Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone repair Limerick?

• 16-07-2012 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Well!
    Anyone know where I can get my iPhone 4 screen replaced in Limerick city?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Thanks dunno how I missed that will give them a shout tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Place in foxes bow are top class

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

yeah the place in foxes bow are brillant and reasionable

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciarafb

Got my Iphone 3g screen replaced today for 30.00 - the shop is on Thomas street, past Eats of Eden, next door to Vamp - they had it done in 1 hour. Kept all my data. That place on Catherine Street quoted me 80.00, 2 days and lose all my data!!! No contest really. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Got it done yesterday in wickham st by mr mobile. €75 euro done in an hour so can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭Mucker2020

Just wondering can anyone please post an update of where is the cheapest iphone repair shop now or they still the same places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

ciarafb wrote: »
    Got my Iphone 3g screen replaced today for 30.00 - the shop is on Thomas street, past Eats of Eden, next door to Vamp - they had it done in 1 hour. Kept all my data. That place on Catherine Street quoted me 80.00, 2 days and lose all my data!!! No contest really. Hope that helps.
    Careful.. My sister got her screen replaced there and afterwards the wifi stopped working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

If you can afford to be without your phone for 3 days, I can recommend fixiy.ie. They do have a Tech guy in Tralee but it was too far - would have cost me almost as much in petrol!

I just had my iPhone 4S dock connector replaced and they provided great service - didn't lose any data either! Picked up from my house by DPD and dropped back to me three days later.

My phone came back to me exactly as it went, which was somewhat of a relief!

http://www.fixiy.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

They are pretty pricey though. 150 for a samsung s3 screen is expensive imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I paid €50 for an iPhone 4S dock connector including courier. When I called in to Vodafone to get my sim swapped to my old phone temporarily, the guy there said he could send the iPhone to their tech guys, but was looking at €200 minimum.

IMO €50 for the repair is much better than €200+.

Just looked at their site again, and a comparable screen repair for my iPhone, 4S, would only have been €24.99, so maybe they are more geared towards repairing Apple products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Anyone ever done it themselves?you tube video makes it look not to bad. Imo anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Anyone ever done it themselves?you tube video makes it look not to bad. Imo anyway.

I did my iPhone 5 myself... But it wasn't a straight swap. The screen I bought (under 30 euro) was literally that... Just the screen! I foolishly thought it was a quick fix.

I had to swap the camera, home button and metal backplate from my broken screen. Very fiddly and precise, but... also very do-able.

Still working away fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RoMacNa

I have bought products of Fixiy.ie three times in the last two months and fixed my IPhone 4 myself. My opinion of this company upon my first purchase was great, and I was raving about their affordable prices and prompt delivery to all my friends. I bought the parts and had my IPhone fixed in no time. Second purchase wasn`t as prompt but I had received the items in 4/5 days, which was acceptable.

My latest purchase (parts worth over €130) occurred nine days ago, I rang fixiy.ie yesterday morning for an update. The fixiy.ie representative on the phone apologised for the delay and informed me that my items would dispatched immediately. Today, after I did not receive any email to say my items were dispatched, I decided to ring them again. Got the same Fixiy.ie representative and he informed me that they weren`t dispatched yesterday and they won`t be shipping the items until late tonight sometime and I “should” have it Monday. I replied that I have already waited 9 days and rang yesterday about this and you informed me then that I would have my items today, to which he uttered a cursory half arsed “sorry about the delay”. No part discount or future discount was offered, nor the usually expected “your custom is important to us”, just appalling customer service if you ask me.

Under no circumstances will I ever recommend this company again, and will be telling all those whom I was raving to originally about Fixiy.ie, that it would be far quicker and less expensive to buy similar items in from China, and customer service would no doubt be far superior than that of Fixiy.ie also.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

RoMacNa wrote: »
    I have bought products of Fixiy.ie three times in the last two months and fixed my IPhone 4 myself. My opinion of this company upon my first purchase was great, and I was raving about their affordable prices and prompt delivery to all my friends. I bought the parts and had my IPhone fixed in no time. Second purchase wasn`t as prompt but I had received the items in 4/5 days, which was acceptable.

My latest purchase (parts worth over €130) occurred nine days ago, I rang fixiy.ie yesterday morning for an update. The fixiy.ie representative on the phone apologised for the delay and informed me that my items would dispatched immediately. Today, after I did not receive any email to say my items were dispatched, I decided to ring them again. Got the same Fixiy.ie representative and he informed me that they weren`t dispatched yesterday and they won`t be shipping the items until late tonight sometime and I “should” have it Monday. I replied that I have already waited 9 days and rang yesterday about this and you informed me then that I would have my items today, to which he uttered a cursory half arsed “sorry about the delay”. No part discount or future discount was offered, nor the usually expected “your custom is important to us”, just appalling customer service if you ask me.

Under no circumstances will I ever recommend this company again, and will be telling all those whom I was raving to originally about Fixiy.ie, that it would be far quicker and less expensive to buy similar items in from China, and customer service would no doubt be far superior than that of Fixiy.ie also.

Had a bad experience with them once and will never go back to them, my ipad needed a new screen, told me it would take 48 hours, he rang me 2 days later said that he ordered the wrong piece and it would take a further 2 days ( which didnt bother me) he rang me the following Wednesday to say that it was done but there was a problem with it, that the screen wasnt fit correctly but it was working perfectly, when i got it back the casing was chipped at the top and the screen was unresponsive, cowboy operator working out of his garden shed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robert1996

Anybody know a place in Limerick that will repair a iPhone that keeps restarting over and over again with blue lines appearing after it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Robert1996 wrote: »
    Anybody know a place in Limerick that will repair a iPhone that keeps restarting over and over again with blue lines appearing after it ?

Limerick Tech Center 52 Parnell Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Another sick iPhone here - slight water damage :o

I see last recommendation was for Limerick Tech Centre - any other thumbs up for there? The place in Foxes Bow? Anywhere else?

Advertisement