Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this need a sauce??

Options
  • 16-07-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭

I'm having a couple over for lunch and cooking filo parcels filled with caramalised oinions and goats cheese. Serving that with a simple leaf salad and a scatter of pine nuts!

Having a crisis now and wondering if I should do some sort of a sauce to go with it... like a tomato or red pepper sauce ??

What do ye think? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

A drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.
    Also, drizzle simply a little olive oil over the salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Personally I'd like sweet chili sauce with that, then again I'll eat sweet chili with everything :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Personally I'd like sweet chili sauce with that, then again I'll eat sweet chili with everything :p

Me too! But unfortunately one of my guests can't stand chilli!

A drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.
    Also, drizzle simply a little olive oil over the salad.

That sounds great, do I just reduce the vinegar on it's own or do I add anything to it at all?

...another question! When I'm making up the parcels, does the cheese go on the bottom? I'm kind of making it all up as I go along with a bit of help from Google and most of the filo parcels have the cheese on the bottom. I suppose it would just melt through the onions if it was on top... would it?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

sudzs wrote: »
    Me too! But unfortunately one of my guests can't stand chilli!

That sounds great, do I just reduce the vinegar on it's own or do I add anything to it at all?

...another question! When I'm making up the parcels, does the cheese go on the bottom? I'm kind of making it all up as I go along with a bit of help from Google and most of the filo parcels have the cheese on the bottom. I suppose it would just melt through the onions if it was on top... would it?? :confused:

Just the vinegar, till it becomes syrupy.

I would put the cheese on the bottom. Onions on top. Then at least you'll have 2 layers.

Another one that works well with goats cheese is a honey and lemon dressing. Honey, lemon juice, seasoning and a little oil. In a jar with lid. Shake. Shake. Shake. Ready to use. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Just thought I'd say thanks for the suggestion of the balsamic reduction. It was dellish!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement