Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I regret ordering from Hardwareversand

Options
  • 16-07-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I ordered a custom PC from them and I really regret it now.

The GPU is faulty or got damaged during shipped.

The Wireless card is either not installed properly or dead. The light doesn't turn on when I power on the PC.

I rang them to see what to do, and the person I talked to said she would get one of her colleagues to e-mail me to sort it out. So I got this email:

"we arranged a Pickup service for the computer.
    The computer will be picked up on Monday."

It's now Monday night and there was no pickup, and I haven't heard anything from them about it.

I'll have to ring them again tomorrow which I am not looking forward to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Thats any online retailer I'm afraid - most bricks and mortar also.

Pixamania - Nutters - worst CS
    Komplette - I suppose you could drive to Blanch
    Peats - A shop charge 50% more for everything but it still has to be sent off

I'm not saying tough - just trying to make you feel better by letting you know you didn't do the wrong thing. Well, apart from not building it yourself.

Send them an e-mail and get an RMA then send it back and bill them if they don't arrange a courier. Alternatively deal directly with the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

Thats any online retailer I'm afraid - most bricks and mortar also.

Pixamania - Nutters - worst CS
    Komplette - I suppose you could drive to Blanch
    Peats - A shop charge 50% more for everything but it still has to be sent off

I'm not saying tough - just trying to make you feel better by letting you know you didn't do the wrong thing. Well, apart from not building it yourself.

Send them an e-mail and get an RMA then send it back and bill them if they don't arrange a courier. Alternatively deal directly with the manufacturer.

I do regret not building it myself. At least then I would have an idea of what could be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"we arranged a Pickup service for the computer.
    The computer will be picked up on Monday."

It's now Monday night and there was no pickup, and I haven't heard anything from them about it.

Most likely the couriers fault, not HWVS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It sucks that this happened to u bro. Many happy HWVS customers here. Hopefully it gets sorted sooner than later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ordered a PC from them last year, haven't had a single problem with it. Could have been damaged in transit - Courier not arriving today could have a reasonable explanation - wait and see what they say in response.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    Ordered a PC from them last year, haven't had a single problem with it. Could have been damaged in transit - Courier not arriving today could have a reasonable explanation - wait and see what they say in response.

Yeah, I guess you are right. I was just frustrated at the time when I made this thread cause I stayed at home all day to make sure I didn't miss the courier. and nothing ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Orderd a computer off them a few weeks ago, had it within a week prebuilt.
    The packing was great, lots of protection.

It runs like a dream, had to attach a custom heatsink myself and noticed that the guy who build it was a bit sloppy with the thermal paste, also the cable management is lazy, but that's just nit picking really.

If you do order a pre-built PC, there is definitely a chance that something will happen in transit.

Did you try making sure the graphics card is seated correctly and clasped?

Orderd a computer off them a few weeks ago, had it within a week prebuilt.
    The packing was great, lots of protection.

It runs like a dream, had to attach a custom heatsink myself and noticed that the guy who build it was a bit sloppy with the thermal paste, also the cable management is lazy, but that's just nit picking really.

If you do order a pre-built PC, there is definitely a chance that something will happen in transit.

Did you try making sure the graphics card is seated correctly and clasped?
    Can you link me to a guide or something to explain what I would have to do. I didn't put together the PC myself so I wouldn't know where to start.

No courier today either. No phone call or email saying it was delayed or anything.

Open Case

Find the Graphics card

Wiggle it

See if the computer powers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Exact same thing happened to me with HWVS. The person on the phone arranged a pickup with UPS however the courier never came. I arranged a pickup on the website returns thingy instead

• Advertisement

N64 wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me with HWVS. The person on the phone arranged a pickup with UPS however the courier never came. I arranged a pickup on the website returns thingy instead
    I will do that then, if wiggling the graphics card doesn't work.

There is normally a latch on the right hand side of the PCI-e slot as you look at it from the outside. You may need to press that down to get the video card out if you want to do a complete reseat.

Use a plastic biro or something if you cant reach it.

Oh and make sure the PC is off! :)

There is normally a latch on the right hand side of the PCI-e slot as you look at it from the outside. You may need to press that down to get the video card out if you want to do a complete reseat.

Use a plastic biro or something if you cant reach it.

Oh and make sure the PC is off! :)

Do I have to discharge static when handling the insides? How do I do that?

Have the PC plugged in but switched off at the wall and touch the power supply.

Another good precaution is to make sure there is no power left in the capacitors by cycling the power while its off at the wall - basically hit the power button on the case a few times.

Don't worry to much about static unless you live is a house with massive 70's shag pile carpets you lose small dogs in.

A word or warning - Don't go near the RAM on the motherboard unless you're absolutely sure there in no power in the machine. Everything else will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

My order came damaged too.
    Was my first order from there, luckily everything still worked.
    They might want to switch courier the way DHL are treating fragile packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

/\/ollog wrote: »
    My order came damaged too.
    Was my first order from there, luckily everything still worked.
    They might want to switch courier the way DHL are treating fragile packages.

Might not be DHL. Could be An Post.

N64 wrote: »
    I arranged a pick up on the website thing. Only thing is the label says 1kg but I put on the internet 11.4kg cause I wanted to send the whole system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

So did you get the Logilink wireless card? My one arrived DOA although I hope its the wireless card and not my mobo PCI slots. I wonder is there something we are doing wrong with the installation?

So did you get the Logilink wireless card? My one arrived DOA although I hope its the wireless card and not my mobo PCI slots. I wonder is there something we are doing wrong with the installation?

I got that exact card. Problem I had is you can't mount it. It wouldn't work for me either so I had to bend the mounting frame. Works perfect now. If you mount it it doesn't slot into the pci slot properly. I didn't particularly want to send it back for €14 so I just bent the top of the mounting bracket. Up to you though.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    I got that exact card. Problem I had is you can't mount it. It wouldn't work for me either so I had to bend the mounting frame. Works perfect now. If you mount it it doesn't slot into the pci slot properly. I didn't particularly want to send it back for €14 so I just bent the top of the mounting bracket. Up to you though.

So what your saying is that it needs to be pushed in further so its more snug in the slot? Ive never plugged in anything in a PCI slot before so i don't know how far in is correct!

• Advertisement

So what your saying is that it needs to be pushed in further so its more snug in the slot? Ive never plugged in anything in a PCI slot before so i don't know how far in is correct!

Ok, don't bend it to begin with. Just take the screw out holding it in place. Then push it as far in as you can and just boot up and see if it works. It should kind of click.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Ok, don't bend it to begin with. Just take the screw out holding it in place. Then push it as far in as you can and just boot up and see if it works. It should kind of click.

Mine definitely didn't click I remember cause I thought that was strange. But it would only go in so far before the bracket stopped it. Is there anything special you did drivers wise or did you let windows sort drivers out? might have to bend the bracket or take the bracket off altogether (or does the bracket ground it?). I thought it would be the easiest part - just plug and play...

Mine definitely didn't click I remember cause I thought that was strange. But it would only go in so far before the bracket stopped it. Is there anything special you did drivers wise or did you let windows sort drivers out? might have to bend the bracket or take the bracket off altogether (or does the bracket ground it?). I thought it would be the easiest part - just plug and play...

I installed the CD that came with it an just used those drivers. I also bent the bracket. It's pretty woeful and if I had to do it again I wouldn't get it.

Advertisement