Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

GB don't mind tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm beginning to get palpitations now guys.....well maybe a slight exaggeration but you know what I mean:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Only 3 teams/individual could fill pub at this time of day. The International football team, Sonia o Sullivan and Katie Taylor.

Its good to have buzz about something again. We could do with more of it.

We only ever watched two sporting events when we were in primary school. The first was Germany v Ireland in the World Cup back in 6th class. The other was Sonia running in a race. I can't for the life of me remember what race it was but it was on during lunch time at around 1 o'clock or so and we had half the school peeking through every nook and cranny trying to catch a glimpse of the race. The teachers in their infinite wisdom decided against having the tele in the hall and put it in the corridor instead. Crazy times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ausie fan in the mens hockey crowd leading a cheer of Ogie ogie ogie:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I think I'm gonna have to watch the fight from behind the couch :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Dr.Broccoli

kfallon wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna have to watch the fight from behind the couch :o

Why not just move the couch out of the way? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He's starting to lose his voice. It's how you know it's the later rounds of the tournament :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Nerves are starting to kick in. Stomach has butterflies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

At the Excel arena now. One sea of green. Gonna be epic! See ye at the other end! With a gold of course!

• Advertisement

I like Michael Lyster presenting, has a bit of personality, unlike Bill who you can tell is reading the lines without even knowing what he's saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Think I'll head to a pub in hope of a bit of a crowd. Hopefully more than the usual types you'd find in there at this hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Itchy itchy itchy

Scratch scratch scratch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

C'mon katie nerves adrenalin and butterflies are killing me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We only ever watched two sporting events when we were in primary school. The first was Germany v Ireland in the World Cup back in 6th class. The other was Sonia running in a race. I can't for the life of me remember what race it was but it was on during lunch time at around 1 o'clock or so and we had half the school peeking through every nook and cranny trying to catch a glimpse of the race. The teachers in their infinite wisdom decided against having the tele in the hall and put it in the corridor instead. Crazy times.

I'd imagine that was the Sydney Olympics in 2000, damn you Szabo, damn you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I like Michael Lyster presenting, has a bit of personality, unlike Bill who you can tell is reading the lines without even knowing what he's saying.

Ah feck Michael is finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Might have been her Silver Medal race in Sydney.

Remember the good old days when Ireland used to have 3pm kick offs and we were in till 3.30 in Primary School then. Get first half hour and then watch second half at home.

I hope Katie wins gold, not for the country, but for herself. Deserves it for being the best in her division for so long.

Half an hour to GOLD:D

Well 45 minutes

Ah feck Michael is finished

Ah yeah but at least we will have the one and only jimmy giving us some classic commentary during the fight

• Advertisement

At the Excel arena now. One sea of green. Gonna be epic! See ye at the other end! With a gold of course!

Jealous(at the moment anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Must say that little closing bit from Michael Lyster has gotten me very nervous for the bout ahead. He's right though, the whole nation is in front of a telly watching this with bated breath. Honestly, I'm getting so much goosebumps I'll probably be in tears regardless of the result.

Come on Katie :)

Cheer louder than you've ever cheered in your life!!:D

Lucky bugger :)

Hopefully Katies oppponent wont need that teeth in a day clinic!!!! ad is doin my nut in. "Mashed banana sandwich in a golf club" ffs

racso1975 wrote: »
    Ah yeah but at least we will have the one and only jimmy giving us some classic commentary during the fight

He really should be thrown in a home. Has no clue about boxing. It's a wonder he hasn't mentioned "Dave Boy McCauley yet".

Must say that little closing bit from Michael Lyster has gotten me very nervous for the bout ahead. He's right though, the whole nation is in front of a telly watching this with bated breath. Honestly, I'm getting so much goosebumps I'll probably be in tears regardless of the result.

Come on Katie :)

Yep twill be tears of joy or despair

He really should be thrown in a home. Has no clue about boxing. It's a wonder he hasn't mentioned "Dave Boy McCauley yet".

Just give it time my friend just give it time

Tick tock

30 minutes to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

racso1975 wrote: »
    Hopefully Katies oppponent wont need that teeth in a day clinic!!!! ad is doin my nut in. "Mashed banana sandwich in a golf club" ffs

hopefully her opponent WILL need it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Wish i was in the pub for this but alas at home.
    Cant wait, come on Katie.

Kenny :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek:Another new suit by Kenny Egan.

Yep twill be tears of joy or despair

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Bernard "brod club" Dunne in a suit for the occasion :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Bertie Aherne has been smuggled into the fight apparently. SMACK HIM KATIE! :p

You know its serious when the suits are on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

TGB are having another good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Power Cut in parts of Bray :o

Oooohhhhhhhh, the boys have the luxury of a couch for this one ;) A desk is no good for a final :P

• Advertisement

I demand that rte show us the reaction of the lads off camera after the fight!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

GO KATIE. YOU CAN DO IT!!

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I like these 3 lads.

Right going to soak up the atmosphere

COME ON KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Go Katie!!!

:eek:Another new suit by Kenny Egan.

That bleedin tie is giving me a migraine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

DominoDub wrote: »
    Power Cut in parts of Bray :o

Really? :eek: There's supposed to be a huge crowd at the Shoreline Lesiure Centre between Bray and Greystones..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Have ya got your boards.ie supporters club banner with ya?

el diablo wrote: »
    GO KATIE. YOU CAN DO IT!!

The prints a bit small there can you make it bigger?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

johne30 wrote: »
    simply sick of all this boxing nonsense , its an awful sport and won't be in the olympics in a few more games time. . she (kate taylor) will probably lose as usual for irish competitors. she competes for 24 mins in total 8 min fights by 3 . the sailors and rowers are way better sports people . feel sorry for analise. Taylor has a good p r machine behind her though
    Your right. She should take up GAA instead.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement