Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London 2012 Megathread [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Javier Culson is one cool customer. Timed his run to perfection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

You're a boring guy Run_to_da_hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

blueser wrote: »
    Agree totally with your comments about the Olympians. And I get where you are coming from with the bit about modern day footballers. Don't think I could give it up though!

Im gonna try ween myself off it over the next few months. One of my biggest gripe is the interviews. Earlier in the rowing the British lads that just lost out on gold were purely shattered and genuinely devastated. They were gutted that they felt they let everyone around them down. They were pretty unlucky with the seat breaking but didnt blame it. When i see footballers lose a game, they dont look shattered or too devastated. They also end up blaming everyone else bar themselves. Its always the ref or the pitch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Is that supposed to be funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Just listening to Ian Thorpe Australia have only 1 gold from the aquatic centre, that is pretty bad for them as they are usually a dominabt swimming power.

I have noticed that they were not doing well, I normally support them if there is no Irish or British in the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I want to mount Denise Lewis

Schwiiing wrote: »

Oooh I concur

Its mad looking at a stadium with absolutely no advertisements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Can't believe no one is showing the final night of swimming live.

Anyone know where online I can watch it?

40 at the end of the month, with three young athletes running around the Lewis household. Definite MILF potential.

• Advertisement

libra02 wrote: »

It'll be on the red button on the Beeb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

They have it online this http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On on the BBC red button and http://www.rte.ie/live/olympics/ (you better have reasonably quick BB for comfortable viewing)

Thanks found out I have Eurosports on the UPC. So watch it there

I like the BBC coverage so a bit annoyed the showing football instead. Commentry is dire on Eurosports.

I'm on the phone so can link you but there's a site called eurovision sports ebu. It's fully legit, just Google it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

good 400 run there by the Irish girl, 5th just outside her SB

mike65 wrote: »
    On on the BBC red button and http://www.rte.ie/live/olympics/ (you better have reasonably quick BB for comfortable viewing)

We dont have red button on UPC for BBC which is annoying. I like the BBC commentry esp with Ian Thrope insight either down at pool with Claire Bading and Mark Foster or when he is back in studio.

Ah well I stick with Eurosport.
    As you said RTE stream is dire and I have good enough bb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

RTE's online streams are working perfectly for me. Far better quality than some of the other streams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

crap penalty. Poxy ramsey

• Advertisement

I only just realised I had eurosports too. i don't know why the bbc/rte are switching to athletics it's the final night . I nearly forgot there was swimming on today thinking it was over last night. It'll be athletics for the days after anyway.

I'm on the phone so can link you but there's a site called eurovision sports ebu. It's fully legit, just Google it

Thanks for reply as I said found out I have Eurosport on the TV here with UPC, just really prefer the BBC coverage & I like to hear Ian Thorpe's view. Def thought he was going to whack Gary Lineker the other night. That be funny.:D

We dont have red button on UPC for BBC which is annoying. I like the BBC commentry esp with Ian Thrope insight either down at pool with Claire Bading and Mark Foster or when he is back in studio.

Ah well I stick with Eurosport.
    As you said RTE stream is dire and I have good enough bb

You really are missing out, it is simply the best sport coverage I have ever experienced.

It really does enhance the Olympic experience for me. I always liked the velodrome and I haven.t missed any of it.

They're not showing football instead. They are showing everything at the same timer on the red button.

It's hardly their fault a provider in another countr y supplying their service is crap

2nd WR in the pool tonight. The US 4x100 relay win gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

2-1 South Korea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Kazakhstan has 4 medals, all gold putting them at 9th in the table. Russia has 25 medals but only 3 gold so they are in 10th. Probably a fairly unusual anomoly.

http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/

I didn't try to do it but I imagine if you add up all the ex USSR countries including Russia they would be 3rd or 4th on the table.

BKC wrote: »
    2-1 South Korea!
    ffs. I blame ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Press the red button!

They're not showing football instead. They are showing everything at the same timer on the red button.

It's hardly their fault a provider in another countr y supplying their service is crap

Actually they are showing football instead, as they usually show the swimming live & the football is on the red button.

BBC won't allow UPC to have red button access as they are outside the UK region. That is why is you choose Sky as your provider you can get access. Same as why you cannot get it on the BBC website as we in Ireland are outside the UK region.

Anyway give it is the final night in pool - it would be more popular then swimming but I know with the GB playing they would choose to show it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Kazakhstan has 4 medals, all gold putting them at 9th in the table. Russia has 25 medals but only 3 gold so they are in 10th. Probably a fairly unusual anomoly.

The Kazakhs have a fair incentive to win gold. A $250k per gold medal incentive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

BKC wrote: »
    2-1 South Korea!

No, it's not. it's 1-1.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

snubbleste wrote: »
    The Kazakhs have a fair incentive to win gold. A $250k per gold medal incentive.

I would say a gold in most events in Britain would be worth at least 1 million perhaps more in increased sponsorship, appearance money, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

South Korea get silver in the womens team Épée final with China taking Gold.

So a medal for Shin A-lam who was cruelly denied in the singles....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

el diablo wrote: »
    No, it's not. it's 1-1.

My apologies! :o

Micheal Phelps last ever competitive swim. Its been a privilege witnessing his achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

This is tight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Colmustard wrote: »
    I would say a gold in most events in Britain would be worth at least 1 million perhaps more in increased sponsorship, appearance money, etc.
    The Brits will put you face on a postage stamp if you win Gold.
    If you win a gold medal, your country will reward you:
    Singapore - $800,000
    Kazakhstan - $250,000
    Kyrgyzstan - $200,000
    Uzbekistan - $150,000
    Russia - $135,000
    Tajikistan - $63,000
    US - $25,000
    Australia - $20,000 plus face on a stamp
    UK - No money - but their face on a stamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

nice that the camera shows a south korean fan in the crowd wearing a coca cola t shirt...wouldnt show her if she wore pepsi t shirt :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Another gold for Phelps. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

markie29 wrote: »
    nice that the camera shows a south korean fan in the crowd wearing a coca cola t shirt...wouldnt show her if she wore pepsi t shirt :P

Wouldn't have been let in wearing a Pepsi tshirt

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    This is tight.
    You're not on about Denise Lewis as well, are you?

That was a brilliant last race for the usa and for Phelps last race. I'm glad they won I really wanted them to win . Michael Phelps is just an immense swimmer I love watching him do the butterfly.

snubbleste wrote: »
    The Brits will put you face on a postage stamp if you win Gold.
    If you win a gold medal, your country will reward you:
    Singapore - $800,000
    Kazakhstan - $250,000
    Kyrgyzstan - $200,000
    Uzbekistan - $150,000
    Russia - $135,000
    Tajikistan - $63,000
    US - $25,000
    Australia - $20,000 plus face on a stamp
    UK - No money - but their face on a stamp

I am not talking about what the country gives you but the increased earning power that that gong would bring you.

I remember Micheal Curruth got promoted from corporal to sergeant in the army.

RTE really are awful.......nothing but ads and "analysis"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Who's the blond chick on RTÉ?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Who's the blond chick on RTÉ?

Depends, which ad was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

While I do hope that Ennis wins her gold considering the pressure she is under, it is a bit irritating how the beeb keep showing these montages

I wish the swimming wasn't over I actually love watching the swimming it's quite enjoyable to watch. I actually got up early to watch all of the heats. I might try and get back into swimming not for olympic standards though. It's been one of the most interesting olympics events to watch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Jessica Ennis about to run now for her gold.....

Katarina also just broke the world(?) junior record for the heptathlon. What a woman!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

it is a bit irritating how the beeb keep showing these montages
    Indeed, especially when they miss the introduction of the athlete in question to the crowd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement