Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Stream is moving North at last !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yep next week nothing special. Dull and dreary for many with some heavy rain at time as front straddles the country. We look to miss out again while south east England bakes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Redsunset wrote: »
    Yep next week nothing special. Dull and dreary for many with some heavy rain at time as front straddles the country. We look to miss out again while south east England bakes

On the bright side good for the opening of the Olympics I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

First it's the snow now it's the sun,we just can't catch a break

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am so depressed right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Looking at this weeks updates from ME, seems your right. Got my hopes up but they are fading fast.
    Laying in bed listening to the wind howling, its mucky & damp out there, nothing to get out of bed for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

where's the sunshine :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It's here, in Dublin! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    where's the sunshine :(

I know - I'm goin to the food festival today, can't believe it's feckin raining :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I'm in Mayo and while there is no sunshine the waft of warm air that hit me this morning when I opened the door was Mediterranean like.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dark and dull here all morning, only difference now is that it does feel considerably milder but this is propably as good as it gets for us this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Wet and windy day here in Co Wexford ........The jet stream must be still south .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

So sickening to see the difference between the Irish and UK forecasts for the week ahead. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

This weather makes me want to pack up and board a plane to somewhere warm. It was beautiful in Cork yesterday and it's absolutely miserable today!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sea Filly wrote: »
    So sickening to see the difference between the Irish and UK forecasts for the week ahead. :(

unfortunately this is something we just have to take for granted, it happens almost every summer and winter because we have the worst location in all of Europe for decent cold and warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Its the wind today which is unreal for summer? I thought high pressure was nearby? Its like a winter low pressure system moving through. The mucky miserable damp drizzle i am used to in summer, but the wind here is unreal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

snaps wrote: »
    Its the wind today which is unreal for summer? I thought high pressure was nearby? Its like a winter low pressure system moving through. The mucky miserable damp drizzle i am used to in summer, but the wind here is unreal today.

Very windy here today too. I wasn't expecting it to be this windy. Feeling warm though but cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Warm in spite of cloudy conditions in the Limerick area. As I am using the mobile version of the website the location don't appear with your username. Please indicate your approximate area like nearest town or county you are in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

And the forecast is.......yeh know I don't even have to type a new post. All I have to do is repost this from the 16th:P

Arguably the far southeast of England might get marginally better weather but, back in the real world, there is no sign whatsoever of any break in the weather for the forseeable future for everyone else. It will happen eventually but as far as I can make out it's probably not happening for another two weeks at least! I will see about doing a full forecast for the next 9 days tomorrow with charts and all that. I am not optimistic though at all.

:pac:

The only change i'd make is it's a little better this week than last week. Polar front across us for much of the week though means pulses of rain and alot of cloud. Warm enough in the south at times - fairly cool in the northwest - meh in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

bring back the thunderstorms. this is boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Actually ended up a lovely summer's day here in Dublin. Temps up to 21c and plenty of sunshine in the afternoon, though admittedly a bit windy.

A nice surprise as it wasn't really forecast. Looks as if the rain is holding just that little bit further west than predicted. Let's hope it stays like this for the rest of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

compsys wrote: »

A nice surprise as it wasn't really forecast.

Except that is was..;)

MT's forecast from this morning for example:
    TODAY ... Warm and muggy with widespread low cloud western counties, south coast, some of which will spread further inland at times with the sun more likely to win out in the east, especially where the southwest winds are forced to downslope, so it could turn out quite warm in places like Wicklow and Dublin. Highs 18-21 C in the cloud west and south, 21-23 C generally but 23-25 C locally in warmer parts of the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

was drizzly and really windy down towards the south-east. Our only really nice day was Saturday. summers over now I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

compsys wrote: »
    Actually ended up a lovely summer's day here in Dublin. Temps up to 21c and plenty of sunshine in the afternoon, though admittedly a bit windy.

A nice surprise as it wasn't really forecast. Looks as if the rain is holding just that little bit further west than predicted. Let's hope it stays like this for the rest of the week.
    Not here it wasn't,cloudy most of the time with the odd sunny break for 5 mins or so each time,although it was mild & breezy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brightseasons

Just thought you may all like to hear that my elderly neighbour who has forecast the correct weather in the past informed me yesterday that there will be a return to summer sunshine this Wednesday and it will last. I really hope that he is right as my plants are crying out for sunshine.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Munstermac

So after all the huffing and puffing it looks like Darkman was the closest to being right after all!

The best that could be said for the weekend around my parts was that it wasn't cold and it didn't rain till Sunday evening - back to the usual muck this morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Here's a typical satellite pic that we see every single summer and will continue to see in future summers - Europe and most of England basking in sunshine and our little wind and rain swept island out in the Atlantic under a permanent blanket of cloud. The Romans didn't call Ireland "Hibernia" (basically land of winter) for nothing!
    Get on to Ryanair folks and head south!!
    http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Here's a typical satellite pic that we see every single summer and will continue to see in future summers - Europe and most of England basking in sunshine and our little wind and rain swept island out in the Atlantic under a permanent blanket of cloud. The Romans didn't call Ireland "Hibernia" (basically land of winter) for nothing!
    Get on to Ryanair folks and head south!!
    http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

And it's been ever thus. Was only thinking yesterday about what stopped the Roman's advance dead in their tracks..the land of Winter, even in the Summer!

On a slightly different note I see Italy is getting it's ususal lash of Summer thunderstorms, whilest Spain and Portugal remain clear, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Not sure where all of you are based but today has actually been very pleasant here in south east meath so far; good long spells of sunshine and the breeze means it's not too warm- perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

32 mm since yday evening. I feckin hate this country some times. Sooooooooo depressing today. Floods in fields , roads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

Shortly it will be moving south again going by the models and we will be in the same old crap once again!:(

Advertisement