Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

China have won the first gold medal - Women's 10m Air Rifle

Got a Bronze in it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Bad start in the Gymnastic for Keiron Behan.

Also an Irish athlete has been questioned over a betting scandal, he/she has been questioned over betting against an opponent. The athlete has not been named. Watch this space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Nicholas Roche actually does have a chance at a decent finish in the road race.

Come on Nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Sorry, just wasn't 'that' impressed, I fell asleep half way through - just more same old, same old, all that boring oul dancing and don't get me started on the singing and the wains in their beds! Disapointing to say the least tbh, I had high hopes for Danny Boyle too! I do hear the fireworks were great - sorry I missed those but how can you go wrong when your spending a couple of million quid on them?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

God Bless the BBC red button. SPoilt for choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Kiss watched by a billion people:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/opening-ceremony-video-kiss/

Now that's a pressured kiss. What would their mothers say? :O
    Also, who is the hot chick ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

24 Olympics channels from BBC, epic stuff.
    Anywhere easy to get a guide of what's on each one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    24 Olympics channels from BBC, epic stuff.
    Anywhere easy to get a guide of what's on each one?

Ahhh to much sport, what a complaint, I think I am going to get couch soars.

I am sticking to the road race for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Love the gymnastics! :D

Has anyone got a schedule for when all 66 Irish athletes are competing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

...it shows that the English have a great sense of humour. I enjoyed the show. I will not be watching the competitions but I have to admire the contestants as it must be very difficult to be world standard out of 7 billion people now that most of the planet can afford to train, develop and send athletes to these events.

I couldn't imagine Michael D being portrayed parachuting into the stadium, he'd probably be composing a poem on the way down and forget to pull the ripcord........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

doolox wrote: »
    ...it shows that the English have a great sense of humour. I enjoyed the show. I will not be watching the competitions but I have to admire the contestants as it must be very difficult to be world standard out of 7 billion people now that most of the planet can afford to train, develop and send athletes to these events.

I couldn't imagine Michael D being portrayed parachuting into the stadium, he'd probably be composing a poem on the way down and forget to pull the ripcord........
    british

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah Kieran Behan :( Fell on his landing at the vault

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has anyone got a schedule for when all 66 Irish athletes are competing?
    Heres as best I could find and what im using:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/countries/ireland/athletes

• Advertisement

Irish guy Barry Murphy swimming breast stroke right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Didn't do as well as expected
    Unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i love how RTE were advertising #teamireland

then they FAIL to show Lisa competing in the Judo! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭galgar

RTE's coverage is pathetic.
    They never showed Lisa Kearney in the Judo nor Kieran Behan in his second gymnastics event. Instead they were talking crap in the studio.
    With very few athletes we should be showing them all.
    Worst coverage ever.

WTF??? I was tuned in to RTE just to see Lisa Kearney in the Judo, and now I've missed it???

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »

Seriously?! Would love to have seen her:-( can't believe they didn't show her!

There are some in the Irish Olympic team that I didn't even know were competing. Theres a Latvian lady and a polish guy competing for Ireland :-)

There are some in the Irish Olympic team that I didn't even know were competing. Theres a Latvian lady and a polish guy competing for Ireland :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

WTF??? I was tuned in to RTE just to see Lisa Kearney in the Judo, and now I've missed it???

not only did you miss it, RTE didn't bother showing it :mad:

everyone is tweeting @RTELondon2012 on twitter complaining :D and Lisa Kearney is trending! BIG mistake RTE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

What anti British attitude? What because some people don't lick the backsides of the British the way some of the west brits do on here??

I was born in England and lived there till I was 14 and still speak with 100% English accent. You wont find me supporting England at anything though ever and instead just find it amusing with some the "real" Irish people trying to lick the arses of these guys.

I see all these threads about Ireland joining the commonwealth, and rejoining the union etc occassionaly and thats just as bad personally.

I heading off to Spain in a few days and sick of this "Britain the best in the world" crap, glad I'm avoiding it tbh.

Big praise for the opening ceremony in Asia today. Are they east brits now?

They didn't show it.
    Pathetic.
    What a mess.
    Spending more time in studio and and on adverts.
    What a waste of a licence fee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Ella Bella wrote: »
    This made me laugh out loud. You legend :D

Humour is an aphrodisiac you know :D

BBC did show Kieran Behan in his second gymnastics event.
    RTE haven't even mentioned it.
    He didn't do well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2012/0728/330936-olympics-day-1-when-are-the-irish-in-action

Probably a bit late to put this up, but I'm guessing they will be doing one evry day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

RTE really are a useless shower, pathetic that they are missing so many Irish athletes.

• Advertisement

Less time talking shite in the studio and oh I dunno maybe show the actual fucking events RTE!

Jesus!

galgar wrote: »
    BBC did show Kieran Behan in his second gymnastics event.
    RTE haven't even mentioned it.
    He didn't do well
    Rte covered that event earlier.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2012/0728/330936-olympics-day-1-when-are-the-irish-in-action

Probably a bit late to put this up, but I'm guessing they will be doing one evry day?
    More than likely :pac:

They only showed him on the floor

His first event but not his second event.
    BBC did show him though.

Anyone remember the irish basketball commentator from the last Olympics?
    Anyone know if he's working for Rte again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Showing Lisa on RTE 2 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

RTE are saying on their twitter they werent supplied the live feeds for the Judo etc...joke of a station!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

"A German dignitary at the Olympic Opening Ceremony appeared to greet his country’s athletes with a Nazi salute, causing Boris Johnson and Camilla Parker-Bowles who were sitting nearby to explode into a fit of giggles.

The elderly man was caught on video repeatedly extending his left arm back and fourth prompting a few awkward stares from members of the crowd. Bizarrely he was sitting in front of Boris Johnson and Camilla Parker-Bowles who looked bemused at first before bursting into laughter.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm liking these so far. I've been mainly watching it on the bbc they show more events. I like the swimming and the rowing , the cycling is ok but too long to watch the whole race.
    I missed Kieran Behans I just turned over to bbc just as he finished I saw the clip replay on rte 2 , would've been good if he made it maybe next time.

"A German dignitary at the Olympic Opening Ceremony appeared to greet his country’s athletes with a Nazi salute, causing Boris Johnson and Camilla Parker-Bowles who were sitting nearby to explode into a fit of giggles.

The elderly man was caught on video repeatedly extending his left arm back and fourth prompting a few awkward stares from members of the crowd. Bizarrely he was sitting in front of Boris Johnson and Camilla Parker-Bowles who looked bemused at first before bursting into laughter.'

I thought the exact same thing when I saw him last night!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Anyone remember the irish basketball commentator from the last Olympics?
    Anyone know if he's working for Rte again this year?
    Ya Timmy McCarthy is his name and he is wonderful to listen to. No idea if he is working this time round but hopefully.

Poor Lisa - she did well though, well done girl!

From the youtube comments a bit of perspective:
    Comment on DM: "This is Walther Tröger, an 83 year old man who once was the president of the National Olympic Committee for Germany and member of the International Olympic Committee. During the 1972 olympics he took part in the negotiations with the terrorists who later killed Israeli athlets. Tröger is definitely no Nazi. He is an old man with stiff joints who tries to wave like the athlets do. Thank you Britain for once again putting us Germans into the Nazi corner. Thank you very much."

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Tbh whilst it does resemble a nazi salute a) it's the wrong arm and b)poor chaps getting on a bit, just a dodgy old man wave IMO. Just an unfortunate coincidence it happened to be a German dignatory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Irish rider now in the dressage (jut exploring the red button.....not a regular dressage fan!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

How long is this bike race - 102km to go & they have been on a bike for three hours already :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Sinita doing well in the single scull. Sitting nicely in 3rd at the 500.

And safely through...

steve9859 wrote: »
    Sinita doing well in the single scull. Sitting nicely in 3rd at the 500.

And safely through...

Well done Sanita! Great performance there :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    How long is this bike race - 102km to go & they have been on a bike for three hours already :eek::eek:

250k. Just past halfway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement