Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited texts from Chinese restaurant?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and herself are getting spam texts from a Chinese restaurant sent from a 085 number. Anyone else get these?
    The odd thing is that this restaurant is some place I never heard of "Chine Kitchen" but their number starts with 091.
    I was curious and rang to ask where they got my number from, presumably some Chinese I've ordered from at some point, and the guy just said "someone else does messages..."

Since it's 085 I got on to http://www.meteor.ie/support/your_phone/spam_msgs/ and reported the messages but it'd be good to find out just who sends them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Must have the Wong Numba getmecoat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lou22

I got the same message an hour or two ago, never get chinese food so was mystified as to how they got my number. Was going to text stop back but realised that the number mentioned in the text was different, so was a bit wary, tried googling and got nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I get these from time to time. Mostly I just ignore them, but they do get annoying sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Data protection commissioner! I got a hamper of stuff from Proctor&Gamble, allegedly 'worth' eur200, but mostly stuff I don't use, and it wouldn't cost them that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They send me a message saying they had a special on hot dogs.

• Advertisement

They send me a message saying they had a special on hot dogs.

That rather sounds more like they are soliciting something else other than food...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

All Your Credit Card Number are Belong to Us!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

That rather sounds more like they are soliciting something else other than food...
    Sexy dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

/watches RHG sprint out the doorway towards the Chinese restaurant ...

/watches RHG sprint out the doorway towards the Chinese restaurant ...

With my pockets full of jingling change...

• Advertisement

Is THAT what's making the bulge?! :pac:

Is THAT what's making the bulge?! :pac:

Nah. That's just me trying to smuggle KD in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

"This is not a Chinese restaurant. This is a residential number and you are speaking to the lady of the house on a white slim telephone with last redial facility!" - Hyacinth Bouquet.

When I saw this thread, I instantly thought of this running gag in Keeping Up Appearances. However the converse seems to have occurred here!

They're trying to sell converse as well?! 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

go straight to the data protection people, they'll investigate and issue a warning if appropriate, i got satisfaction from them last year when i complained about a local dry cleaners using my contact details for marketing spam

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement