Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non payment of grant

• 16-07-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Story is my dad gave 20yr scheme to forestry company they said he has to do nothing and receive money each year. Well last year there was a problem with the fire belt and they did not pay this has continued on now to this year. So what i wanted to know was
    (1) Is that not there problem, should he still be paid?
    (2) What would people recommed he should do?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

With 20 ac of forestry payments held up it would be well worth his while to go in and clear the fire belt regardless of what the forestry company says. How many years is it planted? If it is more than 5 then the forestry company's responsibility might be over.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Silvics

What was the agreement with the company? I'm guessing they had a standard contract to establish the plantation and see it through to the second grant installment payment, after which the forest owner takes responsibility for the plantation.
    On 20 ac that's a nice payment so ask the Dept what needs to be done with the firebelt and get it done-shouldn't cost too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Harwarder

The firebelt should be the responsibility of the Forestry company if the site is still under the establishment contract. As in the site has not passed the form 3 (fully established). When the forestry company goes out the gate at this stage any further costs are on the owner. A firebelt is not too expensive, usually around two euros a metre and lasts three to four years. If you value your plantation you should get this done as a fire can wipe out a plantation in double time. Also the insurance company may not pay out if the firebelt was not maintained.

Advertisement