Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the going rate for renting a parking space - Dublin 8?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi all, just want to ask quickly for a small piece of advice.

i live in an apartment block in dublin 8, fairly close to town. i don't own a car but my apartment came with a parking space.

now my new next-door neighbours have expressed an interest in renting it from me. what's a realistic amount to ask for per week?

the car park is separated from the street by an electronic entry gate btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Take a look on Daft to get an idea but €60-€80 a month seems to be the average for Dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

You should easily bargain them down to no more than €50 a month.

Anytime I need a secure parking space in DUblin for a period they start out that high and I easily get them down to €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

You should easily bargain them down to no more than €50 a month.

Anytime I need a secure parking space in DUblin for a period they start out that high and I easily get them down to €50.

Not sure that bargaining down the price is the best approach for someone in the OPs position :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

sorry, i was replying to post no 2.
    The op should realize they have to be competitive.
    unless they have just asked him to name whatever price he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jjj6894x

thanks to all for the replies -- even theturk1972!

offered €70 a month and they instantly accepted it. fine by me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tarajlawlor

Does anyone know of anyone renting a car space in Parkgate street need it for work monday to friday 9.30 untill 5.30
    would love In Parkgate Place, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8

Advertisement