Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Someone is getting sacked tonight anyway.

They introduced the North Korean players on the screen with the South Korean flag beside them. The players refused to come out and play. Kick off will be at 20:50 apparently!
    They've only gone and won the game 2-0. A NK propaganda writer's wet dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    They've only gone and won the game 2-0. A NK propaganda writer's wet dream.

I doubt they're really bothered what the actual score is at all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

People keep mentioning "red button on bbc". I neither have BBC, or even a television reception in my room. Is there anywhere the olympics is being livestreamed over the next few weeks?

Ill admit I havent even looked and am lazy. Leave me alone, I just woke up and feel like crap. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Proper Running order for tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

cocoshovel wrote: »
    People keep mentioning "red button on bbc". I neither have BBC, or even a television reception in my room. Is there anywhere the olympics is being livestreamed over the next few weeks?

Ill admit I havent even looked and am lazy. Leave me alone, I just woke up and feel like crap. :)

Google coolsportz.....that site usually streams live sports events but the link keeps changing for obvious reasons.

Or else download 'Ex Pat Shield' and watch it all thru the BBC iPlayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Here's a list of tuning frequencies for the 24 BBC Olympic streams for anyone with Freesat - http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/bbc_olympics_channels.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

I've begun to start planning my life around the Olympics schedule from travel to nights out to hobbies to boyfriend activities. :o

Sea Filly wrote: »
    I've begun to start planning my life around the Olympics schedule from travel to nights out to hobbies to boyfriend activities. :o

He'll be hoping for a gold medal in the Bedroom Olympics ;)
    Tho he prob wants to be the equivalent of a 10,000m Kenyan than Usain Bolt :p

Three football games on BBC2 today starting at 2.30, Spain, then Uruguay and finally 'Team GB'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

kfallon wrote: »
    He'll be hoping for a gold medal in the Bedroom Olympics ;)
    Tho he prob wants to be the equivalent of a 10,000m Kenyan than Usain Bolt :p

This is payback for curtailed bedroom activites when Liverpool are playing. :pac::P

• Advertisement

Sea Filly wrote: »
    This is payback for curtailed bedroom activites when Liverpool are playing. :pac::P

As a Liverpool fan myself I can honestly say there's no way I'd have passed up a bit of an 'undy grundy' to watch those fookers last season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Viewers for the GB match yesterday peaked at 2.5million.

Does anyone know where I can find a TV Guide for the BBC Olympic Channels?

I've tried google and have been unsuccessful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Ok guys your league table of countries as follows:

barney92 - Russia, GB, Australia, Germany, Japan, Belarus, Spain, Brazil, Kenya, Kazakhstan

deftlefthand – Australia, France, South Korea, Ukraine, Japan, Belarus, Canada, Netherlands, Brazil, Kazakhstan

diego maradona – USA, China, Russia, Australia, Italy, Japan, Cuba, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

god... – USA, China, Russia, Germany, France, South Korea, Japan, Spain, Canada, Kazakhstan

irish stew - USA, GB. Germany, South Korea, Italy, Ukraine, Japan, Netherlands, Brazil, Kenya

Jesus Shaves – USA, Russia, GB, Australia, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

Kfallon – GB, Australia, Italy, Cuba, Belarus, Spain, Canada, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

mars bar – Russia, Germany, France, South Korea, Japan, Cuba, Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, Jamaica

mynameisurl – USA, Russia, GB, Australia, Germany, Ukraine, Japan, Cuba, Belarus, Spain

nice very - USA, China, GB, Germany, France, South Korea, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Kenya

pherekydes – Russia, Australia, Germany, France, South Korea, Italy, Japan, Canada, Brazil, Kenya

samich - USA, Germany, France, Italy, Ukraine, Belarus, Spain, Canada, Netherlands, Kazakhstan

sparks - Russia, GB, Australia, Germany, South Korea, Italy, Ukraine, Belarus, Canada, Kenya

TadghSk – USA, Russia, GB, Australia, France, South Korea, Italy, Netherlands, Kenya, Kazakhstan

westendgirlie – GB, France, South Korea, Italy, Ukraine, Cuba, Spain, Canada, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

Spreadsheet ready and waiting and i'll post up a leader board as many mornings as I can.

C'mon Kazakhstan you big set of hairy, sexy bastards! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Are Jamaica entering a bobsled team this year?

Are Jamaica entering a bobsled team this year?

Oh dear.....that's the Winter Olympics!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So I take it only Kfallon and myself are playing the olympic league game.

Irish stew, I am disappointed :(

I'm sorry, missed that one. Whats it about?

mars bar – Russia, Germany, France, South Korea, Japan, Cuba, Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, Jamaica

Russia - might take a couple of golds in gymnastics? Perhaps the athletics too. A Russian won the long jump at the European Championships so fingers crossed.

Japan - have a chance to take gold or silver in the women's football.

Brazil - Hope it's a Japan v Brazil final in the women's and not the U.S now!

Spain - Spain and Brazil in the men's football final too! The Spanish are into the diving too aren't they?

Looking good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

God has USA and China, and Jesus has USA and GBR.

Fecking fixed!

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Not surprising - we're not hosting it, although technically the map should only show London.

Unlike the World Cup, Olympic Games are awarded to a host city not country.

But a number of events are also taking place out side of London. Football and sailing events to name two.

kfallon wrote: »
    Oh dear.....that's the Winter Olympics!!!

I was being slightly sarcastic, didn't work

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    God has USA and China, and Jesus has USA and GBR.

Fecking fixed!

Very happy with my countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

deftlefthand – Australia, France, South Korea, Ukraine, Japan, Belarus, Canada, Netherlands, Brazil, Kazakhstan

diego maradona – USA, China, Russia, Australia, Italy, Japan, Cuba, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

god... – USA, China, Russia, Germany, France, South Korea, Japan, Spain, Canada, Kazakhstan

is it me, or is it a bit coincidental that these three Boards user-names appear together??

I was being slightly sarcastic, didn't work

Stick to the miracles......

Jeez, I've only noticed now: Diego Maradona, aka the hand of God, has USA and China and Russia. :mad:

Bloody catholic fix! :pac:

Very happy with my countries

You didn't get Israel or Palestine, though. :pac:

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'm sorry, missed that one. Whats it about?

Our very own league table. You really should be partaking, this being your thread an' all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Our very own league table. You really should be partaking, this being your thread an' all :)

Well how do I get involved?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

awh nooo the Queen is opening the Olympics. Don't mind her, she's grand, but makes it seem like it's her olympics :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Boris should have had the honour!

• Advertisement

EchoO wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

mike65 wrote: »
    I think Boris should have had the honour!

Boris is great auld craic. Seems to act himself.

EchoO wrote: »

:D very Jimmy Savill-esque

This is the first time that I will have cheered on the home team at Old Trafford :D

C'mon Team GB!

This is the first time that I will have cheered on the home team at Old Trafford :D

C'mon Team GB!

Boo-urns :P

Cmon GB!

C'mon Team GB!

Booooooooooooooooo

Booooooooooooooooo

You can stop now. Suarez has left the pitch :D

Samich wrote: »
    awh nooo the Queen is opening the Olympics. Don't mind her, she's grand, but makes it seem like it's her olympics :(

It's always the head of state that opens the games.

mynameisurl – USA, Russia, GB, Australia, Germany, Ukraine, Japan, Cuba, Belarus, Spain

A great bunch of lads

and Cuba

• Advertisement

Thank beeb for the red button. I can watch Brazil.

GET IN !!!!!!

:)

10 Random Numbers

09 07 14 13 01 10 19 16 15 06

They're my numbers ;)

Jesus Shaves – USA, Russia, GB, Australia, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

Kfallon – GB, Australia, Italy, Cuba, Belarus, Spain, Canada, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

pherekydes – Russia, Australia, Germany, France, South Korea, Italy, Japan, Canada, Brazil, Kenya

samich - USA, Germany, France, Italy, Ukraine, Belarus, Spain, Canada, Netherlands, Kazakhstan

TadghSk – USA, Russia, GB, Australia, France, South Korea, Italy, Netherlands, Kenya, Kazakhstan

westendgirlie – GB, France, South Korea, Italy, Ukraine, Cuba, Spain, Canada, Kazakhstan, Jamaica

Spreadsheet ready and waiting and i'll post up a leader board as many mornings as I can.

There's ya countries samich :)

If I had China I'd be laughing :P

Go on the Egyptians!

• Advertisement

:eek:

:eek:

It's what you deserve when you fanny about with the ball and your centre backs are in the box.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's what you deserve when you fanny about with the ball and your centre backs are in the box.

:eek::eek:

:eek::eek:

Don't act like you're shocked :P

Well I'm in. What ever it is I'm in on.

17 18 06 04 08 16 01 11 10 09

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement