Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Screen Protector Professional Installation

• 16-07-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭

Ok so I attempted the application of a iPhone screen protector but alas no amount of care and patience could make it apply perfectly and now it's full of loads of dirt bubbles and air bubbles.

muvit_ScreenProtector_iPh4G_M+P.jpg

That's the one I used.

Anyway, does anybody know of any stores that apply the screen protector professionally?

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Jarren wrote: »

I seen all the vids dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hey OP Carphone Warehouse do installation of screen protectors. I know they use the Zagg Invisi Shield one. I have one myself and would never go back to another screen protector again. They charge €5 for install and €14.90 for the InvisiShield.

The spray a solution onto the shield so when its applied to your phone the liquid pushes out all the air, leaving no bubbles :)

Hope this helps

Brilliant! Thanks DJ. I'll drop into them today.

Got the Zagg installed in Carphone Warehouse and the guy who installed it said to give it at least 24 hours for the shield to gel with the screen and so far any little bubbles seem to be slowly dissolving.

The guy said to come back if I'm not happy with it and he will replace it with a fresh one or if I like I can get my money back. You just can't argue with service like that.

I'll give it another day or two to see how it goes but so far it's a pretty sturdy screen protector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

That's great Passanger.

Can I ask you how much the total costs of getting it done? Did you get the back protector installed as well?

I have been using Zagg for many years now for various gadgets but finding it too much pain getting it done right myself. Need to install it again on my iPhone replacement.

MartMax wrote: »
    That's great Passanger.

Can I ask you how much the total costs of getting it done? Did you get the back protector installed as well?

I have been using Zagg for many years now for various gadgets but finding it too much pain getting it done right myself. Need to install it again on my iPhone replacement.

Hi Mart, The Zagg screen protector is €14.90 and it's €5 for them to install it on the spot for you. The guy that did mine seemed to know what he was doing. Doing it yourself I reckon you need a bit of practice to get right but for an additional €5 sure you might as well get them to do it for ye.

There was no back protector. I kinda expected there to be back protector too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Easiest installation and best screen protector I've ever used, you apply using a mild soapy solution so there are no airbubbles
    www.bestskinsever.com

personally I don't use one anymore

Advertisement