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone watching the rhythmic gymnastics on BBC1. How does a human body do that with a ball amazing!!! :eek:
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWXHftVu8OSw&v=WXHftVu8OSw&gl=IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG guys I'm so neeeervous!!! Come on Katie!!:D:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG guys I'm so neeeervous!!! Come on Katie!!:D:o

I know me too, its pit of the stomach stuff, hopefully we'll be singing Spandau Ballet around 5pm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Are high 5's and hugs compulsary in volleyball and beach volleyball?

• Advertisement

Ofcourse! Haven't you seen Top Gun? :confused:

:P

That ass slap after every point should be compulsory in the womens beach volleyball :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

A couple of weeks ago I knew nothing about the Olympics, now I can't wait for next year's.    

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

When are the Winter Olympics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

When are the Winter Olympics?

February 2014. Its in Russia

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement