Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Bye Bye G.A.Ay

it's been emotional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ignore button all. The Ignore Button.

Before its too late

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

G.A.A.y.
    Banned.y.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

G.A.Ay wrote: »
    How does stating the fact that the lad is from Belfast and thus had use of GB's facilities a bigoted remark?

He trained with and is funded by the IABA :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

G.A.Ay wrote: »
    I'm making a valid point -- the amount of 'Team Ireland' competitors with Northern accents is utterly farcical.:rolleyes:

I'm confused, help me out here... What's your problem with an Irish boxer, who boxes for the Irish Amateur Boxing Association, boxing for Ireland in the Olympics. Is there something I'm missing :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I'm confused, help me out here...

You are not really. G.A.A.y is the one who is confused. He has ventured outside the parochial world of the G.A.A. and it has muddled up his little mind.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

COYW wrote: »
    You are not really. G.A.A.y is the one who is confused. He has ventured outside the parochial world of the G.A.A. and it has muddled up his little mind.

Ah. You noticed he was a fan of the GAA then?

:pac:

Let's move on from the troll folks please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Delighted for Murray, earlier. Both men were taking it just as seriously as a slam,too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Delighted for Murray, earlier. Both men were taking it just as seriously as a slam,too.

I'm not so sure. If it was a Grand Slam event then Murray would not've won.

If Federer really wants that gold medal then it's his.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »

I think today showed that he has his weak moments.

Going to be fascinating, Federer takes the Olympics very seriously, but Murray will still be angry privately over a few weeks ago. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can see an up to date medals table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Official Site

or just google "medal table"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just in response to the Louise Hazel and Jessica Ennis debate earlier on in this thread:

Yeah they're hot, but neither of them are Katarina Johnson-Thomson!! :):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

At Wimbledon earlier this year, I reckon Murray would have beaten Djorkovic over 5 sets.

Both men will want this badly, gearing up to be a fascinating contest. Mens game is so strong at the moment in stark contrast to the utter dross that is the women's game. Nobody seems able to take advantage of Serena Williams' obvious limitations in movement around the court, who simply dominates with brute force.

Still reckon tennis shouldn't be in the Olympics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wilberto wrote: »
    Just in response to the Louise Hazel and Jessica Ennis debate earlier on in this thread:

Ennis, Johnson-Thompson, Hazel in that order for me.

jessicaennis.jpg

Thats Gold baby.

katarinajohnsonthompson.jpg

1269401825.jpg

EDIT, Dammit, no embedding? Boo -urns

Ennis,, Johnson-Thompson, Hazel in that order for me.

Pics please (to help me decide)..

Google images is not coming up great for decent pics of Louise Hazel. Shes a cracker though.

Looked very well on A League Of Their Own a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Pictures are displayed in AH on mobile, honestly I like the mobile site nearly more than the main one.
    Ennis is a stunning woman. A joy to watch as are most competitors in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes, jessica ennis is nice lookin

but she's got no tits ..and thats a big no no in my book

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Elodie Clouvel tbh. In a totally non-lesbian way...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Namlub wrote: »
    Elodie Clouvel tbh. In a totally non-lesbian way...

It's okay. You're allowed to be lesbian for her....... :):):D
    EDIT: *He says after googling her*

I can understand why people would prefer Ennis alright, but I think it's the darker hair of Katarina that does it for me. Might sound strange I know but meh....that's just me!!! :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Google images is not coming up great for decent pics of Louise Hazel.

O Rly

13622_Louise-Hazel-for-Fairtrade.jpg

Schwiiing wrote: »
    O Rly

I had deliberatley skipped that when I was tryign to embed. Thought it might send some of our mor eweak hearted users over the edge.

O Rly

That pic gives her an unfair advantage over the others!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

O Rly

That looks like a womans head on a mans body. No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

That looks like a womans head on a mans body. No thanks.

Now that you mention it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Wilberto wrote: »

Yes I agree. Noticed her myself earlier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There is nothing more attractive than an athletic female than competes in sport

• Advertisement

In general I have loved the Olympics, but one thing that kind of bothers me is the logo.

Anyone else think it is the most unappealing one in Olympics history? Also the theory going around that you can see the word 'ZION' out of it.

I couldn't imagine buying a t-shirt with it, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

fryup wrote: »
    yes, jessica ennis is nice lookin

but she's got no tits ..and thats a big no no in my book

Her tits are the least of her genetic anomalies if you take them all into account.. the other 99% do her justice.

Main thing I'd have against her is the fact that she could outrun me =p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ah come on now, she can't be classed as a babe with two pancakes for breasts

Runners don't generally have big boobs, what are you expecting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I imagine having a very low body fat percentage would reduce the boob region a fair bit.

In general I have loved the Olympics, but one thing that kind of bothers me is the logo.

Anyone else think it is the most unappealing one in Olympics history? Also the theory going around that you can see the word 'ZION' out of it.

I couldn't imagine buying a t-shirt with it, for example.

The problem with the logo, apart from the fact it is sh!t, is that it looks like Lisa Simpson giving Bart head. And I mean it really looks like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

had to skip the last few hours of posts cos I was out and recorded the rte coverage of the Irish athletes tonight, watching now...

Shryke wrote: »
    The problem with the logo, apart from the fact it is sh!t, is that it looks like Lisa Simpson giving Bart head. And I mean it really looks like it.

Not talking about you, but I love how people are still pointing that out thinking they're being really original and funny...
    (Still accurate though)

Namlub wrote: »
    Shryke wrote: »

Not talking about you, but I love how people are still pointing that out thinking they're being really original and funny...
    (Still accurate though)

That wasn't my intention. I haven't seen it said in here, it's the olympics thread and the logo was mentioned. I didn't mean to rehash some tired bs.
    Anyway no offence taken.

I really wasn't aiming that at you, just making an observation because your post reminded me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yet another desperate day for the Irish. By God's grace the heavens opened and allowed Cuddihy's average time to achieve a semi final. Our track and field will undoubtedly yield nothing so we all look to Taylor. She should medal at least, as she just has to win one fight to do so, (Which brings into question the credibility of women's boxing?) Devalued........

Hopeful our sailing girl Murphy can claim something. I fear another blowout for her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Someday the ISC will realise that investment is something you do *before* you get results and we might get a bit of a stick to swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Someday the ISC will realise that investment is something you do *before* you get results and we might get a bit of a stick to swing.

London was the aim for our progression in the games. The home event if you will. But yet the reality is apart from a couple of boxing medals (hopefully) it will once again be abject failure for Team Ireland, the grants are being wasted on these losers. I guess we all better blame the GAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

There is something about sport and its supporters that transcends bigotry, even during the american apartheid black athletes were still gods on the field of sport. We are all equal in this endeavour, I could have been an elite long jumper or triple jumper but I wasn't, and so what, we all could have excelled somewhere in life but most us don;t. So I will not disrespect those who did, and , really, they did it for themselves and not for their geological location. I have just admiration for them. So as a supporter of sport, I will shout for team GB, because their athletes are close to me, I know their stories and admire their discipline and wish I could have had it.

The Olympics are that way, just a bunch of human beings in peaceful competition, its a cultural human achievement and very special.
    London are the perfect hosts and doing a sterling job, enjoy it, and appreciate the pure human achievement of 208 nations together in games where no-one dies, but the result means so much.

Cultural events like this make me delight in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Her tits are the least of her genetic anomalies if you take them all into account.. the other 99% do her justice.

Main thing I'd have against her is the fact that she could outrun me =p

Out run Yeahh

She would out everything me apart from,,,,, OK I can't think of anything right now,,,,,,

I thought Denise Williams was also Ryide and I think it was the same event.

Drunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

London was the aim for our progression in the games. The home event if you will. But yet the reality is apart from a couple of boxing medals (hopefully) it will once again be abject failure for Team Ireland, the grants are being wasted on these losers. I guess we all better blame the GAA.
    Yeah, can't stand the 'blame GAA' for lack of Olympic sporting success. Take a look at two countries which perform very well on a per capita basis - Australia and New Zealand, both of which are dominated by non-Olympic sports. Rugby Union in NZ as well as Rugby League, Aussie Rules and cricket in Australia.

Very few of the medals come in traditional track & field though, rowing, swimming and cycling seem to be the dominant sports - the ones the Africans tend not to excel at (whether through lack of interest or the high cost of entry).
    Colmustard wrote: »
    I thought Denise Williams was also Ryide and I think it was the same event.
    Did you mean Denise Lewis? If so I concur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is Usain Bolt racing today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Aileen Morrisson currently racing in the triathlon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I see Ciaran o Lionards twitter ( @gociaran ) is now offline.

He was complaining about "haters" last night. Only skimmed back his timeline a bit, bit I saw nothing but good comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Paully D wrote: »
    Is Usain Bolt racing today?

Yes, 100m heats, 12.30 on BBC One & BBC One HD.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement