Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Gemma Gibbons has the silver she has to fight for the gold, she burst into tears of relief and joy, the home crowd on their feet this is why I love the olympics. A great sporting moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johne30

well done hanna craig in canoieng final , , funny thing she from antrim but rowers from derry and competing for gb . some country , ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

How many times has Jimmy Magee mentioned GAA now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

I love Jimmy Magee but the man should have been put out to pasture years ago. Hasn't a breeze whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

That is that anyway... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Darren O'Neill's going home.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Was just looking for tickets online, can't find ANY for the weekend for anything! Women's boxing on Monday are available, is Katie fighting then? Would have to take a half day

They put 150,000 tickets extra on sale last night but it looks like not only have they all gone but a lot of the last few spare tickets for anything have gone now as well. I did a search for between Sat 4th and Sunday 12th and there were more than 100 sessions with tickets last night, then 28 a couple of hours and 24 just now.

Keep looking though - some keep going up throughout the day and they're putting an average of 3,000 tickets on at midnight each night for the next day so if you're in and around the area then you've got a chance if you're lucky.

I'm lucky enough to have tickets for half a dozen events next week but I'm hoping to get some more.

Namlub wrote: »
    It's their choice. Nice sentiment though, classy.
    Yea their choice ok , but they competed when they were young for ireland , take the funding and then give us two fingers . h craig is from unionst background in antrim , yet she competing for ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Beefy78 wrote: »
    They put 150,000 tickets extra on sale last night but it looks like not only have they all gone but a lot of the last few spare tickets for anything have gone now as well. I did a search for between Sat 4th and Sunday 12th and there were more than 100 sessions with tickets last night, then 28 a couple of hours and 24 just now.

Keep looking though - some keep going up throughout the day and they're putting an average of 3,000 tickets on at midnight each night for the next day so if you're in and around the area then you've got a chance if you're lucky.

I'm lucky enough to have tickets for half a dozen events next week but I'm hoping to get some more.

But I can only search per event? Not by all events, so it's frustrating!
    Darren O'Neill just got nailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

johne30 wrote: »
    well done hanna craig in canoieng final , , funny thing she from antrim but rowers from derry and competing for gb . some country , ireland

Grow up.

• Advertisement

IrishAm wrote: »
    I love Jimmy Magee but the man should have been put out to pasture years ago. Hasn't a breeze whats going on.
    LIKE ALL THE IRISH PEOPLE IN THIS OLYMPICS , PATHETIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

From watching the Olympics from day 1, Gemma Gibbons reaction to getting to the final was probably the most poignant moment of the tournament so far. Pointing to the sky she can be clearly seen mouthing "I love you Mom". First time I've been genuinely chuffed to see one of the home athletes win. That and Chad le Clos' reaction to beaten Phelps to gold have been the epitome of the emotional and physical investment these young athletes put in their lives for what is essentially a few minutes of competitive action. Inspirational.

AH answer: That Gemma Gibbons could bodyslam me any day of the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

IrishAm wrote: »

Wtf?

It is the olympics and the cream of the athletic world, Besides it is still early daysto cast that judgement.

But I can only search per event? Not by all events, so it's frustrating!
    Darren O'Neill just got nailed

You should be able to search for all events on the London2012 site. Just don't select an specific sport.

There's only four sessions still avialable this weekend though - Women's football at Glasgow & Cardiff and women's volleyball at Earls Court (£55) tomorrow and Gymnastics (£115 & £185) on Saturday.

From watching the Olympics from day 1, Gemma Gibbons reaction to getting to the final was probably the most poignant moment of the tournament so far. Pointing to the sky she can be clearly seen mouthing "I love you Mom". First time I've been genuinely chuffed to see one of the home athletes win. That and Chad le Clos' reaction to beaten Phelps to gold have been the epitome of the emotional and physical investment these young athletes put in their lives for what is essentially a few minutes of competitive action. Inspirational.

AH answer: That Gemma Gibbons could bodyslam me any day of the week!
    Ditto

It was a great sporting moment I rewinded on the Sky+ and watched it a few times more. The reaction of the crowd was brilliant as well.

It is an incredibly tense sport to watch. I think I have found another Olympic sport to look out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mod:
    If you post here again, i will ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Having a sneaky look at the livefeed website.

The cycling meant to start at 3 but livefeed not started yet :confused:

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Grow up.
    lot of people up north on both sides agree with my views . goin to have war over mc illroy in 4 years time in rio . If a sport is all ireland then you compete for ireland , plain and simple

Mod: Banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Don't think it's starting until around 4

watching the canooing, rivetting stuff

Now I am watching the shooting and it looks like GB are going to get another medal more then likely a gold.

Right I have to get off this chair and do a bit of exercise, these olympics are bad for my health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

best of look to Craig in final. Great achievement so far.

Colmustard wrote: »
    Now I am watching the shooting and it looks like GB are going to get another medal more then likely a gold.

Right I have to get off this chair and do a bit of exercise, these olympics are bad for my health.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The final is soon right?

• Advertisement

GB win gold in the canoeing. First time in four Olympics that the Slovakian pair haven't won. Crowd are great.

2 weeks every 4 years ;) C'mon we can feel guilty together :D

All the competitors put their hearts (and fit bodies) into it. Hard luck France, c'mere......I'll cuddle ya when your crying ;)

Peter Wilson GB has won gold in the mens double trap shooting.

Welldone.

Fair play Peter!

Gee GB are flying now!

• Advertisement

Man, I wish I was watching this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,823 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Glad that the two rowers from derry didn't get gold , why won't the compete for ireland ,

Great contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,823 ✭✭✭✭bilston

watching the canooing, rivetting stuff

Never thought I'd ever get excited over Canoeing!

I'd say GB might get top 5 medals table at this rate

I'd say GB might get top 5 medals table at this rate

Easily I'd say

God, I wish Ireland excelled at at least ONE sport :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Easily I'd say

Finally edge ahead of N. Korea ;)

The GB gold rush is on now - and before the velodrome starts up too.

There was some atmosphere at canoeing. The British crowd have been brilliant tbf

My God that canooing was amazing Gold and silver for Team GB, the crowd are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

My God that canooing was amazing Gold and silver for Team GB, the crowd are great.

Really amazing scenes, made all the better by a shot of a crying frenchman :P

Another really exciting event that I would never in the past have paid any sort of attention to that I ended up really emotionally involved with. Love that about the olympics!

• Advertisement

Sir Chris Hoy coming up. Here comes some more gold!

Good luck Hannah Craig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The women's Archery literally went down to the last arrow. Sudden death! Closest to the centre wins. Both archers were hitting 9's but Ki hit 8 for the sudden death. Gave Roman the chance to take it but she couldn't and hit an 8 but it was further out.

C'mon Hannah Craig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Hannah Craig currently in gold medal position

Oh dear... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not great was it?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Not great was it?

Shame. Good achievement making the final all the same!

Proper commentary please!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Check that you have local time selected on the guide (if that's what your going by).

• Advertisement

I would love to have a go on that canoeing course, I am not talking about going through the gates just getting to the end would suffice.

I would probably be upside down for half of it and drowned but it would be worth it.

Tough Luck Hanna Craig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement