Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing and Midwifery prospective students 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wibblin

I know, the cao thing was only an envelope/letter so I don't know if that's it? I hate the ambiguity!
    I can't wait to find out where I'm going, I really hope it's James too because I'd have to get a bus and the Luas to tallaght :/ and there's something about James that I really like
    Yeah, it is really handy tbh...the bus only takes about 20/30 mins depending on traffic to get to trinity and James is on the same route! Getting to james would be 30-40 mins! My bus card will be 86euro a month...I know it's nothing compared to what you have to pay, but it's a nuisance :L
    Ah congrats! How long does it take to get from halls to trinity? I'm sure it won't be too bad, my brother goes to nuig and the guy he shared with snored reallyyyy loudly :P

zero idea on whether it is or not...but hey i doubt they'd turn us away anyways we had something say we got in!:D it's annoying though!

yeah me either, cant wait to get started too!:) that would some trek alright for ya, wouldn't be too nice especially if theres a lot of 9 o' clock starts!:/ really? I've never actually been to James so don't know what it's like! I've heard it's in a bad area?

jeez yeah that a fair amount to be paying for transport in a month, it would build up i'd say too, i'm hoping to cycle to places but im not sure how realistic that is, slight bit of rain and i'll be like nope!:L

thanks, um i think its like 10-15mins on the bus but it stops right outside halls and trinity itself so pretty handy like!:D haha oh god, now ya have me worried!:L

Is any of your friends doing nursing or going to Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭monkeysarecool

wibblin wrote: »
    zero idea on whether it is or not...but hey i doubt they'd turn us away anyways we had something say we got in!:D it's annoying though!

yeah me either, cant wait to get started too!:) that would some trek alright for ya, wouldn't be too nice especially if theres a lot of 9 o' clock starts!:/ really? I've never actually been to James so don't know what it's like! I've heard it's in a bad area?

jeez yeah that a fair amount to be paying for transport in a month, it would build up i'd say too, i'm hoping to cycle to places but im not sure how realistic that is, slight bit of rain and i'll be like nope!:L

thanks, um i think its like 10-15mins on the bus but it stops right outside halls and trinity itself so pretty handy like!:D haha oh god, now ya have me worried!:L

Is any of your friends doing nursing or going to Trinity?

Ah sure we'll be grand...hopefully!

If i had to go to tallaght I'd consider moving closer, i know people who live around there so I could move in :L I've been to James a fair few times because my mam used to work there and from visiting people when they're in the hospital. The area isn't too bad, like you're going to find dodgy people all over Dublin...just don't walk around it at night time...or look people in the eye ;)

It's actually 86euro for 30 non consecutive days...but still! I might walk home from trinity a few times..maybe, if it's not raining! You could get the Dublin bikes?

Ah that's handy that it's only 15 mins! It wasn't too bad because his roommate didn't go to college often so he basically had his own room!

I know a fair few going to trinity, but none doing nursing :/ I know someone doing midwifery though...and I know a few doing nursing in dcu! I wish I knee people doing nursing in tcd. Do you?

Ah sure we'll be grand...hopefully!

If i had to go to tallaght I'd consider moving closer, i know people who live around there so I could move in :L I've been to James a fair few times because my mam used to work there and from visiting people when they're in the hospital. The area isn't too bad, like you're going to find dodgy people all over Dublin...just don't walk around it at night time...or look people in the eye ;)

It's actually 86euro for 30 non consecutive days...but still! I might walk home from trinity a few times..maybe, if it's not raining! You could get the Dublin bikes?

Ah that's handy that it's only 15 mins! It wasn't too bad because his roommate didn't go to college often so he basically had his own room!

I know a fair few going to trinity, but none doing nursing :/ I know someone doing midwifery though...and I know a few doing nursing in dcu! I wish I knee people doing nursing in tcd. Do you?

we will surely!:P ah that's not too bad then, at least you have a back up!:P you must know it fairly well so I'll take you word on it, coz like when i told dad, he grew in dublin, he was like "oh now that's a bad area" but pretty sure he was a southsider so there obviously some bias there!:L NO eye contact..got it!:D

suppose if you're using the bus alot it's not too bad to pay like..was thinking of getting one of those leap cards heard they're handy! true that, think there's a dublin bikes thing near enough to halls! yeah be grand sure!:D god that would be handy a roommate who was never there!:L

not so bad, you'll not be alone so! i know a few starting and a few already in trinity but don't know anyone else doing nursing so it'll be a bit scary at first i'd say!:L all my close friends are going to different colleges!:L

we will surely!:P ah that's not too bad then, at least you have a back up!:P you must know it fairly well so I'll take you word on it, coz like when i told dad, he grew in dublin, he was like "oh now that's a bad area" but pretty sure he was a southsider so there obviously some bias there!:L NO eye contact..got it!:D

suppose if you're using the bus alot it's not too bad to pay like..was thinking of getting one of those leap cards heard they're handy! true that, think there's a dublin bikes thing near enough to halls! yeah be grand sure!:D god that would be handy a roommate who was never there!:L

not so bad, you'll not be alone so! i know a few starting and a few already in trinity but don't know anyone else doing nursing so it'll be a bit scary at first i'd say!:L all my close friends are going to different colleges!:L

Well obviously a southsider is going to think its bad! The are isn't great, most people living there don't go to college etc, but they're not that bad! Just look at your shoes the whole time ;)

Don't get a leap card, get a student travel card because it works out cheaper in the long run if you use it twice a day! The Dublin bikes would be very handy for you, I don't know anything about them though :L

I suppose I'm not totally alone, but I can't be hanging out with them all the time when they don't do my course! Ah sure we'll be grand after the first few days of awkward aloneness! Where are you from? :)

Well obviously a southsider is going to think its bad! The are isn't great, most people living there don't go to college etc, but they're not that bad! Just look at your shoes the whole time ;)

Don't get a leap card, get a student travel card because it works out cheaper in the long run if you use it twice a day! The Dublin bikes would be very handy for you, I don't know anything about them though :L

I suppose I'm not totally alone, but I can't be hanging out with them all the time when they don't do my course! Ah sure we'll be grand after the first few days of awkward aloneness! Where are you from? :)

yeah i thought so:L but like i don't really mind if it's a bad area sure the hospital has a goos rep that's all that really matters to me anyways!:D I'll buy nice new shoes just to look at!:L

oh really? cool thanks i might apply for one of them then!:D yeah i have no clue about them either, must google that!:L

haha true enough but hey if we get in the same hospital and class I'll hang around with ya...i promise I'm not much of a creep!:L sure once everyone has a few drunken nights out together as a class i'm sure we'll all get on grand!:L I'm from Cyaaavan (Cavan)...must stress though I'm not a bogger of any sorts!:L

• Advertisement

yeah i thought so:L but like i don't really mind if it's a bad area sure the hospital has a goos rep that's all that really matters to me anyways!:D I'll buy nice new shoes just to look at!:L

oh really? cool thanks i might apply for one of them then!:D yeah i have no clue about them either, must google that!:L

haha true enough but hey if we get in the same hospital and class I'll hang around with ya...i promise I'm not much of a creep!:L sure once everyone has a few drunken nights out together as a class i'm sure we'll all get on grand!:L I'm from Cyaaavan (Cavan)...must stress though I'm not a bogger of any sorts!:L

Exactly, I'd rather go to James than any other hospital...I think it's known world wide. You should always have nice shoes anyway :P

You can get the travel cards in newsagents and probably the Dublin bus building on oconnell street!

I dunno...I don't really associate with Cavan people :cool: ah no, sure I'll talk to ya! Im hoping that the people in nursing will generally be more friendly than the people doing, let's say physics, because of the profession? Perhaps I'm being a tad optimistic! My dad's actually from Cavan but moved here when he was 15 :L

Exactly, I'd rather go to James than any other hospital...I think it's known world wide. You should always have nice shoes anyway :P

You can get the travel cards in newsagents and probably the Dublin bus building on oconnell street!

I dunno...I don't really associate with Cavan people :cool: ah no, sure I'll talk to ya! Im hoping that the people in nursing will generally be more friendly than the people doing, let's say physics, because of the profession? Perhaps I'm being a tad optimistic! My dad's actually from Cavan but moved here when he was 15 :L

is it? that would be a very good hospital to train in so!:D there's a good motto to live by!:L

ah good so there not one of those things that will take about 10 forms filled in to get!:L i'll definitely give them a go!

well if it helps my cause i've only lived in Cavan for about 9 years...like that's barely a decade!:p haha yeah that's what i thought aswell, like it's kind of necessary that they're nice, so the first week can't be too bad!:L haha really? small world!:L

is it? that would be a very good hospital to train in so!:D there's a good motto to live by!:L

ah good so there not one of those things that will take about 10 forms filled in to get!:L i'll definitely give them a go!

well if it helps my cause i've only lived in Cavan for about 9 years...like that's barely a decade!:p haha yeah that's what i thought aswell, like it's kind of necessary that they're nice, so the first week can't be too bad!:L haha really? small world!:L

Yeah, I think it's more widely known anyway!

No no, it's super easy...you just have to have a student travel card with you when you're buying it...I must get a student travel card actually :L

Ah sure what's 9 years? Nothing at all :P tis indeed, he's from bawnboy!
    That's what I'm hoping for anyway...you'd hardly do nursing if you were a mean and rude person! Going to be about 2 guys in the course though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Gemma.93 wrote: »
    Children's and General Nursing in DCU,I cannot WAIT :D:D
    Same!!! Ahhhh :)

Yeah, I think it's more widely known anyway!

No no, it's super easy...you just have to have a student travel card with you when you're buying it...I must get a student travel card actually :L

Ah sure what's 9 years? Nothing at all :P tis indeed, he's from bawnboy!
    That's what I'm hoping for anyway...you'd hardly do nursing if you were a mean and rude person! Going to be about 2 guys in the course though :(

That'll be pretty useful then when we go looking for jobs!

note to self..get student travel card, it would be so much better coz i never have the right change on me!:L
    sure 9 years is nothing on 90 after all...and that's when it counts i think!:L
    they wouldn't get very far in the profession if they were, and they probably wouldn't want to be doing it much either if they were mean and rude although then again i could be proved wrong!:L I know, such a big downside, wish boys would realize it's okay to do nursing too!:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

Trinity people, anyone know when are we getting our timetables?!All my friends in UCD have theirs!Wehh :'(

Oh and James' Hospital is on the Southside ;) You can get the luas straight there and avoid any odd people on Thomas street or wherever, but you're going to get weirdos everywhere anyway!

That'll be pretty useful then when we go looking for jobs!

note to self..get student travel card, it would be so much better coz i never have the right change on me!:L
    sure 9 years is nothing on 90 after all...and that's when it counts i think!:L
    they wouldn't get very far in the profession if they were, and they probably wouldn't want to be doing it much either if they were mean and rude although then again i could be proved wrong!:L I know, such a big downside, wish boys would realize it's okay to do nursing too!:L

Sorry for the massive delay, I was working most of the week and had my debs on Tuesday!

I'd love to go on an Erasmus or even move to another country for a little while after we finish!

Ah you'll be grand, There'll be loads of people from the country in our course...maybe a few cavaners :P

I hope we're not being too optimistic about that...I was talking to a friend about it and she was telling me that she knows a few girls from Loreto on the green who do nursing in ucd and they're veryyy d4/snobby :O Hopefully they'll stick to ucd :L

We'll just have to make lots of friends in more guy orientated courses like physics or computer studies ;)

Trinity people, anyone know when are we getting our timetables?!All my friends in UCD have theirs!Wehh :'(

Oh and James' Hospital is on the Southside ;) You can get the luas straight there and avoid any odd people on Thomas street or wherever, but you're going to get weirdos everywhere anyway!

I think we get them when we register or during freshers week? Not sure which one though

I know it's on the southside :L I just figured wibblin meant that her dad was from a good subside area and therefore would look down on rialto! I agree 100% that's there's weird people everywhere...especially in Dublin

I think we get them when we register or during freshers week? Not sure which one though

I know it's on the southside :L I just figured wibblin meant that her dad was from a good subside area and therefore would look down on rialto! I agree 100% that's there's weird people everywhere...especially in Dublin

Oh haha, sorry didn't mean to sound rude!
    Aw I'm dying to get the timetable, it's soo frustrating because everyone I know have theirs :-( I only know 2 people going to Trinity and they're doing pharmacy...
    Apparently we get half days on Wednesdays :0 Hope that's true because I think we have way more hours in college than most other courses..

Oh haha!Aw I'm dying to get the timetable, it's soo frustrating because everyone I know have theirs :-( I only know 2 people going to Trinity and they're doing pharmacy...
    Apparently we get half days on Wednesdays :0 Hope that's true because I think we have way more hours in college than most other courses..

I know, did you see that on the freshers event? And a day off on either Thursday or friday some weeks!! :D I thought we would have been in 9-5 Monday to Friday because it's nursing...but if that person on the event page is right, imma be so happy

Do you mean people you know in trinity have theirs or are they in different colleges? I'd hate to be in college already though...we still have 11 days, wow that's not actually that far away :O

Oh haha!Aw I'm dying to get the timetable, it's soo frustrating because everyone I know have theirs :-( I only know 2 people going to Trinity and they're doing pharmacy...

I know, did you see that on the freshers event? And a day off on either Thursday or friday some weeks!! :D I thought we would have been in 9-5 Monday to Friday because it's nursing...but if that person on the event page is right, imma be so happy

Do you mean people you know in trinity have theirs or are they in different colleges? I'd hate to be in college already though...we still have 11 days, wow that's not actually that far away :O

Yeah I saw it on facebook :D I hope it's true!

No most of my friends are in UCD and started on Monday and got their timetables!Yeah I think it's going to be a lot more demanding for us than people doing other courses, all my friends doing arts in ucd only have like 8-13 hours a week in college and get every Friday off!
    I'm sooooo excited now!Hope it's easy to make friends but yeah I read the other posts I'm kind of counting on people being friendly and nice because of the course too :L
    11 days :o That's so close now,can't wait!

Yeah I saw it on facebook :D I hope it's true!

No most of my friends are in UCD and started on Monday and got their timetables!Yeah I think it's going to be a lot more demanding for us than people doing other courses, all my friends doing arts in ucd only have like 8-13 hours a week in college and get every Friday off!
    I'm sooooo excited now!Hope it's easy to make friends but yeah I read the other posts I'm kind of counting on people being friendly and nice because of the course too :L
    11 days :o That's so close now,can't wait!

I reallyyyy hope it's true! We'll probhably have lots of hours of stuff to do outside of college as well though :/

A few of my friends are going to UCD too and I'm so jealous that they know their times :( but could you imagine being in college already?!

I'd say we'll be grand, it'll just be awkward for the first few days meeting everyone for the first time! You have to be nice to be a nurse like...so fingers crossed :L

I know I'm so excited! For freshers week do we just have to go to a few lectures, join societies and go out lots? Oh and get our student ID!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Fingers crossed for Nursing in 2013 :)

I was just on tcd.ie/orientation...has anyone gotten an email giving the details of our tutor (name etc)? It says we should have gotten it in our my.tcd.ie intray between 10 days and 3 weeks after we accepted our offer but I haven't gotten it :confused:

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Nursing in 2013 :)

Good Luck!

Sorry for the massive delay, I was working most of the week and had my debs on Tuesday!

I'd love to go on an Erasmus or even move to another country for a little while after we finish!

Ah you'll be grand, There'll be loads of people from the country in our course...maybe a few cavaners :P

I hope we're not being too optimistic about that...I was talking to a friend about it and she was telling me that she knows a few girls from Loreto on the green who do nursing in ucd and they're veryyy d4/snobby :O Hopefully they'll stick to ucd :L

We'll just have to make lots of friends in more guy orientated courses like physics or computer studies ;)

ah na it's grando! oh cool how was your debs? yeah same, I'd love to go to Australia after final year or even England would be fun but definitely want to go abroad! haha invasion of the culchies!:L

na I doubt it, most people are nice in general I think, there's usually only a minority that are like stuck up or not nice so good chance most people will be nice! also don't judge but I'm an ex Loreto girl (Cavan version) and I'd like to think I'm not snobby!:L

haha sounds like a plan, was actually reading on facebook the tcd freshers page that the computer science lads were saying the same thing that they were all lads and no girls!:L

• Advertisement

ah na it's grando! oh cool how was your debs? yeah same, I'd love to go to Australia after final year or even England would be fun but definitely want to go abroad! haha invasion of the culchies!:L

na I doubt it, most people are nice in general I think, there's usually only a minority that are like stuck up or not nice so good chance most people will be nice! also don't judge but I'm an ex Loreto girl (Cavan version) and I'd like to think I'm not snobby!:L

haha sounds like a plan, was actually reading on facebook the tcd freshers page that the computer science lads were saying the same thing that they were all lads and no girls!:L

My debs was great! It was so good to see everyone again. We got a bus back to our school and then I walked home at 6.30 in my dress :L there was loads of people jogging up and down the road....why aren't they in bed?! How was yours?

Can we do an Erasmus in nursing? Id love to go to Scotland cause I adore the accent :D I heard there's loads of nursing jobs in Australia

Hopefully now that we're in college, people will see through the snobbyness and won't see it as being "cool"! Ah I'm sure you're not snobby :)

Its definitely a plan and we should join manly societies and sports like rugby to find more :P actually, one guy liked the general nursing post on the event page! Yay we have one :L

Did you see my post above about an email from the tutor? Did you get one? :S

My debs was great! It was so good to see everyone again. We got a bus back to our school and then I walked home at 6.30 in my dress :L there was loads of people jogging up and down the road....why aren't they in bed?! How was yours?

Can we do an Erasmus in nursing? Id love to go to Scotland cause I adore the accent :D I heard there's loads of nursing jobs in Australia

Hopefully now that we're in college, people will see through the snobbyness and won't see it as being "cool"! Ah I'm sure you're not snobby :)

Its definitely a plan and we should join manly societies and sports like rugby to find more :P actually, one guy liked the general nursing post on the event page! Yay we have one :L

Did you see my post above about an email from the tutor? Did you get one? :S

yeah thats the best part of the debs, seeing everyone again! Haha I wonder if people saw you walking home and thought you were doing a classier version of the walk of shame?:L how do people have the will power to jog at that time ?:O ah mine was great too, although the next day I had to go to Donegal for a wedding the next morn...zero sleep!:/

errr....I dunno if we can or not... it would be cool if we could! plus scotland is supposed to be great and very student orientated for nights out and stuff! yeah, heard that too which just makes my plan for australia a little bit more likely!:D

Ah yeah they will sure for most people they end up in a class where they don't know anyone so that can't really be snobby and make friends too!:/ haha thanks!:L

oooh that's a really good plan, why didn't I think of that before?..it seems so obvious!:L yeah i saw that and there was actually another guy i saw who said he was doing general nursing too..so if my maths are correct..i think we might just have 2!:O:D

no i didn't one either, i was wondering about that myself but like it could be just because the system is so slow this year but I might email them on Monday if there's no email by then! also waiting on the email to register aswell!:/

yeah thats the best part of the debs, seeing everyone again! Haha I wonder if people saw you walking home and thought you were doing a classier version of the walk of shame?:L how do people have the will power to jog at that time ?:O ah mine was great too, although the next day I had to go to Donegal for a wedding the next morn...zero sleep!:/

errr....I dunno if we can or not... it would be cool if we could! plus scotland is supposed to be great and very student orientated for nights out and stuff! yeah, heard that too which just makes my plan for australia a little bit more likely!:D

Ah yeah they will sure for most people they end up in a class where they don't know anyone so that can't really be snobby and make friends too!:/ haha thanks!:L

oooh that's a really good plan, why didn't I think of that before?..it seems so obvious!:L yeah i saw that and there was actually another guy i saw who said he was doing general nursing too..so if my maths are correct..i think we might just have 2!:O:D

no i didn't one either, i was wondering about that myself but like it could be just because the system is so slow this year but I might email them on Monday if there's no email by then! also waiting on the email to register aswell!:/

Haha they might have indeed...however there were a few of us in most directions so they might have copped on. It's debs season in Dublin, there was another one yesterday, one tonight and 2 next week all from my area! Zero hours sleep sucks :( I didn't get up til 2 the next day!

Awh I hope we can go on an Erasmus :( I think ucd nursing can? I'd go to either Scotland or England I think!

Yeah, hopefully after everything in secondary school people will realise snobbery doesn't equal a good friend!

Ah I'd hardly join rugby though...For sports, I was thinking sailing and yoga, there want be many guys doing either :( definitely something to consider though. I used my calculater and....you're correct! Yay 2

I was thinking it could be the slow system too...I'll email them on Monday as well if I don't hear anything! Sure no one has gotten the email to register!

Haha they might have indeed...however there were a few of us in most directions so they might have copped on. It's debs season in Dublin, there was another one yesterday, one tonight and 2 next week all from my area! Zero hours sleep sucks :( I didn't get up til 2 the next day!

Awh I hope we can go on an Erasmus :( I think ucd nursing can? I'd go to either Scotland or England I think!

Yeah, hopefully after everything in secondary school people will realise snobbery doesn't equal a good friend!

Ah I'd hardly join rugby though...For sports, I was thinking sailing and yoga, there want be many guys doing either :( definitely something to consider though. I used my calculater and....you're correct! Yay 2

I was thinking it could be the slow system too...I'll email them on Monday as well if I don't hear anything! Sure no one has gotten the email to register!

Ah the aul safety in numbers bit, makes everything more acceptable!:P Oh really? that seems so late compared to the ones here back in july/early august!:P yeah it did but alcohol kept me going for a bit!:L that's exactly what i did after the 24hr straight day!:L

Yeah think they can, that would've been brilliant! oooh that would be cool!

Hopefully because they're older and wiser!:P but if not they might not get very far in the course, I doubt people will be though!:D

hmm...maybe join rugby and just watch and cheer? yoga would be cool, wonder if there is Pilates too? hope they're good crack!:L yeah sure we'll probably hear during freshers week either if we don't get an email, sure don't think anyone has heard! yeah thats true!

Ah the aul safety in numbers bit, makes everything more acceptable!:P Oh really? that seems so late compared to the ones here back in july/early august!:P yeah it did but alcohol kept me going for a bit!:L that's exactly what i did after the 24hr straight day!:L

Yeah think they can, that would've been brilliant! oooh that would be cool!

Hopefully because they're older and wiser!:P but if not they might not get very far in the course, I doubt people will be though!:D

hmm...maybe join rugby and just watch and cheer? yoga would be cool, wonder if there is Pilates too? hope they're good crack!:L yeah sure we'll probably hear during freshers week either if we don't get an email, sure don't think anyone has heard! yeah thats true!

Yeah, country debs are always earlier because everyone goes to lots of different colleges whereas city debs are in September! There's some that aren't til later too, belvedere's debs isn't til January but they rent out the aviva or Croke park :O

I wonder if we can do an erasmus? I think Australia would be too far away for me tbh!

Haha I doubt we could join rugby and never participate :L we'll think if something! There's which is just about the Internet...I'm sure there'd be guys there :) Oh I've always wanted to try Pilates!

When do you get to move into halls?

Yeah, country debs are always earlier because everyone goes to lots of different colleges whereas city debs are in September! There's some that aren't til later too, belvedere's debs isn't til January but they rent out the aviva or Croke park :O

I wonder if we can do an erasmus? I think Australia would be too far away for me tbh!

Haha I doubt we could join rugby and never participate :L we'll think if something! There's which is just about the Internet...I'm sure there'd be guys there :) Oh I've always wanted to try Pilates!

When do you get to move into halls?

huh, i never thought of that, that makes a lot more sense! that seems so late, but jeez they go all out don't they? that would be fun to go to i'd say!:L

yeah i dunno if we can though, i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere! It is pretty far away, leaving your family and friends and stuff would be tough, it'd be grand for me coz i have family over there!

haha true, but we might be able to get away with it for a month or so!:L oh true boys always go to the computery type things! so have I, it supposed to be great for getting into shape! I love the way the gym is basically free!:D

I've to move up on friday, it seems so far away, just want to start already!

Do ya know anyone living in Halls?

huh, i never thought of that, that makes a lot more sense! that seems so late, but jeez they go all out don't they? that would be fun to go to i'd say!:L

yeah i dunno if we can though, i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere! It is pretty far away, leaving your family and friends and stuff would be tough, it'd be grand for me coz i have family over there!

haha true, but we might be able to get away with it for a month or so!:L oh true boys always go to the computery type things! so have I, it supposed to be great for getting into shape! I love the way the gym is basically free!:D

I've to move up on friday, it seems so far away, just want to start already!

Do ya know anyone living in Halls?

Could you imagine having your debs in the aviva?!

Awh I hope we can do it and we've both just happened to miss the parts of the website that say we can? *optimism :P Ah so have you been there before, yeah? I'd love to go one day!

Haha well like you can join the phil and the hist but you never actually have to debate, you just go to all their events...so maybe you could do that for rugby too :L Although perhaps rugby people aren't the nicest? Maybe hurling! I know, 77 euro or somethiing for the whole year...other gyms could nearly be 77 a month!

Oh wow Friday is getting close! Have you packed yet? My brother moved down to Galway last weekend...the house is so quiet when he's gone :O Are you excited to live in the big shmoke? ;) Do you know who you live with or anything? No, sorry I don't...anyone I know from the country is going to UL or NUIG

Oh did you get a thing in the post today with loads of fresher's week and society stuff? My envelope was totally ripped on one side :L

Could you imagine having your debs in the aviva?!

Awh I hope we can do it and we've both just happened to miss the parts of the website that say we can? *optimism :P Ah so have you been there before, yeah? I'd love to go one day!

Haha well like you can join the phil and the hist but you never actually have to debate, you just go to all their events...so maybe you could do that for rugby too :L Although perhaps rugby people aren't the nicest? Maybe hurling! I know, 77 euro or somethiing for the whole year...other gyms could nearly be 77 a month!

Oh wow Friday is getting close! Have you packed yet? My brother moved down to Galway last weekend...the house is so quiet when he's gone :O Are you excited to live in the big shmoke? ;) Do you know who you live with or anything? No, sorry I don't...anyone I know from the country is going to UL or NUIG

Oh did you get a thing in the post today with loads of fresher's week and society stuff? My envelope was totally ripped on one side :L

Debs in the aviva stadium would be so amazing!:O

hey you never know, it might be hidden in fine print somewhere!:L Yeah i was in Melbourne before, it's brilliant, everyone seemed so friendly and of course the weather!:L you definitely should it's really a great country!:P

That would be great, i actually might join them, they seem like the two biggest societies! haha i think rugby soc could be a least attempted!:L are hurlers nice?:L Yeah it's brilliant, I'll hopefully be at the gym at lot this year!

It really is, getting so excited for it now! no, not yet, have no idea how to start packing, i've just so much stuff i need!:L you're lucky you don't have to pack, it so much hassle!:L ah really? but is the quiet welcome? AHHH so excited, i just can't wait to be able to leave my apartment and be able to do whatever i want basically!:L Yeah i actually found the girl i'm sharing the room with on a facebook group "find your flatmates" thing but don't know who else is in the apartment but sure I'll find out soon enough!:P oh right, if ya had known someone ya could've gone to the all events Halls is having for the freshers, theres like a whole timetable looks pretty good!

yeah got it this morning, got all excited because it was like the first letter from Trinity!:L yeah mine was all ripped too!:L ya picked what societies to join yet?

Debs in the aviva stadium would be so amazing!:O

hey you never know, it might be hidden in fine print somewhere!:L Yeah i was in Melbourne before, it's brilliant, everyone seemed so friendly and of course the weather!:L you definitely should it's really a great country!:P

That would be great, i actually might join them, they seem like the two biggest societies! haha i think rugby soc could be a least attempted!:L are hurlers nice?:L Yeah it's brilliant, I'll hopefully be at the gym at lot this year!

It really is, getting so excited for it now! no, not yet, have no idea how to start packing, i've just so much stuff i need!:L you're lucky you don't have to pack, it so much hassle!:L ah really? but is the quiet welcome? AHHH so excited, i just can't wait to be able to leave my apartment and be able to do whatever i want basically!:L Yeah i actually found the girl i'm sharing the room with on a facebook group "find your flatmates" thing but don't know who else is in the apartment but sure I'll find out soon enough!:P oh right, if ya had known someone ya could've gone to the all events Halls is having for the freshers, theres like a whole timetable looks pretty good!

yeah got it this morning, got all excited because it was like the first letter from Trinity!:L yeah mine was all ripped too!:L ya picked what societies to join yet?

I hope it's in the really tiny fine print :pac: Ah that sounds lovely...and the guys presumably have surfer bodies :cool:

I think GAA followers are generally nice? I know I'm being a bit pidgeon hole-y but in a good way!

Haha so my postman wasn't reading through my stuff then?! :L I got real excited while reading them all. i think I'll join the phil, the hist, food and drink, saint vincent de paul, sci-fi, maybe music society or the choral one and I can't think of any others right now! You? For sports I don't really know...yoga/pilates and sailing, I haven't given sport much thought yet though! Do you know?

It would be so cool to move out, but my parents are really laid back towards times etc so I'm grand really. Packing does seem very stressful, my brother did it the night before :L I don't know whether it's a welcome quiet really...I miss his humour but i'ts nice having a quiet house at the same time.
    That's great that you know who you're sharing with :) Awh I feel like I'm missing out on loads now :(

• Advertisement

I hope it's in the really tiny fine print :pac: Ah that sounds lovely...and the guys presumably have surfer bodies :cool:

I think GAA followers are generally nice? I know I'm being a bit pidgeon hole-y but in a good way!

Haha so my postman wasn't reading through my stuff then?! :L I got real excited while reading them all. i think I'll join the phil, the hist, food and drink, saint vincent de paul, sci-fi, maybe music society or the choral one and I can't think of any others right now! You? For sports I don't really know...yoga/pilates and sailing, I haven't given sport much thought yet though! Do you know?

It would be so cool to move out, but my parents are really laid back towards times etc so I'm grand really. Packing does seem very stressful, my brother did it the night before :L I don't know whether it's a welcome quiet really...I miss his humour but i'ts nice having a quiet house at the same time.
    That's great that you know who you're sharing with :) Awh I feel like I'm missing out on loads now :(

Ah it was, and yes they do and for the most part they showed off their surfer bodies alot!:L

I don't know, I'm not much a GAA follower but hey i hear they make good sandwiches and always have a bag of tayto? haha it's all positive, it's all okay!:L

Hmm maybe not, maybe just a sly peak or two!:D ahh so did I, theres so many, but I mainly guna choose the ones that seem to have lots of nights out and general craic!:D Mine are kinda the same choices as yours bar the musicy ones and i'm thinking of joining the cancer research one! as for sport i was thinking yoga for defo and maybe paintballing, i'd say that would be brilliant craic!:L but sure I'll see on the day!:L

That's not so bad and sure you'll probably be able to stay over at fellow students places after some nights out and stuff!:D so stressful, so much to remember!:L haha really? well boys dont generally need as much as girls do or care as much about what they bring!:L Ah yeah, sure there's always skype too if it gets too quiet!:D yeah it'll make things easier a bit! well not loads just a little bit, but hey i'm sure you could gatecrash or something?:L

Advertisement