Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you feed your fish?

Options
  • 17-07-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I recently saw a green terror on a US site with stunning colours and it made me question what I am feeding my fish.

I currently use the following:

Frozen Bloodworm
    Frozen Brime shrimp
    Live Black & red bloodworm
    JBL Novobel
    JBL Novofect (for the L81 pleco)
    Tetra Prima discus (for colour)
    New life Sprectrum
    And just bought Hikari cichlid gold (recommended by an american cichlid guru) but medium and as my lads are small, its only the oscars that can eat them at the moment..
    I try to mix it up as much as possible to give them a balanced diet.

What do you feed your fish and what have you noticed the most in terms of colour and agility?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Frozen brineshrimp (including the variations - +spirulina, +garlic)
    Daphnia if we run low on brineshrimp
    Floating sticks/pellets
    Sometimes cucumber for the algae eaters and the frontosa love it too

the marine get
    mysis shrimp
    brineshrimp again
    krill

We change it up every so often too.
    We used to use the pro-colour stuff but didn't think it made a difference.
    I find the cichlids go mad after brineshrimp, although I've never seen a change in colour in any tank we've ever had we must be doing something right because they're all pretty vivid.

Also very rarely, we'll chop up one of the axolotls earthworms, they go crazy for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have Tanganyikan cichlids and them NLS pellets, JBL Tanganyikan flake, frozen brine shrimp, krill and live brine shrimp once or twice a week.

I currently have three species breeding in the tank so they must be happy with their grub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

My oscars get floating cichlid pellets,lumps of chicken,garden worms,beetles,crickets,bananna pieces,woodlice etc.

My convicts get bloodworms,floating sticks,tetra fish flakes and small insects.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Betta gets hikari betta pellets
    Community tank gets tetra flakes for gourami and tetras and shrimp pellets for corys and snails, and the occasional treat of bloodworms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

The goldies get Sera Goldfish Flakes.
    The community tank get a mixture of Tetra Prima and Tetra Pro Colour. Also frozen Daphnia, Brine Shrimp, Bloodworm and for a treat, a big bag of live daphnia once every 2 weeks or so.
    The plecos and cories get sinking catfish pellets and as a treat, some chunks of cucumber and zuchinni.

Upon reflection, they're better fed then me!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I feed mine bloodworm tubifex and live brine shrimp to the community fish and for my MBU Puffer he gets bloodworm, mussel, snails, Prawns and the odd red clawed crab for a treat, I also throw the odd garden worm into him too

My Pleco's get sinking pellets and also a lump of cucmbers twice a week

Advertisement