Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Alan Campbell is one tough dude. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Patser wrote: »
    On last leg now and Annalise is 10th , Belgian has won!

Edit: Finished 10th, so has lost overall lead to the Belgian and the Dutch girl is only 2 points behind as well.

Hmmm, I think we can predict how this will end. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Jaysus lads, she's second in a field of 40. It's hardly the end of the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Federar 17-17 all in the tiebreaker in the tennis Federar vs the guy from Argentia.

Longest game in olympic history.

Some dope has a baby crying and roaring in the crowd. The should bate the parents around the place with the racket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

C'mon Annalise !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

but these races are only to qualify for the medal race.. so a top 10 finish will qualify her, the medal races are what really count and worth double points too

Federer just broke serve at 18-17. serving for the win. 4 hours 20 mins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

el diablo wrote: »
    Hmmm, I think we can predict how this will end. :(

Well hopefully tomorrow ends with Annalise in a great position for the medal race on Sunday. Kinda like she is at this very moment. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

yeah it was that 19th that messed everthing up. Who knows what will happen in the last 2

• Advertisement

Federer wins 20-18 in the tie breaker. some serious games of tennis in these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Yep, in the 2 races today the Finnish Girl finished near the top twice and looked very consistent but when you look at her results she had a 19th and a 22nd to her name too. I bad race from the Belgian and Annalise is away again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Del Potro looked devastated. Don't blame him, such a cool tennis player too, pity he had to go out so agonizingly close to the final

nice_very wrote: »
    but these races are only to qualify for the medal race.. so a top 10 finish will qualify her, the medal races are what really count and worth double points too

wait, what??? I thought it was just overall??

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    wait, what??? I thought it was just overall??

Is it not the top ten get into the medal race, but the medal race is worth double points compared to the races before it. The points accumulated across the other races still count but you can discard your worse race?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Patser wrote: »
    Yep, in the 2 races today the Finnish Girl finished near the top twice and looked very consistent but when you look at her results she had a 19th and a 22nd to her name too. I bad race from the Belgian and Annalise is away again!

Yeah, the 19th and 22nd are really hurting her at the moment. Still, 4 1st's, a 2nd, a 8th and a 10th is a pretty decent performance for her so far. As you say another good race from her and a poor one from those around her and she's in pole position again

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    Is it not the top ten get into the medal race, but the medal race is worth double points compared to the races before it. The points accumulated across the other races still count but you can discard your worse race?

Discarding the worst place and the double points will really mix things up.

oh wow, so she can get rid of the 19th. Wow, what an achievement though, all these races she has had to compete in, seems like a lot of work! I really hope Ryan Tubridy dies or something so the poor girl wont have to talk to him on the Late Late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

oh wow, so she can get rid of the 19th. Wow, what an achievement though, all these races she has had to compete in, seems like a lot of work! I really hope Ryan Tubridy dies or something so the poor girl wont have to talk to him on the Late Late!

What?

garv123 wrote: »
    Discarding the worst place and the double points will really mix things up.

It will for sure. The medal race will be pretty exciting.

Yeah she can discard the 19th, it's only fair I think as It's a lot of pressure to perform across all the races without a hiccup. I hope no one reminds her of the compulsory Late Late appearance... she might take off the gas on purpose if she realises! :p

What?

Come on she'll be on it if she gets a medal.
    Anyway I think my head is going to explode, following her in the sailing, tennis on on another screen, the big screen in the office showing the athletics, posting on forums about sports, it's just too much sport, I can't handle it, might leave the TV off when I get home and meditate or something

• Advertisement

It will for sure. The medal race will be pretty exciting.

Yeah she can discard the 19th, it's only fair I think as It's a lot of pressure to perform across all the races without a hiccup. I hope no one reminds her of the compulsory Late Late appearance... she might take off the gas on purpose if she realises! :p

Her 19, 10 and 8 are the 3 highest places out of the top three. Lets hope she keeps the next races down low.

I hope no one reminds her of the compulsory Late Late appearance... she might take off the gas on purpose if she realises! :p

lol that's hilarious, anyone having to go on that is probably the excuse from any poor Olympics performance from the Irish teams, even worse now with that gob****e being the host!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Just turned on the tennis match betwen Serena Williams & Azarenka. Centre Court is practially empty! Was it like this for the Federer v Del Potro match or have people just gone to stretch their legs as that was such a long match?

Just turned on the tennis match betwen Serena Williams & Azarenka. Centre Court is practially empty! Was it like this for the Federer v Del Potro match or have people just gone to stretch their legs as that was such a long match?

was jammed, they're all knackered probably, it should fill back up i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Very unprofessional conduct by RTE in their coverage of the basketball. I get it that its not a huge sport over here but thats no reason to mock it by having the commentators take the piss. It just so disrespectful to have two 'comedians' going over the top for the sake of a few cheap laughs. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

rte coverage is pretty poor imo, they always seem to show big events 15 mins after its on bbc (I have rte bbc1 bbc3) just like they are showing the end of the tennis now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Very unprofessional conduct by RTE in their coverage of the basketball. I get it that its not a huge sport over here but thats no reason to mock it by having the commentators take the piss. It just so disrespectful to have two 'comedians' going over the top for the sake of a few cheap laughs. :mad:

I think those lads are genuinely that excited.....

In fairness to RTE, they just don't have the budget to cover all of this, it's a crazy amount of sport, and there aren't even any cameras on the Annalise event for e.g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Some Americians are fans of Timmy's style anyway...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/33841/this-irish-tv-announcer-needs-to-start-calling-nba-games-immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mods ban this poster !
    Whats your problem man ? They're not taking the piss they are enjoying the game. I think they are great. Especially Timmy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

woooooosssssshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

And Cheerleaders! What's up with that?

Most of them aren't even basketball players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

:eek:

New world record from GB in the womens team pursuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Wow! They just destroyed the rest of the field. Can't see anyone beating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Think it's a new WR for every GB rider in a timed event so far.

Pendleton up next, C'mon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Pendleton made that look very easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

nice_very wrote: »
    rte coverage is pretty poor imo, they always seem to show big events 15 mins after its on bbc (I have rte bbc1 bbc3) just like they are showing the end of the tennis now :(

Easy for the BBC with two channels showing it full time and then all the extra red button stuff they have.

• Advertisement

BBC had Will and Harry in the studio there, Harry seems like a guy that'd be great craic on a night out.

Another WR for Great Britain in the mens team pursuit, and absolutely destroyed Australia

Another gold/WR for cyclists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

BBC had Will and Harry in the studio there, Harry seems like a guy that'd be great craic on a night out.

They'd have to bring their granddad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Britain's national sport!

Incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

New WR, incredible stuff in the velodrome by Team GB!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

That was amazing, the crowd a WR and a gold for GB.

great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

bwatson wrote: »
    Britain's national sport!

Incredible!

It really is beginning to look like that, cycling is actually France's national sport.

Trying to think of how many countries have dominated a big sport so emphatically, and haven't been caught doing something illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

The fencing is brilliant

titan18 wrote: »
    Trying to think of how many countries have dominated a big sport so emphatically, and haven't been doing something illegal.
    Jamaica in the sprints?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement