Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just saw the rerun of that. Holy crap :eek:

Hope she wins a medal. She really deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Does anyone else think this Golden score thing in the Judo could have been less suggestively named ???:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

wimmens in swimsuits yesssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Is it just me or does on of the Canadian volley players have a moustache?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Womens synchronised springboard was good. I'm stuck with rte here. Am I missing much gymnastics or diving?
    I should be able to get to a tv with BBC tonight. Hopefully they'll do some highlights. I'm a bit annoyed with rte. How much cycling have they had on. They're talking about boxing now again. I'm not watching this to listen to ****ing pundits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

cgpg5 wrote: »

Am glued to the archery though! Korea/China women's final. Nice to see China actually competing for a medal :D :pac:
    Very relaxing game to watch to ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Shryke wrote: »
    Womens synchronised springboard was good. I'm stuck with rte here. Am I missing much gymnastics or diving?
    I should be able to get to a tv with BBC tonight. Hopefully they'll do some highlights. I'm a bit annoyed with rte. How much cycling have they had on. They're talking about boxing now again. I'm not watching this to listen to ****ing pundits!

Use this eurovisionsports.tv you can watch most of the event live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Shryke wrote: »

There's way to much analysis on RTE, for some reason they have an all ex boxer panel, some of them can't even talk properly never mind give a detailed analysis.

Holy crap the water polo has lasers n stuff!?!!?!? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does on of the Canadian volley players have a moustache?

yes I noticed that mesen.

• Advertisement

As quoted by another poster in another thread

''They reported on Sky and the beeb that corporate sponsors blocked booked rows of seats at multiple events that were taking place at the same time. So basically the greedy bástards were buying up tickets everywhere. The fact that they were allowed to do this is a disgrace. I mean how can you be at the gymnastics, swimming and volleyball events all at the same time? The organisers have only themselves to blame for this.

Then you have hundreds of thousands of people who were desperate for tickets and couldn't get any. The corporate Juggernaut always takes precedence over the ordinary man and woman on the street. Hopefully they will fill them now for free. But if they do, it will be more to do with saving further embarrassment over empty seats rather that any altruistic principles.''

Latchy wrote: »
    As quoted by another poster in another thread

''They reported on Sky and the beeb that corporate sponsors blocked booked rows of seats at multiple events that were taking place at the same time. So basically the greedy bástards were buying up tickets everywhere. The fact that they were allowed to do this is a disgrace. I mean how can you be at the gymnastics, swimming and volleyball events all at the same time? The organisers have only themselves to blame for this.

Then you have hundreds of thousands of people who were desperate for tickets and couldn't get any. The corporate Juggernaut always takes precedence over the ordinary man and woman on the street. Hopefully they will fill them now for free. But if they do, it will be more to do with saving further embarrassment over empty seats rather that any altruistic principles.''

why :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

For any interested an absolute cracking game on centre court in Wimbledon. 5th seed Jo Tsonga a set down to the mighty powerful Brazilian Bellucci. Hard to avoid the beach volleyball though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I see China are still topping the medal table.

Is this girl Adlington expecting to get gold?

why :confused:
    Why ?

you'll have to ask the International Olympic Committee / Corporate Sponsors why .

She scrapped into the final, and it's her weaker event I think. Any medal would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

She's defending champ but this is her weaker distance, and it's a very deep field she's up against.

A medal is the best she can realistically hope for, but she wasn't favourite to win in 08 either so you never know.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    She scrapped into the final, and it's her weaker event I think. Any medal would be good.

yes since she Qualified the BBC are underplaying it saying she more than likely will not get a medal now (they are learning) she is the defending champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Am I the only one to find the display of well toned female flesh in the synchronised diving quite distracting? :o

Jesus

Ian Thorpe on BBC just said that the Chinese girl who won the medley last night did her last 100m freestyle in .07 seconds slower than the US guy who won did his :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Couple of saucy looking fillies on the UK women's hockey team :D

RTE dont appear to be showing the badminton live, hopefully it'll be online or on bbc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

mike65 wrote: »
    Am I the only one to find the display of well toned female flesh in the synchronised diving quite distracting? :o

I like the athletic types. The diving is one of my favourites. It was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Surely the 15year old kid swimmer has been drug tested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Patsy fyre wrote: »

I think a lot of questions are being asked so I'd say she will be soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

Finally some sporting action on RTE, the overdone analysis makes it look like a chat show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Chinese have developed a tiny motor that added 50% power to her. She says shes fartign the whole time but we know different.:):)

mike65 wrote: »

Do nothing for me. Not a bewb among them.

The Chinese have developed a tiny motor that added 50% power to her. She says shes fartign the whole time but we know different.:):)
    Was wondering why she was seen drinking a can of wd40.

• Advertisement

Finally some sporting action on RTE, the overdone analysis makes it look like a chat show.

It'd really have to be your only option to bother with RTE. The only time BBC has been off my telly in the last 2 days was for a bit of Big Bang Theory earlier when it got a bit slow.:)

These swimming birds are hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do nothing for me. Not a bewb among them.

But some have thighs that could crack your nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

Dana wins... and gets her deposit back!

Theres no faffing about with the swimming is there? Out , strip, on the blocks, go, out , in the dressing room. The 100m in the athletics take sabout 5 times longer and its only 10s long :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How the hell did water polo ever make it into the Olympics? It looks like a game you'd play pissed while on holiday in Majorca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr-McBain

I was watching the Judo earlier and I'm telling ya there should be talent scouts waiting outside CopperFaceJacks on a Saturday night to find the next Olympic champion. Just get em drunk and offer them a kebab as a prize in addition to a medal and they'll bring home the bacon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

that 15 yr old Lithuanian swimmer is a class act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

So I'm watching team GB in the football and nobody has dived yet. What's all that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Are the Japanese female gymnasts tiny or are they children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

leahyl wrote: »
    I think a lot of questions are being asked so I'd say she will be soon enough

Every medal winner is drug tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Adlington takes bronze - the first two were out in front the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Fair play Adlington!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sheeps wrote: »
    So I'm watching team GB in the football and nobody has dived yet. What's all that about?

They are not in the Aquatic Center:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Great swim from Becky there. Amazing work.

Anyone know how the badminton player is doing?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone know how the badminton player is doing?

Still banging away at the cock.

At what point in time did swimmers all turn into oversized paddlefooted freaks ?

Non of them look normal!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

At what point in time did swimmers all turn into oversized paddlefooted freaks ?

They're Olympic athletes, their bodies aren't 'normal'. Isn't Michael Phelps on like 10,000 calories a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I think you would find that being a paddlefooted freak is an advantage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Italy the leading European nation at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement