Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Phelps entered a final and didn't win a medal :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Phelps entered a final and didn't win a medal :eek:

He looked kind of shocked at the end there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Got to get me one of these red buttons....doesn't seem to work on UPC for BBC :(

Unfortunately upc doesn't offer the Red button interactive option :mad:. They need to up their game in that department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Unfortunately upc doesn't offer the Red button interactive option :mad:. They need to up their game in that department.

No they do have interactive on demand stuff - it just doesn't include BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

France vs Best Korea, women's football on BBC Olympics channel 10.

Just read a bit about Kieran Behan...wow! Great respect for that young man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Who's the hot Northern dude reporting on the swimming on RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hersheys wrote: »
    Who's the hot Northern dude reporting on the swimming on RTE?

I haven't seen him yet! Oooh male totty :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Watching the swimming now. I love the noise that signals the start of the race. It's the same noise for as long as I can remember. Kind of like an angry confused teenager "beep".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

leahyl wrote: »
    I haven't seen him yet! Oooh male totty :-D

wtf! :eek: I think we need a "Hottest women of the Olympics" thread! :D

• Advertisement

Watching a bit of handball now. GB vs Montenegro... GB currently losing 19-13

It looks like a properly fun sport actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

great swim by the chinese, only 16!

I see him now - yerra he's only alright!!

World Record smashed by 1.02 seconds in the Womens 400m Individual Medley, not exactly Usain Bolt territory but it was exciting to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

The officals standing there when the swimmers are leaving the arena remind me of chuggers :)

World Record smashed by 1.02 seconds in the Womens 400m Individual Medley, not exactly Usain Bolt territory but it was exciting to watch.

She's 16 :-O pretty incredible....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bill O'Herlihy is so very annoying. Makes me want to puke listening to him and he clearly knows nothing about swimming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Different strokes for different folks I guess

Yes I did just do a swimming joke about a swimmer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

China going well on the medal table already. USA are still favourites to top it though aren't they?

• Advertisement

Hersheys wrote: »

Different strokes for different folks I guess

Yes I did just do a swimming joke about a swimmer :)

Ba dum dum tish! :-P

She's 16 :-O pretty incredible....!

I know, about halfway on the final stretch it looked like she might just crack it and then she motored along like a mad thing. Fair play to her.

China going well on the medal table already. USA are still favourites to top it though aren't they?

Not so sure at all but China really are something else. They really are doing something right in terms of getting athletes to the elite level required (plus their not inconsiderate advantage in terms of population).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Bear in mind that at the previous split the leader was a second or two behind world record pace. And she was not the leader she made up well over 3 seconds in the last stroke to clinch the record. I think thats pretty impressive

Mmmmm brazilian swimmer can stroke my breasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

decies wrote: »
    Which county is your man from that's commentating on ladies basketball ?? Christ its dreadfull !!

I love him. DOWNTOWN!

• Advertisement

Mmmmm brazilian swimmer can stroke my breasts

heh heh........brazilian.

Namlub wrote: »
    I love him. DOWNTOWN!

Methinks he played NBA Jam in his younger days :D

Methinks he played NBA Jam in his younger days :D

what a game! I would often try to convince my younger brother that he had scored an "own basket" and mock him accordingly.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

So no medals for GB on day one? Suprising.

Didn't they get none in the first three days last time but still managed 19 golds?

I think the bookies at point had GB at evens to get 25 golds are more. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I love me some womens beach volleyball :D

• Advertisement

Bill really questioning why the Irish dont do well enough in swimming at the Olympics there! Unintentionally insulted the panellists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

So many sports, can't watch them all. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Just reading an interview with Mark Cavendish, don't know much about cycling but how can a man who finished 26th (ish) blame other people for him not winning it? It makes no sense to me. He said "the Australians were very negative". I'm not attacking the man but I don't understand the logic of what he is saying.

Those lads make the gymnastics vaulting look like it's something that comes naturally to people. I'd fcuking buckle myself before I got to the spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The swimming was amazing to watch.

Bit manky how some of the swimmers drink from the pool then spit it back in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

At times like this I really miss the BBC. Olympics just not the same on RTE.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Just reading an interview with Mark Cavendish, don't know much about cycling but how can a man who finished 26th (ish) blame other people for him not winning it? It makes no sense to me. He said "the Australians were very negative". I'm not attacking the man but I don't understand the logic of what he is saying.

There was a breakaway of 30 riders that got about 1 minute ahead of the peleton (Main Pack). Usually in normal cycling like the Tour De France, the peleton would work together to catch the breakaway. In todays race nobody bar the GB team tried to reel in the breakaway because they didnt want it to go to a sprint with Cavendish. The rest of the peleton wanted Team GB to use up all their energy and then they could take advantage of it towards the end. It was only until it was too late that the rest of the peleton realised that they had shot themselves in the foot by not helping the GB team in trying to catch the breakaway.

On the other hand, with so many riders in the breakaway. A lot of the peleton had team mates in the breakaway and probably wanted to protect them by not helping the GB team catch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

6th olympics for this geezer!

There was a breakaway of 30 riders that got about 1 minute ahead of the peleton (Main Pack). Usually in normal cycling like the Tour De France, the peleton would work together to catch the breakaway. In todays race nobody bar the GB team tried to reel in the breakaway because they didnt want it to go to a sprint with Cavendish. The rest of the peleton wanted Team GB to use up all their energy and then they could take advantage of it towards the end. It was only until it was too late that the rest of the peleton realised that they had shot themselves in the foot by not helping the GB team in trying to catch the breakaway.

On the other hand, with so many riders in the breakaway. A lot of the peleton had team mates in the breakaway and probably wanted to protect them by not helping the GB team catch them.

Really wanted to see this today, gutted I missed it. Good summary of what happened, hopefully RTE might show some highlights before their coverage finishes tonight.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    At times like this I really miss the BBC. Olympics just not the same on RTE.

:(

There's way too much talking on RTE imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Joking aside the Swiss Greek beach volleyball on at the minute is a very good game. Excitement aplenty

Namlub wrote: »
    There's way too much talking on RTE imo

I'm sure there was a link on the offical websites of previous winter and summer olympics allowing you to watch pretty much want you wanted.

Cant find anything though on the London2012 website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'm sure there was a link on the offical websites of previous winter and summer olympics allowing you to watch pretty much want you wanted.

Cant find anything though on the London2012 website.

This is the one i think
    http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

Its fully legit Mods

Amazing performance by british guy in gymnastics there (pommel horse) - don't know how they do that - some strength those gymnasts have!

This is the one i think
    http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

Its fully legit Mods

Thats the one. Time to start throttling my download limit.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

That's pretty much bang on. It shows how screwed they were by the fact that the number 1 and 2 in the tour de france had nothing left....not sure Froome even finished he was forced to work so hard. In the tour de france they would also have 8 or 9 riders in a team, not 4. 4 people is not enough to chase a significant break. The Brits were still in a TdF mindset, and that was their undoing

End of Day 1 - Medals Table

diego maradona – 25

nice very - 22

irish stew - 20

god... – 19

TadghSk – 17

pherekydes – 16

Jesus Shaves – 14

deftlefthand – 12

samich - 12

mars bar – 11

Kfallon – 10

mynameisurl – 10

sparks - 10

barney92 - 9

westendgirlie – 9

What's the story with the German badminton player, Schenk? She's in a match right now and has absolutely no support... no coach, no helpers etc. She's just on her own there. Commentators have said that it's very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

some strength those gymnasts have!

imagine what they're like in bed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement