Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

leahyl wrote: »
    She's very young I'd say - very sweet girl:-)

Older than she looks, 30 in October! Shocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

robinph wrote: »
    but don't think he's been doing any of those meets.
    He was at Oslo (made his entrance in a rather souped-up car), think he was at Rome too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The 3 Jamaicans are hilarious - I'd say they'd be great on a night out on the town!

Lol....wait until the Jamaican celebration party and the Irish celebration collide at the Olympic village tonight :eek::eek:
    Ah the British boxer is very pretty :-)

Haha - there's a sentence I bet you thought you would never say:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus they just found out about the broken leg guy on RTE now.....hear it first on boards.ie :-P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Colmustard wrote: »
    ... we are going to see him in a lot of ads.

It's close between Bolt and Ennis as to who appears on more billboards and bus stops through London at the moment. Bolt is on all the big Visa posters throughout the train stations, but there are plenty of Ennis, and Pendelton, ones promoting girly products (not sure what they were advertising, and don't care).

• Advertisement

Jesus they just found out about the broken leg guy on RTE now.....hear it first on boards.ie :-P

Seriously rte olympic coverage is beyond a joke....its simply been .....well....amateur

The 3 Jamaicans are hilarious - I'd say they'd be great on a night out on the town!

Lol....wait until the Jamaican celebration party and the Irish celebration collide at the Olympic village tonight :eek::eek:
    Ah the British boxer is very pretty :-)

Haha - there's a sentence I bet you thought you would never say:pac:

What do you mean by the last sentence?!

I mean boxers are not normally know for their prettyness - what with being beat around the head all day

robinph wrote: »
    ... we are going to see him in a lot of ads.

It's close between Bolt and Ennis as to who appears on more billboards and bus stops through London at the moment. Bolt is on all the big Visa posters throughout the train stations, but there are plenty of Ennis, and Pendelton, ones promoting girly products (not sure what they were advertising, and don't care).

And of course our Katie! She'll get her fair share of publicity also! :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He was at Oslo (made his entrance in a rather souped-up car), think he was at Rome too.

Ahh yeah, remember them showing that in one of the Bolt preview programs before the Olympics started. The promoter for the Rome meet didn't care how much she had to pay him or how he ran, it was their first sell out.

• Advertisement

I mean boxers are not normally know for their prettyness - what with being beat around the head all day

Oh ya! Haha! Yeah that's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Yeah the British boxer seems quite down to earth. You could tell she won it wasn't as close as the Katie Taylor match. Two great female boxers for both GB and Ireland.
    Who won the 3rd weight in boxing? I haven't heard anything about it.

Yeah the British boxer seems quite down to earth. You could tell she won it wasn't as close as the Katie Taylor match. Two great female boxers for both GB and Ireland.

A drunken Irish fan in row 3 won :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

In Ireland yes, I say she stands to make a bit of money here, if that doesn't contravene the amateur code or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Claressa Shields, a 17 year old American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

American fighter, Shields. She won it comfortably.

In Ireland yes, I say she stands to make a bit of money here, if that doesn't contravene the amateur code or anything.

She's already done a tv ad in the US before she won today - now everyone knows her so they'll all want a piece if her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sure shes already in ads. The Lucozade one I think it is? One of those ads where you wouldnt know what its for unless they show you the product right at the end. Montage of her trainign, with music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Sure shes already in ads. The Lucozade one I think it is? One of those ads where you wouldnt know what its for unless they show you the product right at the end. Montage of her trainign, with music.

Yeah you're right sorry I'd forgotten about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

10.00 was hear I read our Katie will be interview by gary Linekar.

I have bbc 2 on now it'll be good to hear what she says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

And my medals total goes up by 36 in the space of minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Decent Bobsleigh team there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why does he slow up though?

He said that he wasn't feeling fully fit. He had felt a twinge in his back and knew at the start of the last 100 that he wasn't going to break it.

If he ever is fully fit, gets the right lane and track and the conditions are good then he'll obliterate that world record, to the extent that it may never be broken again.

I have bbc 2 on now it'll be good to hear what she says.

Put Beeb 2 on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

They will be representing Jamaica in the 4 by 100 relay, now you couldn't back against them winning that. So I thinks he has another gold in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Watching highlights on beeb and hearing that brilliant commentator! Why didn't I watch on bbc :-D

I think I prefer the english commentary to the irish it feels like they create more tension.

• Advertisement

Love watching this over and over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just watching the medal ceremony from earlier. Well done Katie, you have done us all proud.

I think I prefer the english commentary to the irish it feels like they create more tension.

More tension, less directionless babbling

He said that he wasn't feeling fully fit. He had felt a twinge in his back and knew at the start of the last 100 that he wasn't going to break it.

If he ever is fully fit, gets the right lane and track and the conditions are good then he'll obliterate that world record, to the extent that it may never be broken again.

The 100m and 200m were nothing like the Beijing ones. Everyone else is now a lot closer to him and he beat the 100m time from Beijing. People are getting closer.

They will be representing Jamaica in the 4 by 100 relay, now you couldn't back against them winning that. So I thinks he has another gold in the bag.

That will bring his tally to 6 over the course of two games. I wonder will he do it again in Rio, he'll only be 29 not considerably old for a sprinter, but you'd imagine Blake will have reached his peak at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Katie will be on BBC2 in a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Why did the referee have a radio ( around her waist to the back )?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

3 huge Boxing fights tomorrow to win Silver medals(hopefully more)

All underdogs, but lets hope we get few our way.

Your man's a serious commentator on beeb! Very excited too about Katie winning

Omg absolute euphoria!

Ah WHERE'S Katie?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Watched the last 2 rounds of the Taylor fight again on the BBC and the commentating puts rte to shame.
    Wtf kind of crap do we get subjected to?

• Advertisement

Lets hope the bbc will show the 3 boxing matches tomorrow.
    It'd would be good if all the 3 got into the final and then won.

I thought they were going to interview Katie? maybe they wasn't going to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Thought he was talking to Katie :(

They probably couldn't get Katie out of the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Katie looks well!
    Thought he was talking to Katie
    cgpg5 wrote: »

She's being interviewed on RTÉ at the mo! :) I think it's been non-stop interviews all evening for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Shryke wrote: »
    Watched the last 2 rounds of the Taylor fight again on the BBC and the commentating puts rte to shame.
    Wtf kind of crap do we get subjected to?

Jobs for the boys. Nobody will tell Jimmy Magee that he's not up to it anymore

Yes the Irish fans are holding her hostage!

Your man's a serious commentator on beeb! Very excited too about Katie winning

Yeah I watched all her fights on bbc cause h was so much better than the rte crew. Even when the British girl was fighting Katie he was still pro Katie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Bill really is an old fogey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

She's on RTE 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

On rte 2 people

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement