Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing and Midwifery prospective students 2012

• 16-07-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Decided to start a new thread so hopefully people that want to study Nursing or midwifery this year can chat :D I'm hoping for either Trinity, UCD or DCU! Hope other people post here :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wibblin

Huulllo! me too for nursing :D, I have children and general nursing in UCD, then general and midwifery in TCD down, so hopefully!:D just can't wait to start college!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Hoping for nursing in UCD :) not sure if I'll get it though with the way the exams went though. Points for nursing are gonna rise :/

Yeah think they will go up because like loads of people I've been talking to have some sort of nursing course down! :/

Hopefully they won't go over 430 or so :/ That's all I think I could get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

I'm sooooo nervous about the points D: They are gona go up but by how much :S Aaah so nervous!I'm basically just living in wait for these results!

• Advertisement

i know i'm like the exact same, the LC didn't go to plan at all!:/ less than a month till the results...i dunno if i'll even open them and just wait for the college offers...think i'd be too terrified but hey, curiosity might get the better of me! :L really hope the points don't jump too much!

Yeah I know what you mean because even when we get our results we don't actually know until the offers come out if we have enough :S 25 days aaah!!I don't know what I'll do if I don't get the points :( Nursing is the only thing I want to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

any males looking to do nursing?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MzMollz

Best of luck to ye all!! And listen, what's done is done, just don't give up! I am heading back to college this Sept to do Midwifery. If Nursing/Midwifery is something you really want...it'll happen!! Maybe Ill see some of ye in UCC!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

Hope I get nursing, want it so badly! The thought of going to college to nursing in September is so exciting. Fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement

I know it's the only thing I want :S Well guys, this time 3 weeks we'll all have a bit of an idea anyway D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Hoping to go to UL! :)

Anybody hoping to do the integrated or Adelaide in TCD?

Yeah I am :D I have integrated in TCD as my number 1 and the Adelaide as my number 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

best of luck to all! hope you all get your courses! I am looking into doing a plc in pre nursing this september and hopefully enter next year through that! Having recently been in and out of hospital following a miscarriage I have a weird urge to study in this area. The work and care the nurses and midwives gave me was phenomenal and it got me thinking that I would like a career that is so rewarding. Is this a strange way to be inspired?

QueenBee1 wrote: »
    best of luck to all! hope you all get your courses! I am looking into doing a plc in pre nursing this september and hopefully enter next year through that! Having recently been in and out of hospital following a miscarriage I have a weird urge to study in this area. The work and care the nurses and midwives gave me was phenomenal and it got me thinking that I would like a career that is so rewarding. Is this a strange way to be inspired?

I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage :( but I think that thats a great reason to want to get into nursing, I really hope everything goes well for you now :) you definitely deserve it!

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage :( but I think that thats a great reason to want to get into nursing, I really hope everything goes well for you now :) you definitely deserve it!

thank you that really means a lot :)

QueenBee1 wrote: »

I don't think you could have any better reason to become a nurse than that!You will be fantastic because you seem compassionate and because of your own personal experience!By just reading your comment I can tell you're a really kind person!Best of luck, I can tell you'll be great :D

I don't think you could have any better reason to become a nurse than that!You will be fantastic because you seem compassionate and because of your own personal experience!By just reading your comment I can tell you're a really kind person!Best of luck, I can tell you'll be great :D

Thank you for your reply! Now you really have me inspired lol! Heres hoping I will get accepted for the FETAC course now! :)

I think we all deserve our chosen courses! Fingers and toes crossed for everyone xx

• Advertisement

Yeah!Let's think positive :) Good luck all :D xxx

Just as a matter of interest, how many here did higher Maths? I didn't, and I'm worried the extra points will cause a big increase in nursing points :/ hopefully not! :)

I did ordinary level!Hopefully most people did...

yeah i did ordinary maths too, it'd be kind of unfair if the points went up by much because of the bonus points for higher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 imjayr

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    any males looking to do nursing?

hey mate I am! i am from the FETAC route and got health and society in DCU, but i did reach the FETAC points for nursing so i'll try to transfer!

where r u planning to do ur nursing course? :D

Well ladies and gents, do we think we'll be the future generation of nurses? Pretty sure I have UCD, so excited for Monday :)

Yep :D Pretty sure I'll be in Trinity!!Aaaaah sooooo happy !Hope everyone is too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

How much points do you think nursing will be this year everyone?

Yeah I am :D I have integrated in TCD as my number 1 and the Adelaide as my number 2!
    Same! :) have to wait and see what happens Monday

• Advertisement

Think I should get Trinity :D

Advertisement