Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

good finish to the cycling, the Dutch winner seemed to have a massive mouth, is the British rider a daughter of your one who used to work in the shop in carnation st (mavis is it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Samich wrote: »
    They relayed it after last season AFAIK.

It looks to me likes it's clumping up although when you see a close up it doesn't look too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

This weather is ****ed up. Watched the race there in a monsoon downpour 10 minutes ago....and now the sun is splitting the stones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Canoeist currently in 6th out of 22 (i think) after everyone first run. Your best run of two counts, and the top 15 qualify for the semis, so he is in good shape :) he can have a real go at his second run now. He'll be going for a second time around 5 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cricketfan

Am I now, so who the fook died and made you chairman of the committee, you fire out a few well known facts, and this makes you ehh,

so you think the Polish guy who is now competing for Ireland has no chance at all, little is known about Tori Pena, the nature of the games can throw up strange results as the athletes tend to out perform their normal standard,

this is why we get world records and Olympic records broken, but yes the Irish are pure gombeens, how very dare we to think we might be better than the next.

OK, come back here and gloat when they win then. I don't think there's much chance. Just being realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I wonder how much the tickets are for the football,anyone know?
    No idea to be honest but surely they could have done better to attract more to the these games and other events .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Fair play to eoin with his run. Currently having my traditional 4 year cycle watch of the archery. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Elizabeth Tweddle doing brilliantly in gymnastics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Elizabeth Tweddle doing brilliantly in gymnastics.

She was amazing on the uneven bars. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Fair play to eoin with his run. Currently having my traditional 4 year cycle watch of the archery. Great stuff.

Haha, I just found myself complaining that the shadows of the arrows are making it hard to see the score!

• Advertisement

The archery is back!!!:)

its all wimmins stuff for the next few hours,, wimons synchronised diving, that should keep some of yis happy BBC1

Larianne wrote: »

I know :eek: Gymnastics has to be the best sport in the olympics. Especially the womens one :L

Anyone wrote: »
    Haha, I just found myself complaining that the shadows of the arrows are making it hard to see the score!

Ha just said that word for word to the person sitting next to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

ffs diving ?

meh

ffs diving ?

meh

Watch whatever you want to watch here:
    http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

list of what sport is on which camera: http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/epg/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Table tennis is extraordinary.

ffs diving ?

meh

but do you not see the beautiful synchronisation and very little splash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/london-2012/9434744/London-2012-Olympics-Empty-seats-on-the-opening-day-prompts-investigation.html#disqus_thread

Kinda ironic that nobody turns up because they've bankrupted themselves, which will only add to their 5 trillion debt. A gamble that did not pay off.

• Advertisement

but do you not see the beautiful synchronisation and very little splash.

meh!!!!!

Border-Rat wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/london-2012/9434744/London-2012-Olympics-Empty-seats-on-the-opening-day-prompts-investigation.html#disqus_thread

Kinda ironic that nobody turns up because they've bankrupted themselves, which will only add to their 5 trillion debt. A gamble that did not pay off.

There weren't a million people on the streets watching the cycle race, no? Take it somewhere else.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Dressage on earlier, wtf is that doing in d olympics, pure wind up. Why r the basketballer guys using a hot cross bun? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

steve9859 wrote: »
    There weren't a million people on the streets watching the cycle race, no? Take it somewhere else.....

So lets see, an article by the Telegraph on the Olympics, with over 1,000 comments is not worthy on a threat stickied for the Olympics?

Hopefully Rte will tevevise our badminton player later

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭whendovescry

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Hopefully Rte will tevevise our badminton player later

Do you know what time that is on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Ireland doing well in the sailing until that last leg.

Around 7.10pm afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Considering all tickets for many events were sold out , how many freebees were allocated to corporate groups and individuals who had no interest in the sport ? It's farcical when the public try and and can't buy any .

http://www.olympicsport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Schedule-for-Qualified-Athletes-3.pdf

Session starts at 7 09, rte seem to think she will play at 8 09

So lets see, an article by the Telegraph on the Olympics, with over 1,000 comments is not worthy on a threat stickied for the Olympics?

When you select one piece to make some kind of point (not sure what) and ignore the other pieces (many in the same paper) talking about the great crowds on the road race and at other venues (which are in the majority), no! Just trying to stir, I guess.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

All it says is the empty seats are largely due to no-shows from sponsors, corporates and IOC allocation. The only major venues with lack of ticket sales is football which is hardly surprising. And, in a move that I am sure will delight you, they have allowed off duty servicemen to use the vacant VIP seats. A nice reward for their hard work don't you think?

Such bitter posts. I do love the irony of the "they've bankrupted themselves" post, though. Keep that up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Namlub wrote: »
    Bit manky how some of the swimmers drink from the pool then spit it back in...
    if any of the Team GB swimmers want see gold in the swimming they've got to pee in the pool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

http://www.olympicsport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Schedule-for-Qualified-Athletes-3.pdf

Session starts at 7 09, rte seem to think she will play at 8 09

20:17 is the official start time.

See the official website.

Brazil win 3-1, Oscar looks like a quality player, great signing for Chelsea
    Can't see beyond Brazil for the gold medal with the quality they possess

Larianne wrote: »

Just saw the rerun of that. Holy crap :eek:

Does anyone know if Eoin's second run in the canoe will be shown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They are showing the comp now on RTE so i would imagine they are just waiting for his run.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have SKY / Freesat or Free to Air satellite you can all of the canoeing - see my previous posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Rascasse wrote: »
    All it says is the empty seats are largely due to no-shows from sponsors, corporates and IOC allocation. ...

The empty seats are a real disappointment imo as they are all the best locations. I was watching some of the swimming highlights earlier and while the gods was packed, the lower tier was practically empty. I suspect these seats are mostly sponsor ticket allocation. I would have loved a ticket to the aquatics but missed out in the lottery. It is then rather annoying to see people who weren't arsed to take up their free seats.

The IOC need to take a real hard look at themselves and ask whether the way they treat the host cities with their demands, really serves the goal of bring sport to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Wow, the Kazakh girl is trying to smash the clean and jerk WR. Already broken it today.

Oh no, she failed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Wow that Kazach was unbelievable in the Weight lifting

New WR:eek:

Am I right in thinking the first run should see Eoin into the semis?

Edit: nevermind, confirmed in semis :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Sparks43 wrote: »

http://admin.newstalk.ie/wp-content/files/2012/04/borat-flag-770131.jpg

Come on Kazakhstan, Great Success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The canoeing was great hopefully Eoins made it I think he has :).

Senegal beating Uruguay 1-0
    Suarez getting a few boo's again, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr-McBain

Feckin RTE Player keeps crashing and I have to keep refreshing. I'm dying for a dairy milk for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sparks43 wrote: »

Thanks to superior potassiums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

2-0 Senegal.

Am glued to the archery though! Korea/China women's final. Nice to see China actually competing for a medal :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Woohoo Eoin Rheinisch is through to the semis!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement