Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I am watching the ladies water polo, bloody hell what a gruellingly difficult sport, the level of fitness must be huge, all the athletes look like goddesses just to add to my enjoyment.

I wonder which sport is the most physically gruelling, the rowing, the cycle road race, the marathon, the triathlon, boxing, judo, maybe the 100k walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

The shooting was quite good. RTE probably wouldn't broadcast it for fear of being seen as 'insensitive to the victims of gun violence'. Actually I'm surprised that the BBC broadcast it.

Sorry but that's a load of bolix :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Come on Del Potro!

Originally Posted by RedRightHand
    The shooting was quite good. RTE probably wouldn't broadcast it for fear of being seen as 'insensitive to the victims of gun violence'. Actually I'm surprised that the BBC broadcast it.

Come-on I think people know when they are looking at a peaceful sport rather then anything violent. If what you say is even remotely true surely they couldn't show boxing because they would be insensitive to victims of violence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Wow our Annalise is a good bit ahead in 1st place now overall, came 2nd today in first race

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Colmustard wrote: »
    I wonder which sport is the most physically gruelling, the rowing, the cycle road race, the marathon, the triathlon, boxing, judo, maybe the 100k walk.

A 100k walk? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

mens trampoline final coming on rte after the break, something you dont see everyday, should be a bit of craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

I am watching the ladies water polo, bloody hell what a gruellingly difficult sport, the level of fitness must be huge, all the athletes look like goddesses just to add to my enjoyment.

There is no 100k walk only 20k and 50k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

GB starting to rake in the medals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

And that is surely that!!! Delpo crumpled really there. Cracking effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Wow our Annalise is a good bit ahead in 1st place now overall, came 2nd today in first race

Is this on TV? It was very important that she did well in the first couple of races today.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

PP offering DelPotro @ 15/1 to win the match..will I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He's not finished yet.

Breaks back immediately. Brilliant tennis this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Race 8 underway, Go Annalise!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Wow Federer breaks del Portro who breaks him right back. 10-10 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Good to see Annalise bouncing back today at Portland.

Big Ben Ainslie looks to be on the war path too. Sounded like he was hard done by in yesterday's races and seemed really determined to get back into gold contention in his interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

RTE's online coverage is woeful... they've just posted this on their website:

'Annalise Murphy has extended her overall lead in the women's Laser Radial. She now holds a six point lead over second-placed Evi Van Acker of Germany, who's in second place.'

How many facts can you get wrong in such a short statement?

marco_polo wrote: »
    Race 8 underway, Go Annalise!!!!

Where are you watching that? I can't find it on the BeeB

RTE's online coverage is woeful... they've just posted this on their website:

'Annalise Murphy has extended her overall lead in the women's Laser Radial. She now holds a six point lead over second-placed Evi Van Acker of Germany, who's in second place.'

How many facts can you get wrong in such a short statement?

Did you never read their Aertel stuff. I did a bet on some Gaelic football a few months ago and came back to check the scores. Roared my head off as all my bets were up ONLY to find later that they had posted two wrong scores.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Where are you watching that? I can't find it on the BeeB

Wish I was :), only watching in text form, twitter, FB, London2012 site etc.

Did you never read their Aertel stuff. I did a bet on some Gaelic football a few months ago and came back to check the scores. Roared my head off as all my bets were up ONLY to find later that they had posted two wrong scores.

Whooe what a sickner.

You would think RTE would switch to the sailing on the grounds we have a medal prospect, RTE this is not the time for trampolining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

All the sailing on the live feed is replays :confused:

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Hon DELPO. What a game!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Oh oh, the Belgian is leading race 8 with Annalise down in 13th, which would move the Belgian ahead on points. Still very early in that race though.

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Hon DELPO. What a game!!!

The Olympics might have to be extended.

Is Del Potro's name on the trophy ?

Whooe what a sickner.

You would think RTE would switch to the sailing on the grounds we have a medal prospect, RTE this is not the time for trampolining.

For once not RTEs fault apparently, it seems there are only cameras providing full race coverage for one day in each sailing category (excluding the medal races of course). Unfortunately the womens laser had its turn earlier in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Annalise up to 8th, regains overall lead

• Advertisement

Annalise back up to 8th, which would keep her in 1st. Still not half way through race 8 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

marco_polo wrote: »
    For once not RTEs fault apparently, it seems there are only cameras providing full race coverage for one day in each sailing category (excluding the medal races of course). Unfortunately the womens laser had its turn earlier in the week.

Well the boards.ie commentators are so much better anyway :D

The track cycling is back on, I just watched a heat with Victoria Pendleton I would be shocked if she doesn't get gold as she is in such form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

LMAO at the mad pace bike in the velodrome

oh no, Belgan is in 2nd, the way things are Annalise will only be a point ahead. Hope she can win it tomorrow, only one race left.

Better now, up to 7th - 3 Point gap and right behind the Dutch girl who was also closing on her in the points

• Advertisement

up to 7th get in!

nice_very wrote: »

Yeah a kind of postman pat amongst elite athletes. What is it doing there just let them rip is what i say.

Possibly fifth now, awaiting definate confirmation.

Is she there yet, is she there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

nice_very wrote: »

The guy riding it is a giant! :eek:

• Advertisement

she's joint 1st overall now and down to 9th, belgian in lead

9th, Joint 1st overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Why aren't RTE showing the sailing? Where are ye watching it ? not on the red button either.

Ah here there obviously stuff going on in that race to do with what line you're taking in each leg.

Annalise down to 9th, the Dutch girl flew up to 4th and most importantly Belgian in 1st, so Annalise all square now but still 3 legs to go and at each switch there's a lot of positions being jumped

Dong Dong does the trampoline
    What a fantastic name :pac:

Just thinking the technology that goes into those bikes is truly space age, its weird when a bicycle is more expensive then my car when it was new.

On last leg now and Annalise is 10th , Belgian has won!

Edit: Finished 10th, so has lost overall lead to the Belgian and the Dutch girl is only 2 points behind as well.

Patser wrote: »

But is she still a medal prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Patser wrote: »

Edit: Finished 10th, so has lost overall lead to the Belgian and the Dutch girl is only 2 points behind as well.
    The finish is on BBC red button now.

squeaky bum time!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement