Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threatening Legal action against Boards, is it still site ban-able?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 8:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

So in a thread on the soccer forum, Mars Bar, a long time member and mod and generally lovely girl, posted a pic related to the thread, a few posts later the following was posted.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    Mars Bar - have you gotten permission to post that image ???

Please remove the image of Zak Gilsenan - I am the copyright owner of this image and failure to remove this image will result in legal action against boards.ie and possibly against user mars bar.....the image has been reported to boards for copyright infringement.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79760997&postcount=23

I was of the belief that Threatening boards.ie with legal action was punishable by site ban?

Can an admin clear this up for me?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

An admin is checking this.

And yes, policy is still that a legal threat against boards.ie means a siteban.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

In a lot of cases, yes, it is an immediate site bannable offence. However, in the past, this has only made matters worse, so we typically now engage the user with a view to investigating any claims they are making and resolving them as amicably as possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement