Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting T5 Tube holders to T8 Tube Holders?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 8:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

I want to change the 4 feet long T5 lights over to LED Tubes on my fish tank.

I cant find T5 LEDs anywhere.

Philips and Aurora both make 4 feet long T8 LED tubes though.

So my question is this.....

Can I buy T8 tube holders/connections anywhere so that I can chop off the T5s and wire on the T8 connections/holders instead?

Picture of T5 connections attached.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

this is not posible paddy, the ballast in the tank will be specifically for t5 lamps only, and will be electronic.
    if you were to change the lamp holders it will be difficult to find the right t8 lamp lenght to match your existing fitting, with out re-drilling the canopy.
    if changing to led you will need to bypass the ballast completely.
    we do t8 screwfix lampholders but they are not ip rated and we do terry clips for fixing the tube if ye want to call up to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

hi paddy,
    try Aquarium Solutions website.the guys name is Andy and he's based in Ashbourne,he coukd steer you on the right path even if he doesn't have what your looking for!
    i get all my gear for me marine tank off him,he's sound as a euro.
    oh they have a website too.Aquarium solutions.ie

hope this helps.

Advertisement