Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Lucky he didnt take is top off too. They'd have no choice but to to send him off.

Drives me mad. I remember Ballack (I think) a few years back scoring twice for Chelsea against Man U.

So for the first goal he takes his top - get's the booking. Andy Gray starts says "ref had no choice - stupid by Ballack, but correct booking"

Scores a second (very late in the game iirc) and goes into the crowd. Doesn't get booked. Gray turns around then and goes "ref showing some common sense there not booking him again - stupid rule anyway" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Bolt with the camera, Id say he is some craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Bolt said he wanted to be known as a legend after these games. I think he has achieved that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

nice_very wrote: »
    Bolt with the camera, Id say he is some craic

Absolute howl I'd say - he's cocky but in a fun loving way :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Nice to see Bolt looking out for Blake and Blake looking out for the young guy who came third and whispering him advice every now and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Think i will take a stroll to the bookies and collect a nice wad of 50's:p

I'd say they're closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Nice to see one of the Jamiacan under 16's get a chance to participate! And win a bronze too :p:D

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Nice to see one of the Jamiacan under 16's get a chance to participate! And win a bronze too :p:D

Apparently he is 22! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Nice to see Bolt looking out for Blake and Blake looking out for the young guy who came third and whispering him advice every now and then

Blake is younger than Warren Weir!

David Gillick is right - he did slow up towards the end

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Blake is younger than Warren Weir!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Kind of disappointed he slowed up towards the end, would have loved to have seen the record broken and in my opinion there would have been no occasion bigger than the Olympics to do it!

He looked at the clock and knew he wasn't going to break the WR.

Apparently he is 22! :eek:

He's fooling no one! He's on track for gold in 2024! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some very snide remarks towards the young fella there from the grey haired dude on RTE. He seems like a tosser

BBC reporter interviewing during the Kenyan national anthem, Bolt won't like that.

He's 22, 5"10 and ENGAGED! Who does this guy think he's fooling :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That BBC trackside interviewer keeps putting his hands around the athletes. Very disrespectful imo. You would'nt see Sue Barker doing that.

BBC reporter interviewing during the Kenyan national anthem, Bolt won't like that.

I didn't like that
    cgpg5 wrote: »
    He's 22, 5"10 and ENGAGED! Who does this guy think he's fooling :D

lol....did you notice Bolt laughing when he said that ???
    hmmmmm.....

OMG Love the accent - I'm falling deeper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

From tears of pure joy looking at Katie Taylor, to tears of laughter looking at Usain Bolt acting the mickey. That man oozes class and coolness

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Anyone sense tension between Gillick and Kiernan in the RTE studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

yeah Warren Weir was trying to honour it aswell but the reporter basically manhandled him to get his views

The 3 Jamaicans are hilarious - I'd say they'd be great on a night out on the town!

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Anyone sense tension between Gillick and Kiernan in the RTE studio?

Totally!!! Kiernan seems like a know it all

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Yeah, Kiernan always loves an opportunity to counter Gillick's analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone watching the mens beach volleyball final?
    Germany are winning against Brazil.

THAT mullet is hideous how does he get a gig on the telly like that, even Darragh Maloney fixed his hair earlier :D

Christ the british female boxer that won gold today gave the Chinese one an awful beating!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Yeah, Kiernan always loves an opportunity to counter Gillick's analysis.

I would think when it comes to the sprints, Gillick would be accurate anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Dutch hockey team comfortably beating the British in the semis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Some annalist said bolt will earn 20 million this year, if I had known that I would have entered those races myself.

Colmustard wrote: »
    Some annalist said bolt will earn 20 million this year, if I had known that I would have entered those races myself.

Is that just from the all the races alone? Imagine if you add on all the sponsorship deals and everything else! :-O

The beach volleyball is gas a different tune played after every point and the MC constantly getting the crowd going, hard enough to take it seriously :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont think they will let you compete on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There's probably history there, Gerry is very direct and honest when it comes to giving an opinion. Some of the Irish athletes might misconstrue that as unfair criticism on themselves.

leahyl wrote: »
    Is that just from the all the races alone? Imagine if you add on all the sponsorship deals and everything else! :-O

Na basically sponsorship and that craic alone more or less I'd imagine

Relatively speaking he actually earns fairly little from the races, the vast majority is from sponsorships and endorsements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Christ the british female boxer that won gold today gave the Chinese one an awful beating!
    And the Chinese lass is the current world champion at that weight, I think. Excellent performances form both Katie Taylor and Nicola Adams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Probably from sponsorship deals. He'll be on the face of every billboard from here to Timbuktu for the next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RTE commentator is a bit snarky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anyone watching the mens beach volleyball final?
    Germany are winning against Brazil.

You put the mockers on them, they went 5 points down in the 2nd after you posted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Yankee girls get revenge on Japan for the world cup final.

Ah the British boxer is very pretty :-)

I dont think they will let you compete on a bike

LoL
    They would still beat me.
    He also said Jess Ennis will get up to 5 million
    and the new sporting darling Laura Trott will get the same.

I suppose these athletes are hardly amateurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ha, the false start there was gas;

"Ah for god - for goodness sake.........for goodness sake"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

She is on BBC now, absolutely adorable!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Most money will be from sponsors, but he'd get more cash from turning up at an event than he would for actually winning it. There is some good prizes I think if you win the diamond league, but don't think he's been doing any of those meets.

She is on BBC now, absolutely adorable!

She's very young I'd say - very sweet girl:-)

He would get substantial appearance money on the circuit, I remember watching a doco the race that shocked the world and on the Circuit Carl Lewis and Johnson could claim over 500,000 the coach just laughed and said not even close.

But Bolt I think with sponsorship will earn up to 50, he is now one of the most famous men in the world, we are going to see him in a lot of ads.

• Advertisement

He would get substantial appearance money on the circuit, I remember watching a doco the race that shocked the world and on the Circuit Carl Lewis and Johnson could claim over 500,000 the coach just laughed and said not even close.

But Bolt I think with sponsorship will earn up to 50, he is now one of the most famous men in the world, we are going to see him in a lot of ads.

Great! Looking forward to seeing him everywhere :-P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement