Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creedon's Cities, Galway, RTÉ 1, 9.35, 16 July 2012

Options
  • 16-07-2012 9:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone tuning in for this ?

Apparently he visits Charlie Byrne's Bookshop and meets Ken Bruen among others.

Might be worth a look.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Tuned in.. yaaawn. Televisual equivalent of listening to an extended grandpa simpson story.

Photos of early galway were cool though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bit tame all right. Harmless stuff, but thats to be expected.

Still, I like looking out for people I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Didn't think the Dublin one was great but there's probably far too much to fit into an hour long show.

This one on Galway is shocking though. BORING!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Will it be up on the RTE Player soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I loved the way it started with roundabouts. And traffic.

Nice old Merc though.

Claddagh photos were superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Taped it. Stuck it on. Wrong feckin channel. Wouldn't have minded seeing if I knew anybody. I presume it will be repeated anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Taped it. Stuck it on. Wrong feckin channel. Wouldn't have minded seeing if I knew anybody. I presume it will be repeated anyways.

It's on RTE Player now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers. I can't compute and my phone won't play Player. I'll get my hands on it in the next couple of days no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I thought the selection of some of the "guides" was a bit odd to say the least. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I thought the selection of some of the "guides" was a bit odd to say the least. :confused:

Odd, maybe, but refreshing also. It was good to see some different people being used other than the usual suspects who seem to always get trotted out. It was more a case of real Galway people, than people who happen to have businesses in Galway which cultivate a Galway image.

Great to see one of the Heaneys who've been around Galway since God was a child and good to see a real Claddagh man as well. I don't know the Claddagh guy but often heard of his grandmother.

Now before anyone has a go...I'm not into the whole "blow ins" argument, but I do get sick of seeing the same Chamber of Commerce approved types all the time.

Great to see William Henry as well. That man is really an amazing fount of knowledge. He's so giving of his time and energy. Wonderful asset for this city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

John Creedon didn't to it any justice. He should stick to what he is good at (although I'm not too sure what that is).

There are plenty of presenters who would have handled it better. I appreciate that the producer and director call all of the shots but surely Tubs or Derek Davis or Hector or Ian Dempsey or Grainne Seoige etc would have been a better choice.

Mind you, the camera work was clever and they were poxed with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

churchview wrote: »
    ....good to see a real Claddagh man as well. I don't know the Claddagh guy but often heard of his grandmother....

Tommy Houlihan! Ironically, he lives in Knocknacarra.

Advertisement