Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contour powders

• 16-07-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I really want to get a good contour powder so I was thinking of MAC, however I was scared that I might only find very orangey shades. I am an Ivory in Revlon's Colorstay if that helps at all, MAC's lightest foundation is too dark for me!

What are some good contour powders and how much did it cost you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I use NYX Taupe blush to contour. I love it! The pigmentation is good (not amazing, but it's fine for contouring imo) and it's not orangey at all. I got it on beautyemporium.ie, think it was about 8 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I really want to get a good contour powder so I was thinking of MAC, however I was scared that I might only find very orangey shades. I am an Ivory in Revlon's Colorstay if that helps at all, MAC's lightest foundation is too dark for me!

What are some good contour powders and how much did it cost you?

I use Benefit Hoola which is not orangey at all and can be used quite lightly or built up. I have heard MAC Harmony is good too but when I swatched it I found it quite dark. I am very pale, I'd be a MAC NC15 or a Revlon Buff/Ivory. Hoola is expensive at 30 odd euro but it lasts well over a year with daily use.

For a cheaper alternative the light Sleek Contour Palette is nice and comes with a lovely powder highlighter. It's about nine euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeah I use Hoola too, but really want what Pixiwoo use cause it's not orange at all, it's dark and creates a real shadow which I think is perfect for pale skin like mine (and yours), here's the link and the Pixiwoo vid they use it in for an Angelina Jolie look!

http://www.preciousaboutmakeup.com/makeup/multi-task-fard-creme-palette

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I use Benefit Hoola which is not orangey at all and can be used quite lightly or built up. I have heard MAC Harmony is good too but when I swatched it I found it quite dark. I am very pale, I'd be a MAC NC15 or a Revlon Buff/Ivory. Hoola is expensive at 30 odd euro but it lasts well over a year with daily use.

For a cheaper alternative the light Sleek Contour Palette is nice and comes with a lovely powder highlighter. It's about nine euro.
    SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Yeah I use Hoola too, but really want what Pixiwoo use cause it's not orange at all, it's dark and creates a real shadow which I think is perfect for pale skin like mine (and yours), here's the link and the Pixiwoo vid they use it in for an Angelina Jolie look!

http://www.preciousaboutmakeup.com/makeup/multi-task-fard-creme-palette
    Hoola does look nice but to be honest, with the amount of times water bottles leak in my bag the packaging will have a short life! And Benefit blushes always look so small in those boxes. I might try the MAC blusher Buff, apparently it's lighter than Harmony but still good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Why not try w7 Honolulu ? Another poster said you can get it in the shop across from MC Donalds in the ilaccentre, it's around €3 and a dupe for benefit hoola :)

Tip tho, like benefit one it's quite dark, easily blendable tho, but I wouldn't use the brush that comes with it, I find it leaves a harsh line. My regular contour brush left it lovely tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I'm quite pale, but i find that mac harmony works well, but just apply with a light hand. have tried buff but found it didnt show up too well on my skin, i'm about a NC15. You could also try an matte eyeshadow:) i sometimes use the lighter matte brown in Naked Pallette ! :)

Advertisement