Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communting distance

Options
  • 16-07-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering whats the greatest distance ye have travelled to work whilst living in Waterford? Im currentlydoing 220km round trip atm

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not much but when I worked in Waterford used to do 50km each way,

The commute wasn't so bad once the motorway opened but was a pain before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Hillview down to the hyper haha. Nah it was hillview to farran park lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Alvaron sixty seven light years, live long and prosper

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

I have done Waterford to Dublin a good few times both for work and professional exam courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I do nearly 500km a week (working five days)! Some dose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

900km+ The joys of being a Premier League photographer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I do nearly 500km a week (working five days)! Some dose!

Yup me too, tis alot of driving thank god i like driving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Been doing 100km each way for 4 days a week. Tough going I have no idea How anyone does longer

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

ziedth wrote: »
    Been doing 100km each way for 4 days a week. Tough going I have no idea How anyone does longer

You must spend some money on petrol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

To and from Dublin five days a week for 3/4 months. It was torture. Up at 5am, home at 9.30p.m. When it snowed really bad the train journey took 3-4 hours each way some days.

I was lucky enough to find a job closer to home pretty quickly after my contract in Dublin ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You must spend some money on petrol!!

Ya big time, although I got paid for travel so it wasn't all bad. Luckily enough something came up closer to home and I finished up a couple of weeks back. For me there is no way I could do it long term

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I did Waterford Kilkenny for a good while on the old road. Grand but there was no way you could have a few drinks the day before work, you'd be sure to fall asleep on the road driving home. Think it was 75 km return each day, €50 a week in petrol.

I did 3 days a week, for 9 weeks in Newry. Mon, Wed and Sat, so I got the train each way every day. Left on the 6:30, home at 8:45.

The other person doing it, flew from Cork to Belfast.

Travel and expenses were covered thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Had to cover for one of the lads in kilkenny a couple of times, other than that I'm a 7 minute drive from work.

My boyfriend works in clonmel, they carpool between 3 if them though so really lucky that way !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Also did the Waterford to Kilkenny commute for a while a couple of times a week when I worked in Muldoons. I wasn't driving though so got to sleep on the way home. :cool:

I don't know what the distance is but my commute now is about 25/30 mins each way. (Does walking count as commuting?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Waterford to Cork City and back, nightmare of a commute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Currently doing Kilmacthomas to Carlow, daily. I used to cover Waterford, Kilkenny and Carlow for previous job - I racked up 40,000 Miles in a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Waterford to Wexford and back daily. About 80 mile round trip. It's not too bad when the traffic is light but a real pain if there's any slowcoaches. Very few places to overtake that the cops or speed vans haven't got covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Waterford to Berlin, Stockholm, Nice ... the life of a rock n' roll animal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Waterford to Wexford and back daily. About 80 mile round trip. It's not too bad when the traffic is light but a real pain if there's any slowcoaches. Very few places to overtake that the cops or speed vans haven't got covered.

A bit of good news for you this morning possibly with govt saying funding to be made available for n25 new ross bypass, should have 10 minutes off your journey. Good news for south east in general i suppose. (if it goes ahead)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Just over 8km cycle each way.
    Not too bad I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

You know whose some communt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i work as a rep for a living and do easily1600km a week just travelling from here to north wexford south wicklow area

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

i work as a rep for a living and do easily1600km a week just travelling from here to north wexford south wicklow area

Can I be your bodyguard? Then when people try to talk to me I can tell them to leave me alone as I have a rep to protect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Can I be your bodyguard? Then when people try to talk to me I can tell them to leave me alone as I have a rep to protect
    haha good one, but on a serious note if ya saw the size of me ya would realise i don't need protecting lol even my boss has used me for debt collecting in my job from customers who have'nt paid there bills lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I would genuinly hate to have longer than a 30 minute commute each way to work. Driving is something I find so time wasting and boring.

Advertisement