Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing and Midwifery prospective students 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭monkeysarecool

wibblin wrote: »
    Ah it was, and yes they do and for the most part they showed off their surfer bodies alot!:L

I don't know, I'm not much a GAA follower but hey i hear they make good sandwiches and always have a bag of tayto? haha it's all positive, it's all okay!:L

Hmm maybe not, maybe just a sly peak or two!:D ahh so did I, theres so many, but I mainly guna choose the ones that seem to have lots of nights out and general craic!:D Mine are kinda the same choices as yours bar the musicy ones and i'm thinking of joining the cancer research one! as for sport i was thinking yoga for defo and maybe paintballing, i'd say that would be brilliant craic!:L but sure I'll see on the day!:L

That's not so bad and sure you'll probably be able to stay over at fellow students places after some nights out and stuff!:D so stressful, so much to remember!:L haha really? well boys dont generally need as much as girls do or care as much about what they bring!:L Ah yeah, sure there's always skype too if it gets too quiet!:D yeah it'll make things easier a bit! well not loads just a little bit, but hey i'm sure you could gatecrash or something?:L

Tanned surfers...sounds like a great holiday!

GAA people always have tayto and sandwiches!

Oooo paint balling would be fun! Yeah I think I'll see what catches my eye :) haha I'm thinking of going on the cable tie pub crawl on Monday or tuesday...bit nervous that I'd be put with someone awful though :L ive heard a lot about the fish society cause they go out a lot! I'll see you at some of the societies so :pac:
    I doubt I'll keep up with all the societies I join...everyone seems to join loads during freshers week and then never go to them again!

Awh sure I'll just sleep on someone's couch...that'd be so much fun! You're going to have a great time living with people :) hehe I'll just pretend i live in halls so :P ah in grand really, he texts a bit and comes home every second or third weekend! Girls Definitely have more stuff to bring...more clothes, makeup, toiletries etc and guys are more laid back about it anyway

And yes...listen out for a cough :P that way if someone says "wtf is a wibblin" I'll be like "what? I was just coughing?" :S haha! We should have hand signals too to show we are boardsies :L

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

Not long now guys :0 See yous soon woo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

Can't wait for it! Roll on Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wibblin

Tanned surfers...sounds like a great holiday!

GAA people always have tayto and sandwiches!

Oooo paint balling would be fun! Yeah I think I'll see what catches my eye :) haha I'm thinking of going on the cable tie pub crawl on Monday or tuesday...bit nervous that I'd be put with someone awful though :L ive heard a lot about the fish society cause they go out a lot! I'll see you at some of the societies so :pac:
    I doubt I'll keep up with all the societies I join...everyone seems to join loads during freshers week and then never go to them again!

Awh sure I'll just sleep on someone's couch...that'd be so much fun! You're going to have a great time living with people :) hehe I'll just pretend i live in halls so :P ah in grand really, he texts a bit and comes home every second or third weekend! Girls Definitely have more stuff to bring...more clothes, makeup, toiletries etc and guys are more laid back about it anyway

haha oh it really was!:L

GAA society it is so, dem guys!:L

wouldn't it though, and like it says you play against other colleges!:D That's the best plan! wait, wait, wait hold the phone what it this about a cable tie pub crawl???:O if its what i think it is...I WANT IN!!:O yeah i've heard that too about that society!:L haha you probably will, just start calling Wibblin and see who looks, that'll be me...maybe!:L yeah best not join all of them so, save some money!:L

Couches aren't all bad either, sometimes they get some bad rep, but thy're really not that bad!:D yeah that's mainly why i wanted to live on halls because it'd be better craic with more people, more the merrier and all that!:D haha do, the pretending would be worth it!:P ah not so bad, best of both worlds so!:L definitely so, like i've already got 4 huge bags and i think i might need another!:/ sure lad would wear the same thing for a week and not be bother about it!:L have you registered yet or anything?

haha oh it really was!:L

GAA society it is so, dem guys!:L

wouldn't it though, and like it says you play against other colleges!:D That's the best plan! wait, wait, wait hold the phone what it this about a cable tie pub crawl???:O if its what i think it is...I WANT IN!!:O yeah i've heard that too about that society!:L haha you probably will, just start calling Wibblin and see who looks, that'll be me...maybe!:L yeah best not join all of them so, save some money!:L

Couches aren't all bad either, sometimes they get some bad rep, but thy're really not that bad!:D yeah that's mainly why i wanted to live on halls because it'd be better craic with more people, more the merrier and all that!:D haha do, the pretending would be worth it!:P ah not so bad, best of both worlds so!:L definitely so, like i've already got 4 huge bags and i think i might need another!:/ sure lad would wear the same thing for a week and not be bother about it!:L have you registered yet or anything?

Woo GAA! I won't actually be playing that either :L

Ah it sounds so much fun...think I'll add it to my list ;) haha yes, you're wrist is tied to a strangers wrist with a cable tie and then you go on a pub crawl! The hits is doing it on Monday and the phil are doing it on Tuesday (I think), just read their leaflets....also, loving all the free food that will be available to us :D I'll just be like *cough* wibblin *cough* and hope for the best...haha maybe you'll turn around! You can just ask people what's their view of monkeys :O

Couches are tote comfy...especially if you fall asleep while watching tv! Very smart move living in halls so :) haha could you imagine me actually crashing a halls party and pretending I lived there and then someone asks me what room I'm in and I accidentally give them their own room number :L best leave it so :P

Wow 4 bags :O You know you can just bring stuff up the following weekend to?! Haha they wear clothes for agessss, we have to change all the time...it's actually going to be so stressful nint having a uniform anymore :/
    No, haven't registered or gotten the tutors details or paid or paid for my freshers week wrist band :L you?

• Advertisement

Woo GAA! I won't actually be playing that either :L

Ah it sounds so much fun...think I'll add it to my list ;) haha yes, you're wrist is tied to a strangers wrist with a cable tie and then you go on a pub crawl! The hits is doing it on Monday and the phil are doing it on Tuesday (I think), just read their leaflets....also, loving all the free food that will be available to us :D I'll just be like *cough* wibblin *cough* and hope for the best...haha maybe you'll turn around! You can just ask people what's their view of monkeys :O

Couches are tote comfy...especially if you fall asleep while watching tv! Very smart move living in halls so :) haha could you imagine me actually crashing a halls party and pretending I lived there and then someone asks me what room I'm in and I accidentally give them their own room number :L best leave it so :P

Wow 4 bags :O You know you can just bring stuff up the following weekend to?! Haha they wear clothes for agessss, we have to change all the time...it's actually going to be so stressful nint having a uniform anymore :/
    No, haven't registered or gotten the tutors details or paid or paid for my freshers week wrist band :L you?

haha no but I'm sure they always like to have more supporters!:D

It really would be...yano fresh meat and all!:P OH HO it is what i thought it was and i think i most definitely want in, that would be so much fun, even if it was with a weirdo just get them drunk and you'd have a great time! OMG theres free food too?:O okay i really need to actually read through these leaflets again!:L haha okay I'll look out for a cough aswell! haha it's like a secret code!:L

exactly, also with a snuggie to and you have the perfect couch experience right there!:D haha yeah that might get awkward alright but hey at that point you just steal their drink and RUN!:P

4 sounds like a lot now!:L well i'm not going home every weekend and next weekend i'll be away at a wedding so i wont be going home just straight to and back!:/ Like really wont get used to no uniform, it's going to take ages to get dressed now but hey at least when we're on placement we'll have a uniform!

oh good, was panicked that i was the only one who has had any of those things done yet!:L is it like 30 euro for a freshers band?

haha no but I'm sure they always like to have more supporters!:D

It really would be...yano fresh meat and all!:P OH HO it is what i thought it was and i think i most definitely want in, that would be so much fun, even if it was with a weirdo just get them drunk and you'd have a great time! OMG theres free food too?:O okay i really need to actually read through these leaflets again!:L haha okay I'll look out for a cough aswell! haha it's like a secret code!:L

exactly, also with a snuggie to and you have the perfect couch experience right there!:D haha yeah that might get awkward alright but hey at that point you just steal their drink and RUN!:P

4 sounds like a lot now!:L well i'm not going home every weekend and next weekend i'll be away at a wedding so i wont be going home just straight to and back!:/ Like really wont get used to no uniform, it's going to take ages to get dressed now but hey at least when we're on placement we'll have a uniform!

oh good, was panicked that i was the only one who has had any of those things done yet!:L is it like 30 euro for a freshers band?

And we can bring some tayto...gaa players love tayto ;)

haha fresh meat! Paint balling always looks so much fun on tv...think I'll have to try it :D yeah I'd say it'll be fun...hopefully...or it could be really awkward and horrible :L are you going to go on Monday or Tuesday? Lots of places have free food...you really have to read the leaflets!

Awh I don't have a snuggle, I'll just bring a dressing gown and turn it the other way round :pac: haha so I steal drink now as well? That's starting to be a long list of offences!

Ah I'm sure every other girl will have more than 4 :L love weddings :O do you think you'll go home often? I'm just going to have to decide what to wear the night before :/ uniforms are so under appreciated

Have you paid yet? I should really get onto that. Yeah, 30...I should really get onto that too or they'll be sold out! Can you get them online or do you just send it in the post?

And we can bring some tayto...gaa players love tayto ;)

haha fresh meat! Paint balling always looks so much fun on tv...think I'll have to try it :D yeah I'd say it'll be fun...hopefully...or it could be really awkward and horrible :L are you going to go on Monday or Tuesday? Lots of places have free food...you really have to read the leaflets!

Awh I don't have a snuggle, I'll just bring a dressing gown and turn it the other way round :pac: haha so I steal drink now as well? That's starting to be a long list of offences!

Ah I'm sure every other girl will have more than 4 :L love weddings :O do you think you'll go home often? I'm just going to have to decide what to wear the night before :/ uniforms are so under appreciated

Have you paid yet? I should really get onto that. Yeah, 30...I should really get onto that too or they'll be sold out! Can you get them online or do you just send it in the post?

Haha evil plan...lure them in with tayto!:L

It really does it also looks like a great way to vent aswell, so hey might come in handy! haha na i doubt it would be too awkward and horrible...like it would only be for a few hours and sure just drink and numb the sting of awkwardness!:L I think i would go on the tuesday with the phil seeing as they might have a big outcome! haha okay okay, i'll get around to it, i'll read it all at some stage!!:D

Haha omg that would work perfectly, it's basically the same thing!:O haha yeah a little list but hey just give a fake name and you would totally get away with it!:D

hopefully I don't want to look like i'm bringing the kitchen sink with me too! er i don't know, i'm doing driving lessons so i will probably have to go home alot but i only found that out recently, i had planned not to go home at all but meh!:L best way to do it, they really are theres so much pressure when theres no uniform!:/

yeah i've paid! eek i hope they don't sell out, was planning on getting the wristband when i got there but if they're going to be sold out might have to rethink that!:/ yeah i think ya can get them online theres a website, i have no clue about by post! really want to register, i keep thinking that i forgot something and that's why i can't register...i worry alot!:L

Haha evil plan...lure them in with tayto!:L

It really does it also looks like a great way to vent aswell, so hey might come in handy! haha na i doubt it would be too awkward and horrible...like it would only be for a few hours and sure just drink and numb the sting of awkwardness!:L I think i would go on the tuesday with the phil seeing as they might have a big outcome! haha okay okay, i'll get around to it, i'll read it all at some stage!!:D

Haha omg that would work perfectly, it's basically the same thing!:O haha yeah a little list but hey just give a fake name and you would totally get away with it!:D

hopefully I don't want to look like i'm bringing the kitchen sink with me too! er i don't know, i'm doing driving lessons so i will probably have to go home alot but i only found that out recently, i had planned not to go home at all but meh!:L best way to do it, they really are theres so much pressure when theres no uniform!:/

yeah i've paid! eek i hope they don't sell out, was planning on getting the wristband when i got there but if they're going to be sold out might have to rethink that!:/ yeah i think ya can get them online theres a website, i have no clue about by post! really want to register, i keep thinking that i forgot something and that's why i can't register...i worry alot!:L

Tayto is their kryptonite :pac:

Haha just pretend you're shouting your enemies with a real gun :P I think I'll go to the pub crawl on Monday AND Tuesday! I still haven't finished ready them all...not much left to read though and then I'm going to make a list of stuff I want to join and make a time table of events :L

I think I'll buy a snuggie though...wear does one buy a snuggie? I also want a onesie :D

Hahaha the kitchen sink! I think we might have a sink or two in Dublin...maybe ;) ah good luck at driving...I can't drive :( I'll justly out my clothes nice and neatly like mothers do on tv to their spoiled children!

I finally paid for college and now the student record tab is there but I can't see who my tutor is...no one can according to Facebook anyway. I know how you feel, freshers week is next week like :O

Did you see our timetable for next week? I think they changed it or I just missed it when I looked everything up.... http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/assets/pdf/HS_Timetable_PDF's/Nursing_General.pdf

Tayto is their kryptonite :pac:

Haha just pretend you're shouting your enemies with a real gun :P I think I'll go to the pub crawl on Monday AND Tuesday! I still haven't finished ready them all...not much left to read though and then I'm going to make a list of stuff I want to join and make a time table of events :L

I think I'll buy a snuggie though...wear does one buy a snuggie? I also want a onesie :D

Hahaha the kitchen sink! I think we might have a sink or two in Dublin...maybe ;) ah good luck at driving...I can't drive :( I'll justly out my clothes nice and neatly like mothers do on tv to their spoiled children!

I finally paid for college and now the student record tab is there but I can't see who my tutor is...no one can according to Facebook anyway. I know how you feel, freshers week is next week like :O

Did you see our timetable for next week? I think they changed it or I just missed it when I looked everything up.... http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/assets/pdf/HS_Timetable_PDF's/Nursing_General.pdf

Tayto be making them weak at the knees!:L

haha I'd never miss if i pictured their faces!:cool: haha really? wednesday morning might not be a good morning for you after two pub crawls and the nights out!:L wow, you must have some serious organisational skills to do all that!:L

hmm I'm not sure, got mine as a pressie!:P maybe dunnes or pennys? ooooh yeah i really want to get a onesie too, they just look so cosy!

But one can never have enough sinks around!:P ah thanks, driving is actually so much fun, scary though!:/ Haha oh those spoiled kids...so lucky! but night before would be handy, could have an extra 10 minutes sleep in!:D

yeah I don't think it's working yet, but someone said we'll hear tomorrow supposedly! I won't feel prepared until all the stuff like registration is done!:L ahhh so exciting, feels like this week has been more like a month!:/ hope bands don't sell out but sure they'd have to make more wouldn't hey?

oh thanks for that, would have totally missed that otherwise! they've changed it! so theres nothing on on Tuesday or Friday?

• Advertisement

What are you guys doing about jobs??You know the way they sent an email saying like ' all weekday work commitments must be finished by the 17th'? :S I'm prob going to need a job :L

Tayto be making them weak at the knees!:L

haha I'd never miss if i pictured their faces!:cool: haha really? wednesday morning might not be a good morning for you after two pub crawls and the nights out!:L wow, you must have some serious organisational skills to do all that!:L

hmm I'm not sure, got mine as a pressie!:P maybe dunnes or pennys? ooooh yeah i really want to get a onesie too, they just look so cosy!

But one can never have enough sinks around!:P ah thanks, driving is actually so much fun, scary though!:/ Haha oh those spoiled kids...so lucky! but night before would be handy, could have an extra 10 minutes sleep in!:D

yeah I don't think it's working yet, but someone said we'll hear tomorrow supposedly! I won't feel prepared until all the stuff like registration is done!:L ahhh so exciting, feels like this week has been more like a month!:/ hope bands don't sell out but sure they'd have to make more wouldn't hey?

oh thanks for that, would have totally missed that otherwise! they've changed it! so theres nothing on on Tuesday or Friday?

Haha I feel like you should say "arghhhh" after tayto be making them weak at the knees :L

I'm excited for paintball now :D yeah, I was talking to other boardsies on face book and they might be going to both, so I'll go to both :L And I'm only making a timetable so I don't miss out on anything, trying to get the whole college experience and what not :)

Imma go to Penneys and dunnes and find them! And be cosy forever... :D

Ah people always say "tomorrow" :/ I don't know if I'll get a band anymore, I think I'll go to society things and if I happen to go it, I'll go out! I'll probably go to freshers ball and go somewhere on Wednesday cause its my birthday, but I don't really want to do anything for my birthday this year cause ill hardly know anyone in college so going out seems okay :L

yeah I only happened to go onto the site when I saw it :O it seems like we don't have anything on Tuesday and Friday anyway...for now! I'll still go in though and so society stuff :)
    What are you guys doing about jobs??You know the way they sent an email saying like ' all weekday work commitments must be finished by the 17th'? :S I'm prob going to need a job :L

I work in a pub, so I'm going to keep doing one shift a week!

Omg I just got my tutor!Did you guys ?? :0 So exciting :D aaaah!

Yeah, got it there!
    Are we meant to email to arrange a time to meet up? :S
    You haven't registered yet, have you?

Yeah, got it there!
    Are we meant to email to arrange a time to meet up? :S
    You haven't registered yet, have you?
    No I haven't registered yet D: Looks like we'll be doing that on Monday :S Yeah ai don't know what to do :L Like I feel really awkward about emailing him!!

No I haven't registered yet D: Looks like we'll be doing that on Monday :S Yeah ai don't know what to do :L Like I feel really awkward about emailing him!!

Seriously Monday? people in sciencey subjects have been able to register :/

You have a "him"? I have a "her"....how many people are there to each tutor? Like are you just meant to email them and ask when would they be free to meet up? Sounds a bit awkward!

Seriously Monday? people in sciencey subjects have been able to register :/

You have a "him"? I have a "her"....how many people are there to each tutor? Like are you just meant to email them and ask when would they be free to meet up? Sounds a bit awkward!

Yeah I know!Yep.it's a him haha!I was a bit surprised about that!I don't have a clue :S Yeah it's sooo awkward!!I think I might wait til Monday and see if they say anything!I dunno :S Omg I'm getting so excited now!

Yeah I know!Yep.it's a him haha!I was a bit surprised about that!I don't have a clue :S Yeah it's sooo awkward!!I think I might wait til Monday and see if they say anything!I dunno :S Omg I'm getting so excited now!

I wanted to register online :(
    You have a him? Do you know how many people are in our course actually?
    Yeah, I'll wait a while too.
    Ah I can't wait! I've so much planned for Monday :L thank god were not in on Tuesday :pac:

I wanted to register online :(
    You have a him? Do you know how many people are in our course actually?
    Yeah, I'll wait a while too.
    Ah I can't wait! I've so much planned for Monday :L thank god were not in on Tuesday :pac:

I know.:o Eh I think around 90-100 :D So small enough compared to other courses!Hopefully it'll be easy to make friends!Oh really?:0 I think I'll be finished at 4 on Mon and I don't have the library tour and stuff til Wed!Are you moving up or do you already live in Dub? :D

I know.:o Eh I think around 90-100 :D So small enough compared to other courses!Hopefully it'll be easy to make friends!Oh really?:0 I think I'll be finished at 4 on Mon and I don't have the library tour and stuff til Wed!Are you moving up or do you already live in Dub? :D

Ah that's not too bad...I'd say it'll be way easier to make friends than if you were doing a TSM!

I'm finished at 3 on Monday, but I'm doing loads after...the ucd vs tcd debate, the pub crawl and freshers ball!

I think we talked about this before :L I live in Dublin, in drumcondra! Don't yu live near tallaght hospital?

• Advertisement

Really?:L I don't remember that!Yeah I live about 20 mins drive away... Oh yeah def waaay easier than TSM.Oh god I actually haven't planned anything at all!I'm finished at 4 on Monday though :L When's the freshers ball ?:0

Really?:L I don't remember that!Yeah I live about 20 mins drive away... Oh yeah def waaay easier than TSM.Oh god I actually haven't planned anything at all!I'm finished at 4 on Monday though :L When's the freshers ball ?:0

I'm the same,have nothing really planned for freshers week! But I think the ball is on in Alchamey :) need to start planning my week haha

Ciara 5 wrote: »

I'm the same,have nothing really planned for freshers week! But I think the ball is on in Alchamey :) need to start planning my week haha

Oh thanks!Ah at least I'm not the only one with no plans!:L Did you hear that we're in Tallaght on Tues and Friday?Saw it on facebook!By any chance is your tutor a man too?:L

Haha you're grand!
    I've got a lot of my week planned actually...I've definitely mondy planned thoroughly :L
    Freshers ball is on at 10 in the academy! It's 15euro in :)
    I'm not in on Tuesday at all

I

Oh thanks!Ah at least I'm not the only one with no plans!:L Did you hear that we're in Tallaght on Tues and Friday?Saw it on facebook!By any chance is your tutor a man too?:L

Oh sorry the Acadamy I always get them mixed up! :) yeah saw that :o explains why there's nothing on tuesday or Thursday, very exciting!!
    No I got a woman haha

I

Oh sorry the Acadamy I always get them mixed up! :) yeah saw that :o explains why there's nothing on tuesday or Thursday, very exciting!!
    No I got a woman haha

Is her name Kathryn Muldoon by any chance?!

I

No I got a woman haha

Oh haha I thought maybe because we're both the Adelaide we might have had the same one :( I know I think that'll be really good aaah exciting :D I'm starting to get nervous now for some reason :L

I

No I got a woman haha

Is her name Kathryn Muldoon by any chance?!

Nope...Michelle Leech

I

No I got a woman haha

Oh haha I thought maybe because we're both the Adelaide we might have had the same one :( I know I think that'll be really good aaah exciting :D I'm starting to get nervous now for some reason :L

Yeah I thought the same thing!
    I'm the exact same really looking forward to it now :) have you checked the orientation timetable, they've updated it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

I want to do either Children's and General Nursing Intergrated or General Nursing in UCC in 2013

Do you get to chose your hospital? When?:confused:

Advertisement