Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Anyone know when gymnastics is on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Anyone know when gymnastics is on?

It's finished, at least on the bbc red button....it was a morning session.

Thanks Steve9859. How do I find out when its on though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fiddle about with this page.
    http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/

For example if you click into List View on a particular day it'll give you exact times and events within each sport.
    You can then further exapand to see say that the Archery at 15.00 is Korea v Ukraine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Irish boxer John Joe Nevin on in a few mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Mick Dowling just talking about John Joe Nevin there "he's a great thinker, with a "TH", while pointing to his head, just incase anyone misheard him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Mick Dowling just talking about John Joe Nevin there "he's a great thinker, with a "TH", while pointing to his head, just incase anyone misheard him :pac:

still laughing - had to rewind to watch it a few times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

The 2nd men's qualifying subdivision featuring two of the favorites - Japan and the USA - will start in about an hour. Then there's a 3rd subdivision after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Got a little bit emotional when Team Ireland was announced and was really surprised at the cheer they got! :eek:

I'd say that there were a lot of cheers from the British for us last night. Despite what some people here have been saying, our two countries are quite close. (don't tell anyone but I got a bit teary too :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Come on John Joe!!!!! Time for some ass kicking :)

• Advertisement

Very emotional interview there with Kieran Behan on RTE. What an inspiration this guy is. Shame it just didn't come together for him today.

The 2nd men's qualifying subdivision featuring two of the favorites - Japan and the USA - will start in about an hour. Then there's a 3rd subdivision after that.

What channel? Red button bbc? Sorry, I don't really know how it all works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

John Joe has it in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Bradley Wiggins The Belgian

"Bradley Wiggins (DOB 28 April 1980) was born in Ghent, Belgium, where his Australian father, Gary, an endurance cyclist, was based. When his parents separated in 1982, he moved to London with his mother to stay with his maternal grandparents at the Dibdin House estate in Maida Vale."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Wiggins

Lol so all those narrow minded people who define nationality "where you are born and thats it" please step foward and call Bradley Wiggins Belgian? Any? Thought not.

Isn't nationality in the state of the mind and not necessarily where you are born?

Mo Farrah Somalian etc? Its amazing how many British atheletes come from all sorts of different backgrounds, very nice to see. :)

Its interesting how this country seems to have such a problem with defining irishness, screaming plastic paddies etc, yet the Brits don't seem to have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Lol is this Jimmy McGee commentating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Can someone give john joe a quick call? Get him to KO this ^^^ fella.

Stop ruining the thread thomasflynn.

Well done john joe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

yet the Brits don't seem to have a problem with it.

We don't have a problem with it when they're good at sport ;)

Beefy78 wrote: »
    We don't have a problem with it when they're good at sport ;)

I know I figured. Its the same here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Go John Joe, Go John Joe, GO GO go John Joe :-D

Bradley Wiggins The Belgian

"Bradley Wiggins (DOB 28 April 1980) was born in Ghent, Belgium, where his Australian father, Gary, an endurance cyclist, was based. When his parents separated in 1982, he moved to London with his mother to stay with his maternal grandparents at the Dibdin House estate in Maida Vale."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Wiggins

Lol so all those narrow minded people who define nationality "where you are born and thats it" please step foward and call Bradley Wiggins Belgian? Any? Thought not.

Isn't nationality in the state of the mind and not necessarily where you are born?

Mo Farrah Somalian etc? Its amazing how many British atheletes come from all sorts of different backgrounds, very nice to see. :)

Its interesting how this country seems to have such a problem with defining irishness, screaming plastic paddies etc, yet the Brits don't seem to have a problem with it.

What do you want us to say? In your "what Nationality am I?" thread, you said yourself you don't really support Ireland at sport, nor do your consider yourself Irish (apologies if I'm wrong). Why do you keep bringing this up?

What do you want us to say? In your "what Nationality am I?" thread, you said yourself you don't really support Ireland at sport, nor do your consider yourself Irish (apologies if I'm wrong). Why do you keep bringing this up?

Attention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

China with gold and bronze and Poland with silver already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Rumours of a betting scandal involving an Irish Athlete. More details to come!
    It's not a rumour, but there aren't many more details. The IOC and the Irish Olympic Council are looking in to it, according to the AP (on Fox News). They aren't going to identify the athlete or the sport until it's fully investigated.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

(apologies if I'm wrong).

Yeah you are wrong.

I noticed the weather forecast is looking pretty crap. Well lots of rain anyway for the first week/10 days which isn't a problem considering a lot of it is indoors, temps are barely hitting 20. Foreign athletes wont recognise it as a summer. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭cozar

Whole illusion was that it was one flame that travelled miles all over the world,
    They just ruined that illusion forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illusion ruined alright and all previous memories erased, (Ali lighting flame on a big stage etc) future hosts can do what they like now with the flame. i know years ago it was just the one flame for thousands of miles. :(

I've never watched the cycling before. I must say, they are bloody fit!

Exciting race too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How is Nicolas Roche doing in the cycling?

Haven't seen him near the front of chasing group. About 20km to go and chasers about a minute behind leading pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone know where I can watch the artistic gymnastics on the telly? Really wanna watch it :L

• Advertisement

I've noticed Wimbledon v2 has started today.

I thought I was going to hate the olympics with all pompus snarly attitude, but some of the sports such as tennis might be interesting. Federer favourite for the gold? I suspect he is. I hope its not Murray anyway.

BBC red button

I've noticed Wimbledon v2 has started today.

I thought I was going to hate the olympics with all pompus snarly attitude, but some of the sports such as tennis might be interesting. Federer favourite for the gold? I suspect he is. I hope its not Murray anyway.

Djokovic and Federer are joint favourites with Paddy 13/8

Murray third @ 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Deadly crash in the cycling

Oh no one of leaders just crashed out at corner.

He's soldering on though, but he won't finish anywhere unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Unfortunate for Cancellara

Djokovic and Federer are joint favourites with Paddy 13/8

Murray third @ 6/1

With Nadal out Murray should be looking at medal then. I think some of the fitness of these tennis players will be called into question, is it best of 5 sets?

Yeah he's hurt

With Nadal out Murray should be looking at medal then. I think some of the fitness of these tennis players will be called into question, is it best of 5 sets?

Best of three to the best of my knowledge - think its only the grand slams that have 5

Murray will probably get a medal, JW Tsonga is fourth fave @ a whopping 20/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

School teacher from Kilkenny Darren O'Neill is fighting in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

)'Neill boxing now on rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dont know how people are using BBC red button, when I try to select live olympics it just says "please wait..." all I want to see is judo, taekwondo and archery but doesnt look like Ill be getting to see any of it. Is there somwhere online that I can watch it?

Best of three to the best of my knowledge - think its only the grand slams that have 5

Murray will probably get a medal, JW Tsonga is fourth fave @ a whopping 20/1

Don't know what happened to Del Potro, former major winner, was expecting him to push Murray for 4th seed.

Roche is in the chasing group (peloton?), about a minute behind the leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

O'Neill is fighting well. Good match up this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Dont know how people are using BBC red button, when I try to select live olympics it just says "please wait..." all I want to see is judo, taekwondo and archery but doesnt look like Ill be getting to see any of it. Is there somwhere online that I can watch it?

Scroll up to the A-Z at the top of the screen. It shows what events you can watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Is this BBC red button only for sky viewers?

Cycle race finished:

Khazakstan gold
    Columbia silver
    Bronze tbc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Just looking at the boxing now. It's been long since proved conclusively that athletes wearing red have a competetive advantage over other colours. Wearing red should be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement