Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else not hate Nickelback?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I'm with you OP, they have a fair few great tunes and Chad's voice is excellent. I remember their show in the RDS a few years ago as being one of the best I've seen - in my opinion they get far too much stick from the rock community. That said though I find their ballads pretty insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Nickelback, on their emergence, were the new Puddle of Mudd. Need I say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I think the singer's cute. She could do with a shave but.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

viadah wrote: »
    Nickelback, on their emergence, were the new Puddle of Mudd. Need I say more?

Jesus, Puddle of Mud..... I'm getting flashbacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

I tried to like them but i just couldn't but they seem to be doing fine without my support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Wouldn't be into them at all, I really cant stand his voice and just the way he sings in general. I kind of see Nickelback as the Nicolas Cage of rock, they both make me feel bad on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Meh, typical Canadian mainstream muzak rock. Something to nod along to on the radio but I wouldn't buy an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Can't say they've ever done anything to annoy me, not a big fan, but would listen to them. Formulaic Heavy Rock a la Bon Jovi etc.

And I'm sure the band don't lose any sleep over any "hate" out there...\m/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

Heard the one Dimebag played the solo on, Side of a Bullet I believe it's called, I liked it.

Don't have a problem with them being around, don't get why people do.

I'll have a hellfire of cheesy, Chad Kroeger induced Nickelback fury over Rebecca Black any day.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Nah there are no bands out there that I'd say I hate even Nickelback have some good tunes. Though they are not my usual cup of tea. I'm like that with most music, I love Metal but I have a lot of time for other genres, I never understood how you could pass judgement on someone for either liking or not liking a bunch of sound coming through their ears. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Kurz wrote: »
    I can't stand it. It's like a a mix of Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi and Michael Bolton.
    Exactly! This is the perfect definition of Nickelback! Can't stand this band. They are so cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I think Nickelback are pretty good. And Chad Kroeger has a great voice in my opinion, dunno why he was voted "most annoying voice in music" a few years ago. All in all, they're a swell band. Burn It To The Ground is a cool, heavy-ish song.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AnnieUncanny

Sometimes I like them, but sometimes I also like James Blunt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A man had to be rescued by fire fighters after he fell down a 40-foot gorge while trying to sneak into a Nickelback gig in New York.

According to Gawker, 22-year-old Kevin Beaudette was taken to the Albany Medical Centre to be treated for injuries after his nasty spill, which he sustained after he lost his footing and slipped into the Geyser Brook George. He had been trying to find his way into the much-maligned Canadian band's gig at the Performing Arts Centre in Saratoga Springs.

Beaudette is said to have been drunk at the time of his unfortunate accident and, after medical crews were unable to help him escape from the hole, was eventually rescued by the local fire service – who had to use a basket to transport him out. After being treated for cuts and bruises, he was released from hospital and will not face criminal charges.

The Centre's president, Marcia White, said of the incident: "Last evening an individual who appeared to be intoxicated, and who was outside the venue, apparently lost his footing and slipped down the embankment that runs along SPAC's Route 50 parking lot."

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

the song that was posted on the first page 'slow motion' was nice and groovy.

na I don't mind some of their album songs cus they're more rock. just not most of their singles cus they're cheesy

Advertisement