Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Stream is moving North at last !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

rc28 wrote: »
    Not sure where all of you are based but today has actually been very pleasant here in south east meath so far; good long spells of sunshine and the breeze means it's not too warm- perfect!

Cork is absolutely miserable today.

Weather wise that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wonderful day here anyway, up to 24.7C now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

It's been dark and murky here for the past few days. I drove about 10 miles up the road into Wicklow and it's shirtless weather. Really is taking the p**s. Feels like I'm just south of the stream :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So much for the 'heat wave' and temps of 28-30 degrees inland:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Well that was only a possibility based on best case scenario. At the moment it's hot sunshine, a very warm wind and temperatures currently at 25c in many parts of Dublin county and city, as well as parts of Wicklow. That's not too far from 28c!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

There's a field near my house and it's been flooded a while, nothing new there, but now ducks have moved in. Never saw that in this field before. Just shows how bad thing are with the weather.

Great weather for ducks as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just drizzling now. 35 mm since yday evening. Higher than any total during any of the flood warnings this year ..... Still 'twas nice of met e to put up a warning at 1035am this morning when 27mm had already fallen .....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Trogdor wrote: »
    Wonderful day here anyway, up to 24.7C now!

Yeah in Bray here also, thermo at 25.2 at the moment. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Dull and misty outside newry with a misley rain all day no sign of a blue sky never mind the sun only thing is its not cold
    No point in reading weather forecasts any more

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Same here in Strabane all day. Heavy rain from this morning till mid afternoon, now just an ole drizzle. Dull day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Thank god for the wickla mountains :)
    The satellite pic shows a hole in the clouds in the Dublin area in the lee of the the mountains, the exact same thing happened at the end of last September when it hit 26c in Dublin while the rest of the country got little or nothing.
    25c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Faded Glory

Good old Ireland smoothered in cloud as usual. Break in the clouds in and around Dublin though. Lousy in Cork yesterday and today.

WEB_sat_vis_eur.jpg

WEB_sat_vis_irl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Unfort that's where the polar front is located...over Ireland since the Ice Age!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

BBC graphics at lunchtime had torrential rain all tommorrow over many midland and eastern areas:(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

hasnt stopped raining in longford

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Cruising the Shannon at the moment. Hasnt stopped raining since sometime during the night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

So what was today's max then? I watched the 9.30 forecast earlier to find out but Gerry Murphy was doing it, Evelyn would have mentioned it but interesting Gerry didn't seem to think it was worth mentioning the highest temperature since May which would make today the warmest day of the summer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

I know we were 24.9c at lunch time right on the sea in Bray.... Felt a million degrees warmer - still unnaturally warm now but sure we wont complain .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It got to 25.6 °C at Dun Laoghaire Harbour during this afternoon's Föhn, but most of the 18Z synops came in missing lots of data, including the max temp. Dublin Airport though did report a max of 23.7 °C, Casement 23.1 °C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Got to 25.8c here today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Birdnuts wrote: »
    BBC graphics at lunchtime had torrential rain all tommorrow over many midland and eastern areas:(

Yep :( Just starting to show on radar now.

hirlam-2-18.png?23-19

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

lucy2010 wrote: »
    I know we were 24.9c at lunch time right on the sea in Bray.... Felt a million degrees warmer - still unnaturally warm now but sure we wont complain .....

I was at Bray seafront since 12 today. It was a fab day there with the kids. Only left about half 7. Driving back M50 hit the rain at Lucan. Kids were suncreamed plenty but myself did not re-apply as much and now paying the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Yep :( Just starting to show on radar now.

hirlam-2-18.png?23-19
    :eek:

Its like a conga line

So is this our week, more rain?

Is the Jet Stream going to move further north or is this just a tease?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lucreto wrote: »
    :eek:

Its like a conga line

Is the Jet Stream going to move further north or is this just a tease?

Tomorrows Jet Stream...note anything. :(

gfs-5-12.png?18

However. Wednesday looks a lot better :D

gfs-5-48.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

it reached 17.8c in sligo today and rained for 16 and a half hours with 13mm of rain. This good weather is worse than the bad weather.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its wet and drizzling rain in South-West-Wexford all night.

Hopefully we can live up to our name of Sunny-South-East Tuesday . ( if Martin King is to believed )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Dull misty drisley rain again today in the north east
    Can we please have the jet stream back

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not sure if thread title should be ammended to read/add '.....we thought it would.....but it didn't!' :D Does not really look like the jet stream is going anywhere (except over us)!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aimery

It's storm together with typhoon here, I don't know how long it will last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Latest GFS runs look better for first week August but it'll have changed back to yellow/green muck by this afternoon I expect.

Advertisement